black flys and mosquitos May 24 around restoule?

Bing

The last three years, I've been in Temagami for May opener, and they always seem to be just starting out, noticeable on the warmest days, but haven't been an issue. However, when I get back to Muskoka at the end of each trip to drop off the boat, they seem to be in full swing and feeding heavily. The bug spray will be very accessible when we go in this year....

Edited by johnnyb

oh ya, it will be ignorant. I have stopped making any May 24 plans that involve going north if my wife is involved. If its a boys week-end thing, put on the bug helmets and go for it! If the wimmin are coming and want to go for "long romantic walks in the woods" you are toast

who even knows anymore with the flux in temperatures so far this year... prepare for the worst n' hope for the best

I couldn't agree more with this quote ! I can tell you that every May long weekend I go on a annual backwoods trip into central Ontario

and the blackflies are bad but the mosquitos are non existent.

This year is definitly different with the warm March and cool/cold and dry April . I was just up in the Loring area this past weekend and

there wasn't a blackfly anywhere and in past years they were out buzzing around . It has been a cold , dry spring in that area ( trees haven't even budded out yet and lakes are low and cold ) so I think the bugs won't be as bad as in previous years but if it is warm and wet for the next couple

weeks all bets are off and my theory will be wrong !

Here's hoping for a cool couple weeks :thumbsup_anim:

The last three years, I've been in Temagami for May opener, and they always seem to be just starting out, noticeable on the warmest days, but haven't been an issue. However, when I get back to Muskoka at the end of each trip to drop off the boat, they seem to be in full swing and feeding heavily. The bug spray will be very accessible when we go in this year....

They always come out the Friday of the May 24... as they know that new blood is coming to the Provincal Park on opening day!!