It's time for everyone's support

Ron

The Town of Cobourg is conducting an online Community Survey to gather input for the development of the Parks Master Plan. The following is a link to the Parks Master Plan Community Survey:

http://app.fluidsurveys.com/s/Cobourg-ParksMasterPlanSurvey/

The survey should take about 5 to 10 minutes to complete and must be completed by April 25, 2012. All are welcome to complete the survey, so if you know others who would like to participate in the Parks Master Plan, please feel free to pass along the link. The first thing you will notice, they did not put fishing on the list of activities you do in parks, rather disappointed in this myself.However there is room to include fishing in the "other" box.

Remember, this is what I have been fighting for, to ensure kids are able to fish with in the Cobourg harbour. Very few kids are fortunate enough to have parents that have a cottage, own boats or are able to drive their kids to Rice Lake in order for them to fish. This is one opportunity they are trying to take away from our future anglers in generations to come. The Cobourg Harbour is a great destination for not only kids but for all anglers to come and enjoy fishing. It is an under utilized area for some great Carp, Pike, Walleye, Rainbow trout, Lake trout, Perch, and both Bass species just to name a few.

Please, please, please take the time to fill out the survey and make it clear to the Town of Cobourg that fishing is of great value to the community, more so to get kids involved in fishing and what the outdoors has to offer. Taking away fishing opportunities is just one more reason for kids to get into mischief. I would understand if fishing was dangerous.

For more information regarding the planning process, please visit the Town website at:

http://cobourg.ca/parks-master-plan.html

Thank you for your help in preparing a plan for the future of Parks in Cobourg!

Cheers, Ron...

The first thing you will notice, they did not put fishing on the list of activities you do in parks, rather disappointed in this myself.However there is room to include fishing in the "other" box.

They include Nature Hiking and Nature Observation/Bird Watching but leave out fishing?

I made sure they know about my disappointment. If you feel the same please make sure you note it as well.

Thanks for everyone's support. At the Town meeting even Dave Chong's episode was brought forward. I spoke briefly with Dave and he was in the same boat as myself. Fortunately the outcome was fast worked well in Toronto anglers favour. We can only hope that the same outcome applies here in Cobourg.

Cheers, Ron...

Thanks for pinning this to the top of the page boys but I think it will draw more attention if we just bump it up daily until April 25.

Very much appreciated.

Cheers, Ron...

Edited by Ron

Thanks for pinning this to the top of the page boys but I think it will draw more attention if we just bump it up daily until April 25.

Very much appreciated.

Cheers, Ron...

I have to agree. Its been here for 3 days, and I just noticed this now. Done, thanks for posting it, Ron!

S.

Very much appreciated.

Cheers, Ron...

Can do that too Ron.

Have at 'er.