WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO INTRODUCTIONS ???

misfish

Seems we have many new members joing up,which is very cool. :good: But,no intro. This is/well was/no is,and will be,a community.A family community. All I ask,heck the family asks,if you want to join up,share your passion,past and present.Just a wee bit about yourself.

Thats all we ask.

Welcome to the family. :clapping:

Been a member for a long time, but I guess I never really let people know who I am.

My name is Dan. I live in Grimsby with my beautiful wife and 3 boys aged 5, 3 and 10 months. I just bought my first big boat, a Smokercraft Promag. We have a trailer near Dunnville, so I am learning lake Erie. This board has been amazing for information and cool stuff.... love it!

As Dan did, I will also introduce myself to those that don't know me. My name is Caleb, I'm a highschool student in Cayuga. I've been fishing with a couple members of this board and it was great, this place is awesome thumbsup_anim.gif I spend most of my time fishing the grand river for whatever bites but my favourites are the strong river bass & eyes. I do some kayak fishing and do alot of camping. Lately I've tried my luck at fly fishing and what fun it has been! catching bass often now and the odd mooneye. Tommorow I'm going on a hunt for walleye on the fly so watch for a report tommorow devil.gif Thats all for now, thanks!

I've been a long-time lurker, a member for a little while, but what the heck, I will take this opportunity for an introduction.

I'm Shayne, I live in between Pembroke and Petawawa, Ontario, on the Ottawa River. I fish the river in winter and spring for walleye, occasionally in Quebec for trout, but spend most of my time in the summer on the less travelled lakes in the area, including Lake Clear (my favorite), Lake Dore and Constant Lake. Once the fall comes and the loonies and (over)enforcement have vacated the river, I am back on the Ottawa for the fall run of walleye.

I have a 2010 Stratos 285XL DC with a 150HO ETEC Evinrude, and a 2006 Sylvan Sea Snapper with a Johnson 15hp that stays in the water in front of my place for quick fishing trips out on the river.

Great site, I have learned lots over the last few years!

This is a great idea Brianclapping.gif For the new guys and the old timers who dont know me.

My name is Paul. I am originally from Ottawa, but have lived most of my adult life in Montreal.

I fish Walleye, Bass and new to Musky. I own a 2010 Princecraft Sarfish DLX SC, with a 40 HP Merc.

I have been on the forum since july 2010, and although i started off as a fliberty gibbit, i have calmed and matured since thenwhistling.gif I fish mainly the St Lawerence and lakes, but i have fished White Lake, The Rideau and others.

Hey Spanky, i was born in Pembrokeclapping.gif

well said Brian (and yes, I admit, I stumbled here on my intro 2 years ago - this being the first forum I joined ). So for those who havent noticed I am a fishing addict. But these days I seem to be better known as the guy who goes fishing with, and consistently gets out fished by, G-man. Give a man fish fish, feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and feed him for life; teach your son to fish and get upstaged each time you go out. laugh.gif No better reward for a father. Introduced him to bass fishin' on Temagami last week - kid taught himself how to jig by watching the fish.

IMG_0725.jpg

126_1316.jpg

A full Temagami report to come later ----

well said Brian (and yes, I admit, I stumbled here on my intro 2 years ago - this being the first forum I joined ). So for those who havent noticed I am a fishing addict. But these days I seem to be better known as the guy who goes fishing with, and consistently gets out fished by, G-man. Give a man fish fish, feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and feed him for life; teach your son to fish and get upstaged each time you go out. laugh.gif No better reward for a father. Introduced him to bass fishin' on Temagami last week - kid taught himself how to jig by watching the fish.

IMG_0725.jpg

126_1316.jpg

A full Temagami report to come later ----

Thanks for introducing yourself, Spincast. Your mentor G-Man, of course, needs no introduction! :clapping:

This is like an FA addicts meeting (fishaholics anonymous)!

My name is Emanuel and I live in etobicoke with my lovely wife and fantastic 5 month old daughter.

Been fishing for 30 plus years.....but started young mostly in urban areas around southern Ontario (toronto, Hamilton, dundas, Burlington)!

Favorites species are bass, pike, steelhead, walleye.

Love to fish, whenever I can get out, it this summer has been about my daughter. I'll catch up down the road.

Cheers.

I've also been trying to update my info for some time; picture, info, avatar?, it's a bit overwhelming especially if your not a techy. Still haven't got my jpeg to show when I post.

This is might detour some newbies.

well alright havent done this since I first joined so its a good idea....lol

Name is Eric. I tend to go by Hud. I live in Brooklin. Moved to Canada from the states about 4 years ago. Engaged to a lovely Canadian girl and getting married in a couple of months. I tend to prefer to fish for muskie, walleye and pike but hope to get the hang of steelies as well

I've also been trying to update my info for some time; picture, info, avatar?, it's a bit overwhelming especially if your not a techy. Still haven't got my jpeg to show when I post.

Yeah, I do agree. When i first started i was avatar-less for while. I can't remember what exactly I did to solve the problem but what i believe i did was went to a picture editing website on the internet and downsxaled te image (because it said the file was to large) then it worked for me! :) dunno if that is your problem too or not, but i hope it helps!

I'd be more than happy to help eman, just PM me any photos or photo links or any questions re: help.

I"ll do the intro

My name is Andrew - but most people call me Gordy - I live in Mississauga and with my wife, 17yr old stepdaughter, 3 year old daughter and cant forget Roxie our 4 year Boston Terrier

Have fished all my life - primarily on Balsam lake as my family has had a trailer there since i was a baby

Favourite species is a tie - smallmouth and musky - although the last few years I have fished more walleye

Love the board - great info, great reads and great tips

Cheers

Gordy

oye, haven't had to do this since my first meeting but here it goes-

My name is Steve, I'm born and raised in Kitchener, and have had a family trailer at the Northern Eagle trailer resort my entire life On Kashagawigamog in Haliburton, and have recently bought my own to enjoy for years to come. I live with my gf Tasha, who I have recently got into fishing with me, and we are expecting our first born on New years day (hope he likes fishing- yes we've been told its a wee lad).

I'm a HUGE miami dolphins fan, must be the logo, cuz it sure ain't the "win" column (as of late) that has me rootin for em. I mainly fish for bass,walleye and pike, but have recently been stockin up on musky gear, and have pulled the odd laker out of the ice back in the day.

Very cool fellas.

I thought this would be a good thread for the older long time members to know the newer members. Seem to be working.

I thank all that participated so far.

Im Brian.Misfish, stands for, misfit fisherman. Ya I fit the bill.LOL

I hunt and fish. Fishing has seem to taken over the hunting,but I still love to bow hunt.

My new passion is, float fishing,LOVE IT, and fly fishing,LOVE IT JUST AS MUCH.