WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO INTRODUCTIONS ???

misfish

LOL Bill

Think you missed the meaning of the topic Ron. :whistling::sleeping_02:

Well Brian i honestly remember when i joined almost a year a'go and thinking at the time how dose one get comfortableon this site with every one , what would be the proper way of going about it , it's probaly not easy for some people to come right out and starttalking about them selves , my self included so i would have to agree with the idea that some one eles said about having a spot labled on the board for where new people could go and do so ,,, introduce them selves . No pun intended but tell me if i am still missing some thing ?????

so i would have to agree with the idea that some one eles said about having a spot labled on the board for where new people could go and do so

Were not like the other boards. So I guess,we will have to let it be the way it is.

It,s nice to see many have introduced them selves. I even got some new hook ups from this thread. Cant wait for the rivers to heat up. Even going to be hitting some old grounds I fished 30 years ago with them. Looking forward to seeing the changes. :thumbsup_anim:

Guess thats ,what it,s all about.

Hello all my name is Art and I was member #71 on the first generation of this board 4 generations ago. I am from wayyyy down South but have been to your all's Great Nation for many years to fish and see all that you have to offer. I am a Plumber by trade and find fishing for multi species of fish a great hobby. I felt there was more I could give to the board about 3 years ago and became a moderator here. If anyone needs help feel free to contact me or any of the other Moderators and we will be happy to help in anyway we can to keep the family feel alive and growing here.

Art

Hi, I'm Rick from Northwestern Ontario! The fishing is real good here, at least that's what I hear.

I like walks on the beach, and nice margarita and movies like The Notebook.

I'm just here cause I think fisherpeople are admirable folks with pretty pictures.

In the future, can please post what kind of tea you drink? Cause thats really important to me!!! Thanks in advance

lol, I have a sarcastic sense of humor, I love science, have a huge amount of passion for raising my 6 kids, and I'm an ex oil field Safety consultant, now working as a heavy equipment operator. I'm about to turn 33 this sept, and I joined this forum a little over 2 years ago.

April112012walleye032.jpg

Edited by manitoubass2

Hi my real name is Brian. My home is in Fonthill which is south of St. Catharines. I work as a crane operator, but some long time members may remember I also operated a DJ busines for many years. I love fishing the small lakes of northern Ontario near Gogama. I target walleye in open water , love perchin throught the ice. When at home I chase the big walleye Lake Erie has to offer

My first introduction opened a can of worms so I won't ever again use the word "master" in any thread that might suggest a reference to our revered founder!

I'm Michael and having been living on the north shore of Lake St. John just over 2 years now. Spent a couple years in Trenton, prior to that most of my fishing was good old Dalrymple where I spent most of my fishing life. Own & operate a modest fishing related business which takes up about 200% of my time but I still get out once in a while in my non-Chuck Norris approved tinny. Met a few other members from here, in fact 4 of us held a joint meeting last holiday Monday. I lurked the board for years before joining, finally took the plunge a couple years back and no turning back ever since. Have to say that I've learned a lot, laughed a lot, and even cried a lot over the stories, life events and accomplishments I've been privileged to be able to read. I check this board at least twice if not more daily as I fear I might miss something!

Too bad we can't somehow clone the positive aspects from here out into the rest of the world - if we could, gas would be 20 cents a litre, the 400 would move at 120 kph 24/7 including long weekends (which would be every week!) and minnows would be under a buck a dozen!

And I would be rich..... :devil:

Back to reality now!

Michael

Good idea. My name is Brian. I am a certified walleye fishing nut borne from heading to North Country since the mid 70's as a wide eyed 12 year old. NE corner of Georgian Bay has been my hunting grounds, and it has taught me patience and persistance. Have also been to Esnagi Lake/Mar Mac lodge a few times and I go back and forth as to which area is most beautiful and which area I like more. Have never been on a more awesome stretch of scenery from the Soo to Wawa. Oh what the hell I love them both.

I am also addicted to ketchup chips (just can't get the same ones here in the states) and love poutine as well. Most importantly, I love the hospitality and overall kindness of your country. I admire your collective sense of adventure and the joy many of you feel in exploring the nooks and crannies of the vast beauty of your country and live vicariously through all the great trip reports many of you post.

And as a huge fan of Neil Young, Gordon, and Joni Mitchell, sometimes I think I'm "part Canadian."

I'd rather head north than anywhere else.

I'm Bryan from Barrie and I'm just getting into fishing (again) Two weeks ago I bought my grandson a fishing rig and I liked the feel of the equipment so much I bought a rig for myself. It's been years since I fished and so I scoured the web and found this forum. I'm 67 and haven't fished since I was 28 but I do remember the absolute serenity that I had experienced sitting by the water with rod in hand.

