Bacon Wrapped Smoked Pork Loin

Pikeslayer8

Been wanting to try this for awhile. Bought a large pork loin and chunked out 5 nice chops for later.

DSC00724.jpg

Made a bacon weave on wax paper.

DSC00725.jpg

After applying run on the loin, I wrapped the loin with the weave.

DSC00726.jpg

Put er on my water smoker

DSC00727.jpg

Topped it off with some fresh rosemary.

DSC00728.jpg

5 hrs on the smoker

DSC00729.jpg

Brought it in.

DSC00730.jpg

Sliced in

DSC00731.jpg

Served with mashed potatoes, fresh asparagus with hollandaise sauce.

DSC00732.jpg

Thanks for coming by! whistling.gif

That looked fantastic! Right up to it was covered in that gooey stuff. Each his own eh. I like asparagus bare except for butter and salt and pepper, same goes for that great looking loin, omit the butter that is.

Nice job and that weave must have tried your patience.

looks amazing ! here's a little treat the mrs. made up for my dirty 30 party (and numerous times since)..

meatloaf cupcakes.jpg

they are bacon wrapped meatloaf cupcakes , topped with havarti w/ jalapino cheese "icing" and green onion "sprinkles" Mmmm Mmmm

Edited by Toad Hunter

Dang how did I miss this one until 6:30 am? Wrong time to read this post I think I will be hitting subway got to get some pulled pork to get me through until I can make that.

Did you trim some of the fat off first and just get flavor from the bacon?

Looks awesome

looks amazing ! here's a little treat the mrs. made up for my dirty 30 party (and numerous times since)..

meatloaf cupcakes.jpg

they are bacon wrapped meatloaf cupcakes , topped with havarti w/ jalapino cheese "icing" and green onion "sprinkles" Mmmm Mmmm

Wow Toad, those look delicious. I think that may be the the next on the docket. clapping.gifclapping.gif

I'm thinking a 50/50 blend of hamburger and pork sausage stuffed with havarti and jalapenos and finished just like your misses did.

Think I'll put em on the smoker for a couple hours.

Thanks for the ideas.

Dang how did I miss this one until 6:30 am? Wrong time to read this post I think I will be hitting subway got to get some pulled pork to get me through until I can make that.

Did you trim some of the fat off first and just get flavor from the bacon?

Looks awesome

Oh no you didn't. Me, cut off fat, blasphemy. sarcasm.gif If I could a, I'd a stapled some more fat on er. rofl2.gifrofl2.gif

No, the fat cap under the bacon, rubbed with the same rub that you make also, is the most delectable bite there is.

Thanks everybody for all the kind words. worthy.gif

I've been hounding her to add bacon bits to the sprinkles (real bacon not that salty dog food like crap) - but she says " baby, there's already enough bacon" (pffffft :dunno:) I should also add that she puts minced bacon in the meat loaf as well lol