NHL trade deadline/ TML

muskymatt

From the trade blog I'm following:

11:50 AM: Burke also said it’s unlikely he’ll extend Grabovksi and that he had an offer for Reimer that he turned down. (Sorry for the delay, been having software issues here sometimes today. Grrrr.). Cam Cole of Vancouver Sun tweets: “Still gobsmacked that there was (a) an offer for James Reimer and (B) one so crappy that Brian Burke would turn it down flat. Flat!

WOW...even I'm shocked, Burke actually turned down an offer for Reimer??

Worse record than Ferguson and he's not trading!!!!!!

And he thinks this will go over well with the fans?????

Got me thinking maybe Burke has lost his marbles

Sens get a goalie and look good down the stretch, can't say the same for the laffs, too bad for a Canadian team!!

I think Reimer needs to sort himself out after that concussion, I wouldn't throw him on the chopping block just yet. Enough of the knee jerk reaction trades because the guys has had a bad few weeks (Even if this is the wrong time to be in a slump)..

I think Reimer needs to sort himself out after that concussion, I wouldn't throw him on the chopping block just yet. Enough of the knee jerk reaction trades because the guys has had a bad few weeks (Even if this is the wrong time to be in a slump)..

Not only that the fact that Burke still has faith in him and turned down trading him should perk Reimer up. Hopefully it will nudge him back in the right direction, it will be one less thing to worry about anyway.

Belive it or not , but I just found out Dion Phaneuf is a smoker....This suprises me.Who would have thunk it.... :wallbash:

wasnt Mario Lemieux a smoker as well? seriously, i remember hearing that somewhere a few years back.

BTW, the best trade deadline day ever! I hope James duthie keeps be.ating a dead horse on tv. Proves that the air time for TSN's show is ridiculous and should be shortened from 12-6, rather than 8-6.

Not only that the fact that Burke still has faith in him and turned down trading him should perk Reimer up. Hopefully it will nudge him back in the right direction, it will be one less thing to worry about anyway.

Agreed, no reason why we shouldn't expect him to play like he did before his injury.

I am a bit miffed that burke decided not to make a few deals. Its pretty clear to everyone that without giving up much we can plug a few holes.

I dont think Burke decided NOT to make said trades its that he either cant or the price is alot higher than he is willing to pay,in other words ridiculous.Dont read too much into what he or any other GM says at this time of year.

Edited by Chance

Rangers is my guess!

I dont' understand how the rangers can be so stacked with players and still have room for Nash, while the leafs have a couple high priced players, but mostly mid-range nobodys and they don't/can't get an elite player on their lineup. Are they afraid to spend money???

I dont' understand how the rangers can be so stacked with players and still have room for Nash, while the leafs have a couple high priced players, but mostly mid-range nobodys and they don't/can't get an elite player on their lineup. Are they afraid to spend money???

I'd love to see the inner workings of a GM's brain as much as you :) I don't get it sometimes either!