My grandson wanted a rod so I dropped by Tromlays Tackle Box in Orillia. I bought Sebastien a Pfleuger Xion with a medium action rod. I left and drove home. The next day we were at a bar-b-q close by Tromblays so I skipped out and stopped in to look at a rig for me. I wound up getting the Pfleuger president XT with a Fenwick eagle light action rod. Not knowing my asp from a hole in the ground I had the spool loaded with 8lb braided (250 meters, oyvey)

I'm a gimp but a fiesty one and I do manage to get around. My main passion is photography and I carry a canon 7D with some pretty heavy lenses. I manage with a battery pack installed. The batterypack gives me a second control location for the shutter and fucus so I can hold the camera in a vertical configuration. I have a badly torn right bicep and rotator. I have arthritus in both hands, elbows and left shoulder. I have had my knees replaced a few times and suffer from chronic pain.

I can get around and cope but it is emabarrassing at times. A boat is out of the question so It'll have to be shore fishing. I figured I get some 0 or #1 mepps spinners and a few small spoons and do some recconaisance.

Two amazing pluses I have found are that as a cripple and an old fart I do get some decent discounts. I get to fish for free and I get into parks a very reduced rate.

For the past month I've spent a fair bit of time with a long lens and a tripod at a few conservation areas resulting in some very exciting shots. I had posted a pic of a duck on the photo forum. Ihave about 500 or so frames to work at but the thrill is being outside and close to nature (again) Now I hope to combine the camara and the fishing rod.

I had stopped at the midhurst MNR office and had a nice chat with a conservation officer and he did give me some locations to scout.

Tomorrow I'm planning on a visit to bass pro to buy some lures. Any suggestions? I figured some Mepps, little Cleo's or other small spoons. I'm not even sure what I'll be fishing for but there are some old standards. Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated:worthy:

The wife retired 2 weeks ago and she's been pretty good about it all. i'm sure she'll accompany me and she can read her book while I fish. I have to get a few smarts before I go out with the grandkid.

Having lived up north when I was younger I do prefer clean, fast water as opposed to stagnant cess pools. I know it's out there but accessing it is another matter.

It's absolutely amazing at how far tackle has come. For the money the equipment feels well balanced and fairly well built. The braided line feels like sewing thread besides mono. I was used to the old bait cast.

I'm glad this thread was started, just what the doctor ordered.

:Gonefishing:

Glad to be here

Bryan

welcome aboard Bryan - great intro. Look forward to some of your posts

spinners for me - meps aglia sized 2 - 5 in red's chartreuse and red / silver combo; black fury in a few patterns and rooster tails - red & silver and yellow.

Hi , my name is Dave and I have been around this great discussion board for 12 years now . I live in a small town called Mansfield just NW of Alliston and love the small town/country livin !

I have been fishing all my life and growing up beside a small brook trout stream in Caledon was where it started. I use to travel to some real backwoods places when I was young with my friends and there dads with 4X4's and that is were my passion for backwoods adventures started. As well my uncle would take me to a great bass lake annually called Lingham Lake for some real adventures. Myself and a couple friends continued this tradition untill a couple years ago when the lake just became too crowded and messy for that true backwoods feel ( sad really )

I now enjoy finding that backwoods honey hole and getting there either in my trusty toyota 4X4 , quad or just portaging in .

I don't get out much in the winter to ice fish but spend the winter time working and saving for my many soft water trips of the summer/fall

I also enjoy reading this board everyday and I have had alot of laughs doing so :clapping: as well as learning alot of things along the way !

Thanks to everyone

Cheers

Good idea. My name is Brian. I am a certified walleye fishing nut borne from heading to North Country since the mid 70's as a wide eyed 12 year old. NE corner of Georgian Bay has been my hunting grounds, and it has taught me patience and persistance. Have also been to Esnagi Lake/Mar Mac lodge a few times and I go back and forth as to which area is most beautiful and which area I like more. Have never been on a more awesome stretch of scenery from the Soo to Wawa. Oh what the hell I love them both.

I am also addicted to ketchup chips (just can't get the same ones here in the states) and love poutine as well. Most importantly, I love the hospitality and overall kindness of your country. I admire your collective sense of adventure and the joy many of you feel in exploring the nooks and crannies of the vast beauty of your country and live vicariously through all the great trip reports many of you post.

And as a huge fan of Neil Young, Gordon, and Joni Mitchell, sometimes I think I'm "part Canadian."

I'd rather head north than anywhere else.

You're an honorary Candian in my books.

Too bad that off duty officer from Kalamazoo Michigan wasn't more familiar with Canadian hospitality.

I would post link to the story but can't cut and paste on an iPad.......don't know how actually.

This is going great everyone.

Dave,you live in a great deer population.Are you a hunter as well?

When I lived in Brampton,I fished alot of small creeks in the Caledon area. My mrs,s is from Caledon east.

Hi , my name is Dave and I have been around this great discussion board for 12 years now . I live in a small town called Mansfield just NW of Alliston and love the small town/country livin !

I have been fishing all my life and growing up beside a small brook trout stream in Caledon was where it started. I use to travel to some real backwoods places when I was young with my friends and there dads with 4X4's and that is were my passion for backwoods adventures started. As well my uncle would take me to a great bass lake annually called Lingham Lake for some real adventures. Myself and a couple friends continued this tradition untill a couple years ago when the lake just became too crowded and messy for that true backwoods feel ( sad really )

I now enjoy finding that backwoods honey hole and getting there either in my trusty toyota 4X4 , quad or just portaging in .

I don't get out much in the winter to ice fish but spend the winter time working and saving for my many soft water trips of the summer/fall

I also enjoy reading this board everyday and I have had alot of laughs doing so :clapping: as well as learning alot of things along the way !

Thanks to everyone

Cheers

Hey guys, my name is Andrew, im 16, and im an avid musky fisherman and whitewater canoeist. I live on the grand river near marsville and have a cottage in pointe au baril on Georgian Bay where I do 98% of my fishing. I started musky fishing when I was 12 and caught my PB 52 by 25 when I was 14.

photo-12.jpg

During musky season that is all I target but in may and June I fish pike and walleye. Oh, and there will be a brand new ranger 621 at my dock in a couple weeks:)

When I finish high school I want to go to college for fish and wildlife or outdoor adventure.

Good for you Andrew!quite a achievement for a young man of your age. Good luck with the fish and wildlife career:good:

Seems we have many new members joing up,which is very cool. :good: But,no intro. This is/well was/no is,and will be,a community.A family community. All I ask,heck the family asks,if you want to join up,share your passion,past and present.Just a wee bit about yourself.

Thats all we ask.

Welcome to the family. :clapping:

Hi, I'm Brad, and I'm an avid fisherman. Although I have no idea what I'm doing! I'd love to focus on Bass, Muskie, Pike. I don't even know what kind of fish is in this pic!

IMG297.jpg

Edited by BradMc76

Hi, I'm Brad, and I'm an avid fisherman. Although I have no idea what I'm doing! I'd love to focus on Bass, Muskie, Pike. I don't even know what kind of fish is in this pic!

IMG297.jpg

Well that makes two of us Brad but i can tell you it is a fish ..... lol Welcome aboard .

my name is Mike.....and i am a Fly fishing addict . i live in Milton ( just moved her from the East end ). you can find my on most sunday morning stalking fish along a quiet river bank . Steelhead is in my " DNA" as I'm a full blown steelhead junkie. if im not chasing Chrome around im looking for resident Browns. I just love being outside and being in the outdoors with nature.

if anyone ever needs help and is new into fly fishing....feel free to reach out to me and hopefully i can point you in the right direction.

223185_10150590682640294_2085449_n1.jpg

IMG297.jpg

Hi Brad. It's a bass.

Check your PM in a min.

Hi, my name is Josh and I currently live in Toronto. I spend most of my free time fishing. My calendar year starts with finding open water for steelhead and lake O browns. Then pike open, then walleye, then musky which takes me through the summer with a few days of bassin mixed in, than the salmon start to show up at the piers then the steelhead are running again. Fall finds me fishing weekends or days off looking for muskies and afternoons or mornings close to the GTA for steelhead. That's until I get the downrigging for Lake O salmon itch which I've been thinking about for sometime now. One of my favourite feats is learning a new body of water. We have so many great angling opportunities here in Ontario. I'm 29 years old and all I can think about is retiring so I can fish everyday LOL. I think I have a problem, glad I'm in good company here.

my name is Mike.....and i am a Fly fishing addict . i live in Milton ( just moved her from the East end ). you can find my on most sunday morning stalking fish along a quiet river bank . Steelhead is in my " DNA" as I'm a full blown steelhead junkie. if im not chasing Chrome around im looking for resident Browns. I just love being outside and being in the outdoors with nature.

if anyone ever needs help and is new into fly fishing....feel free to reach out to me and hopefully i can point you in the right direction.

Nice fish Mike. Look forward to picking your brain soon,once the fall steel start. I want to get one on a fly rod.

I guess since I have been away for a while it wouldn't hurt to re-introduce myself. I am Maureen and have been a member here since I think the first generation board...maybe the second, all I know is it's been a while. I started out here because of my step-father known here as Beans, he's also the one who introduced me to fishing. I am hoping to get back to fishing more in the future, as well as contributing here a bit more as well. I work in Toronto, but live just outside of Penetang, so I spend a fair amount of time commuting. I do have a boat, but the motor is done, so until that is replaced I either rent or try to hook up with someone...hooking up with someone is more challenging as I work weekends generally and have weekdays off.

I keep thinking of trying shore fishing but it's not something I've done, and know very little about where to go, although I'm told there are lots of places near me that are good...if you want to share with me, feel free to PM me, or better yet, invite me to join you and show me the ropes :)

One thing I am doing is getting my best friends boys into fishing...this has been fairly easy :) next will hopefully be a couple of great nephews and a great niece :)

That's all for now

Maureen