Past encounters with OFNers

Jigger

After you've been around awhile, you get to chatting with enough folks and one thing usually leads to another. Aside from Pike opener and Bass opener, I find that I tend to g2g with more OFNers in the fall. More often than not Bass is the main quarry. But you never know when something out of the blue might surprise you. I've fished with a pretty good number of past and present board members Bucktail, Sinker, Crazyhook, Cudz, Lucid, Highdrifter, GBW, and a few others may have passed this way or that. Thanks to all that have shared a boat, a pier, lakeside, shoreline or a riverbank. I've taken away something from each of you and, hopefully, left something in return. Just thought I'd start this thread in honour of OFNers that maybe YOUve spent some time with and maybe drop a story, or simply a pic of others that have passed your way... Thanks OFC for being the resource that brings us together!

Sinker and I got out a few times in search of skis in the Kawarthas. But there was a cursed net involved that didn't help matters. Don't let him fool you, he loves catching these. Who doesn't?

funphotos197.jpg

Lucid enjoys slowing down the pace and really picking spots apart. Was out with him this past bass opener and he put on an absolute clinic! Sure hes known as a T.O. pike guy, but hes a self-admitted bass addict.

IMG_3362.jpg

Highdrifter joined me last Thanksgiving for a day up in Haliburton. I owed him one after getting skunked the last time he was in my boat. He brought a friggin banana on board. Guess what? As soon as I made him throw it overboard we erased the skunk that had been dogging us that day too! He did ok for himself that day...

IMG_0523.jpg

theres a vid of this one, but I can't figure out how to embed it. So...

IMG_0509.jpg

I've been blessed to fish with Cudz a few times the last couple of years and can't thank him enough for the lessons learned. Hes the first guy to show me the dropshot technique. Even offered me a rod pre-rigged. I turned it down thinking my tube would be adequate. I got schooled. He can grow a heck of a 'stache and catches ridiculous fish...

IMG_1058.jpg

GBW and I come from a relative past. We knew each other back in highschool but never enough to go fishing. Been out a couple of times now thanks to OFC. Unfortunately for us, aside from a nice fish early on my side, fish were scarce this day until we were just about ready to go he says "I don't care if its even a perch, just let me catch one!" As if on queue...

IMG_0599.jpg

Thanks again OFNers, you're alright by me.

You forgot to mention it was damn cold that day... ;)

Again, let's get out and get out SOON! TKSGIV weekend is out but others have a small chance due to kids hockey.

As to the intent of the post, I have pic's of headhunter, ccmt, young_one, fishensled and a bunch of others here that I have met through this great site that I will look for a post later.

THANKS TJ AND CREW for OFC/OFC!!!!

"Colin" was my first OFC'r & internet fishing pal I met back in 2004.

Ive met and fished with many since and to this day some of my closest fishing pals are/were at one time or another active OFC'rs.

Thanks again TJQ :Gonefishing:

heres a few quick ol photos i found

bonus points for the 'oltimers who can name 'em

fishing0021.jpg

puslinch002.jpg

IMG_0122Medium1.jpg

j_king.jpg

SA400596.jpg

SA400406.jpg

1248381.jpg

Edited by fishdawg

I have fished with quite a few OFC'ers since I joined back in 2006. A few of them I consider very good friends today...ones I would have never met if it wasn't for this site.

I did a little thank you song for the site a few years back...anyone remember how it goes? :whistling:

That being said Jigger...we live what...10 minutes apart?? We have to stop saying "we should get out soon" via PM and just do it! LOL

I've fished with a pile of guys/gals from this wonderfull site.

Posts like this come every now and then. I have an expanding OFC Bucket List of folks I would like to fish with.

Not to point anyone out.... But:

Fish up north with Moosebunk

Go an a Mike Borger Adventure

Hit the rivers around the Sault with Tdun

Go bass fishing on Simcoe with Cudz (preferabliy while he is supporting the "monkey tail beard".)

Fly into the temagami with Irishfield

Beat the rivers with BillM and Brian for a day

Hammar some geese with Sinker

Hit 6-mile for a day with Bugugli

Musky hunting on LSC with some of the musky guys!

The list is much longer then this.. But I don't have time right now to type it out.

It's funny, becayse everytime I think of who I want to fish with from this forum, my list keep growing longer and longer.

I've been a very lucky guy and in the 10 1/2 years I've been hanging around this board I've had the pleasure of fishing with almost 70 different members.

We've boated 100's of nice fish together and even been skunked a bunch, but we ALWAYS had a great time

And I've never met an OFNer (OFCer)I didn't like :thumbsup_anim:

Beat the rivers with BillM and Brian for a day

Anytime bud.

Hammar some geese with Sinker

That ones very close to the top of my list. Ok number 3 closer to 2.LOL

Maybe we can hook up and get him to get us out. :worthy:

The very first OFC member I hooked up was Wolfville (Randy)

When I fish with Lew,we have a good understanding. I fish for bass,and leave his muskie alone. :rofl2:

Edited by Misfish

That being said Jigger...we live what...10 minutes apart??

15 min as he's 4 from me, LOL!

I caught wood with Terry and Wanye.

that's just wrong knowing Wayne (face to face) and Terry from here (but hope face to face perch'n this winter)...

Been fishing with a bunch of folks here over the years and forgive me if I miss anyone.

Jigger (he started this whole post, so LOL), CCMT, Sinclair, young_one, HH aka headhunter, fishnsled, bitsmith2, gerrit (sp), lincon and a bunch of others that I know right now but all I can think of is real names and not OFC/OFC names.

Love it here... B)

Edited by GBW

Its been a while man, we should hook up!!

S.

One day the stars will align. Im sure of that!

You forgot to mention it was damn cold that day... ;)

Again, let's get out and get out SOON! TKSGIV weekend is out but others have a small chance due to kids hockey.

Lots of time left for it to get cold again! Lol

Was nice to fish with you on the ice a few years back.

Still looking for that jig that lights up lol

Pretty cool seeing that ski swim by the hole! You can have that jig. It needs a new home...

I did a little thank you song for the site a few years back...anyone remember how it goes? :whistling:

That being said Jigger...we live what...10 minutes apart?? We have to stop saying "we should get out soon" via PM and just do it! LOL

I remember that little ditty! Pretty much like NAW said. Every once in awhile a thread like this pops up, this little oasis being what it is.

Im hoping weve already got the ball rolling for the fall ;)

I caught wood with Terry and Wanye.

Not really what i had in mind with this thread. Not that theres anything wrong with that :)

After you've been around awhile, you get to chatting with enough folks and one thing usually leads to another. Aside from Pike opener and Bass opener, I find that I tend to g2g with more OFNers in the fall. More often than not Bass is the main quarry. But you never know when something out of the blue might surprise you. I've fished with a pretty good number of past and present board members Bucktail, Sinker, Crazyhook, Cudz, Lucid, Highdrifter, GBW, and a few others may have passed this way or that. Thanks to all that have shared a boat, a pier, lakeside, shoreline or a riverbank. I've taken away something from each of you and, hopefully, left something in return. Just thought I'd start this thread in honour of OFNers that maybe YOUve spent some time with and maybe drop a story, or simply a pic of others that have passed your way... Thanks OFC for being the resource that brings us together!

Sinker and I got out a few times in search of skis in the Kawarthas. But there was a cursed net involved that didn't help matters. Don't let him fool you, he loves catching these. Who doesn't?

funphotos197.jpg

Lucid enjoys slowing down the pace and really picking spots apart. Was out with him this past bass opener and he put on an absolute clinic! Sure hes known as a T.O. pike guy, but hes a self-admitted bass addict.

IMG_3362.jpg

Highdrifter joined me last Thanksgiving for a day up in Haliburton. I owed him one after getting skunked the last time he was in my boat. He brought a friggin banana on board. Guess what? As soon as I made him throw it overboard we erased the skunk that had been dogging us that day too! He did ok for himself that day...

IMG_0523.jpg

Thanks again OFNers, you're alright by me.

Fished with Sinker at Pigeon as well.

Have fished with many from this forum just by running into them at Toronto Islands.

Mostly about 7-8 yrs. ago. Fished some with SNAG, FHR, Highdrifter, Patrick GG, Dude,Lucid, etc...

A picture of Lucid about 7 years ago this was mid-March.

IMG_0695.jpg

Dude with nice pike late March about 9 yrs ago.

F1000005.jpg

Ran into Mikeh at Pickering outflow 6 yrs.ago in winter.

IMG_0003-22.jpg

He helped me with this musky from Pigeon. Not biggest but healthy looking musky.

IMG_0019mod1_edited.jpg

Even got out with BillM for Rocky Saugeen specks about 5 yrs.ago

IMG_0002-21.jpg

Never attended G2G or anything but still met plenty of OFNers.

Every person i have met from forum were exceptional, friendly folk.

Wow, if I had to throw a number out there for the number of guys I've fished with and socialized with through this forum it would be well over a hundred.

I won't even try to list them all as my memory is not what it once was and I'd be upset if I forgot to mention even one. :)

I will state however that everyone of them I'd be happy to spend time with again. thumbsup_anim.gif