Brook Trout Nirvanna: Fishing The Sutton River

solopaddler

what an great read mike! you have a way with words that make you feel like your there in the flesh... I couldn't imagine coming that close to a polar bear, i would literally have to clean my drawers after that for sure! but then quickly get back to the fishfest, pantless of course.

The chronzy shore lunch looks damn good! I do feel bad for Bill tho, eating trailmix and you got fresh cooked slab on your plate!! lol

totally jealous...again!

Well Mike that was fantastic and its truly a shame to share it with only the OFC community you really should submit that for publishing. Now my complaint. Not only did you get to do this wonderful trip and experience probably the best brook trout fishing in the world but NO PORTAGES!?!?!?!?

My jealousy knows no bounds! I think I'm going to have to start saving I want to share this trip with my son. As you felt this was like having to do a project for school I'll give a A++ but have to remove one plus for tardiness. I think I speak for all who will read this report and say

i7Hjto.gif

Bill you did a great job as photographer.

Edited by Musky or Specks

Thanks for sharing an adventure of a lifetime Mike and Bill. What an amazing lunchtime read. The beauty of a brook trout is what draws me to them, and, seeing so many beautiful specimens in pristine waters...absolutely priceless!!

Loved the bit about Bill eating some fish, at least he got a taste.

Epic, spectacular, amazing, awe inspiring, but, most of all, just a great tale of two friends enjoying nature.

Thanks for putting together that MEGA report and taking us along on your adventures. Definitely an amazing trip that many of us will never have the opportunity to experience.

I can't believe Bill ate fish even though he is allergic! Luckily he didn't go into anaphylactic shock! Definitely not the place for that.

I can't believe Bill ate fish even though he is allergic! Luckily he didn't go into anaphylactic shock! Definitely not the place for that.

I've had fish before, I knew exactly what the reaction was going to be like. I was hoping some of those fresh fish from the ocean wouldn't bother me (I can eat saltwater fish, just not freshwater).. Unfortunately my experiment didn't work! Although it tasted fantastic!

I've had fish before, I knew exactly what the reaction was going to be like. I was hoping some of those fresh fish from the ocean wouldn't bother me (I can eat saltwater fish, just not freshwater).. Unfortunately my experiment didn't work! Although it tasted fantastic!

I definitely get the temptation. Don't know how you manage to go through life with that handicap..... oh that's right you make up for it by doing these trips. Well I'm glad your allergic...Still having jealousy issues.. my apologies

Well, if time spent fishing is not deducted from our life; I hope that hour or so I just spent will not be deducted from mine, and if it is, it was worth it.

I'll take sentences you won't hear on a remote fly-in fishing trip for a thousand Alex.

"I can't believe you were just greased out by some rube flossing fish with a marshmallow on the Sutton!!" :rofl2:

I started reading this report Mike at 11:30,my lunch time. Although I couldnt see the pics or vids,I was in a very deep trance (like I was there),that I didnt even hear the end of lunch buzzer. I heard this voice,are you going back to work? it was a half hour past the end of the lunch break :w00t: No worries though.

THAT SIR,WAS ONE HELL OF A READ. WHAT A TRIP.

Now that I have seen the pics and vids,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I would also like to add,this report should be narrated.It has that feeling in the writting.

Great trip guys.

Thanks for taking the painful time to post. :thumbsup_anim: