Jumbo's! (pic's)

Court R

i guess i'm the only one that doesn't like seeing females sitting on a counter top that are so full of eggs they're about to explode. the catching was obviously good, why not release the big spawners and stick to keeping eaters? there's a reason jumbo's are getting harder and harder to find...

that said, nice haul :thumbsup_anim:

i guess i'm the only one that doesn't like seeing females sitting on a counter top that are so full of eggs they're about to explode. the catching was obviously good, why not release the big spawners and stick to keeping eaters? there's a reason jumbo's are getting harder and harder to find...

Can't argue with that

Well not really ch312. I would sooner fillet a bunch of well fed males(although you got to deal with the goop from them) That said,nice haul and big fish guys.

Thems are what my dad used to refer to as "sowbellies" nice haul. If they came from where I assume they are pretty much unreleaseable, what the pics don't show would be the swim bladders in their mouths. Also ,I fished Erie from the late 50's till now, 60's it was in decline, 70's it was dead, rebirth in the 80's, pretty much the fishing has never been better than now in my lifetime on Erie, don't sweat the sport angler keeping a few fish on Erie, the gill netters don't practice catch and release either.