Prettiest lake ever

danc

About 10 years ago a friend flew me into a lake that left a huge impact on me. Not only was the fishing great, but the lake itself was a gem. Quite frankly, it was the most beautiful lake that I've ever seen. Turquoise blue green water made it seem like you were fishing in Hawaii. You could easily see bottom down 50 feet. In fact my buddy flew another friend into this lake a few years back and the depth finder was reading 45 feet. The friend informed him that his depth finder was not working. It's not 45 feet here. But indeed it was. Somehow this crystal clear water made 50 feet look like 20. It's been on my bucket list to get back there ever since. Last weekend I got to cross that return adventure off of my list.

A short 8 mile ride from our camp site to the lake with another buddy flying solo off of our wing.

albany6.jpg

Our approach gave me this awesome view of paradise.

albany4.jpg

Heading out fishing. The green water in this shot is probably 30 to 40 feet deep. The trees at the far end are the length of the lake. Barely enough room to take off with the plane. My pilot buddies were concerned about getting off of the lake with the wind direction.

albany8.jpg

All you have to do to catch fish here is drop any kind of lure to the bottom. Within a few minutes you'll have a Lake Trout on. Most fish are on the small side. 2 to 3 lbs. But occasionally you'll latch on to a cannibal. That's a fish that gets big enough to feed on it's own kind and can grow to monsterous proportions. Our biggest fish this trip was about 12 lbs. And I had a fish on that I couldn't budge off of the bottom before it spit my barbless hook. My last time here we caught a couple of mid to high teen weight fish.

albany9.jpg

albany5-1.jpg

I love this lake so much that I just might put it back on my bucket list.

I had the same experience on that lake as a teen (might not be the same lake you are referring to but it looks one in the same).

Me and two buddies visited the lake for the first time to hang out and have beers with a few girlfriends. When we arrived, we were shocked at the view right on the lake! Wow! We quickly got the swim trunks on and walked to the end of the dock. There was a diving board? I thought, what the hell? I asked her "why is there a diving board? It's like 6 FOW off the end of the dock?" She laughed. "Go ahead, pin dive and touch bottom". I obliged. I resurfaced defeated, lol. We later trolled through what was indeed, 22 FOW.

Fishing was incredible, but snorkeling was a def. highlight of the trip

Edited by manitoubass2

I meant to add Dan,,,,,,,,,,,,That water looks like Mountain Dew,,,,,,,, ;)

Still cant get over the beauty of the water. :worthy:

It's a rare gem for sure Brian. My pilot buddy has flown from coast to coast many times and he says that he's never seen a lake quite like this one.

Gorgeous water Dan! I have always wanted to fish for trout in a lake, but this type of water makes it all the more special. I never even knew we had water in Ontario like that, especially so far North. I guess I always just thought most of the Northern lakes were more tanic coloured.

Whats the name of the lake???

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to ask that question!!! I'm pretty sure it won't be answered! If you have a place like that, you generally keep it to yourself! None of this :blahblah1:

It sure does look magical though!

Edited by vtbass