NHL trade deadline/ TML

muskymatt

Definitely playoff experience, even a bad one, can be beneficial. I'm just not interested in giving up futures for squeaking in at this stage.

Bahahahahahahahaha....what futures? Like the ones from the past 5-6 yrs? All the ones Burke traded away?

A bad playoff experience? Bahahahaha

That's all the laffs have had!

Are you serious?

Burke had nothing on the table, that's why no decent trades happened. Other teams want to improve for a playoff run, I can't name more than 2 players that would be mildly attractive to other teams.

Exactly what futures are you talking about. Weren't they all traded away for Kessell?

All Burke did was seal the fate of the season for the laffs, another missed opportunity.

Enjoy the golf high lites again boys!!!

lololololol

I'm with you on this..Leafers relax were only 3 points out! That's nothing. Burke thinks they can do it and so do I! Now that the boys can relax and forget the trades they can get back to their game! Burke knows what he is doing..I just think a couple of Sens fans are doing a good job at getting us down..I cant wait till its our turn.Again.

I gotta give you guys credit for hanging in there!

Seriously, if I was still a laff fan I would be livid if my team showed 0 commitment to improvement!

But you guys stick with them and all their sucking, bad and worse, you still support them!

Good on ya!

I'd like to know what the Sens fans think Toronto should have done? Gone crazy and made a whole bunch of trades because they've had a bad couple of weeks? LOL!!! It sounds like some of you guys don't know much about hockey at all with some of the comments in this thread. OMG WE ARE LOSING LETS TRADE EVERYONE!!!! Use your heads!

I'd like to know what the Sens fans think Toronto should have done? Gone crazy and made a whole bunch of trades because they've had a bad couple of weeks? LOL!!! It sounds like some of you guys don't know much about hockey at all with some of the comments in this thread. OMG WE ARE LOSING LETS TRADE EVERYONE!!!! Use your heads!

Well, since you ask!

I don't have the answers, neither do any of you, and the brilliant guy(burke) they hired to fix it! He doesn't have the answer either. So I guess the best thing is to just carry on like they have been.

Accept sub standard efforts year after year, what ever floats your boat.

I know the fans can do zip about it except hope it gets better, so the whole responsibility falls on management, and what a good job they are doing for you!

And if they did blow up the team!

What about that would be worse than what you have now?

Well, since you ask!

I don't have the answers, neither do any of you, and the brilliant guy(burke) they hired to fix it! He doesn't have the answer either. So I guess the best thing is to just carry on like they have been.

I know the fans can do zip about it except hope it gets better, so the whole responsibility falls on management, and what a good job they are doing for you!

Are you a part-time stock basher? Haha

Leafs are better off the way they are... There were no sales today.

Well, since you ask!

Did you just ignore the entire season the Leafs have had and only focused on the past 3 weeks? I guess I don't expect much from a Sens fan, I'd be pissed to if my team made the playoffs and choked.......every............single...........time.

Edited by BillM

Stanley cup finals loss is anything but a choke. But as a laff fan, you wouldn't remember that...bahahaha

I could see this collapse coming, heck they predicted the Sens to finish LAST in the league. And the Laffs weren't predicted to do much better. So it appears that both teams were punching above their weight class this year. That said, the sens (PRAISE ALFIE) are proving their critics wrong and now just made their team better. AND, you can't say that for the laffs, and that's too bad for the fans.

As a Sens fan(PRAISE ALFIE) I'm pretty happy with the season, so far, but it ain't over yet!

Stanley cup finals loss is anything but a choke. But as a laff fan, you wouldn't remember that...bahahaha

I could see this collapse coming, heck they predicted the Sens to finish LAST in the league. And the Laffs weren't predicted to do much better. So it appears that both teams were punching above their weight class this year. That said, the sens (PRAISE ALFIE) are proving their critics wrong and now just made their team better. AND, you can't say that for the laffs, and that's too bad for the fans.

As a Sens fan(PRAISE ALFIE) I'm pretty happy with the season, so far, but it ain't over yet!

A 4-1 series loss to Anahiem isn't choking? :)

I don't listen to predictions much to be honest, I'm happy the Leafs are playing better as a whole this year then they have in the past few. I really don't care if they don't make the playoffs, I'll be happy if they keep getting better and better. You gotta remember, being a Leafs fan isn't about instant gratification! LOL!!!

If your Sens make the playoffs, I'll gladly cheer for them! The cup back in Canada is fine by me, even if it's not in Toronto.

Are you serious?

Burke had nothing on the table, that's why no decent trades happened. Other teams want to improve for a playoff run, I can't name more than 2 players that would be mildly attractive to other teams.

Exactly what futures are you talking about. Weren't they all traded away for Kessell?

This illustrates how much you like to bash the leafs but have no idea what youre talking about.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

ask a sens fan and he shall receive.

burke wasn't capable of making any moves yesterday, not that he stood pat as he insinuates.

first off, in order to make a big splash burke would have to part with a combination of an nhl ready player, a pick, and a prospect. since the cupboards are already bare (burke's own fault) he had no bargaining leverage and no buying power for any kind of big name.

the other reason no move was made is that burke's not willing to involve himself with lengthy contracts. this is fine and dandy, but take a look at the contracts of the stars in the league and they all have long term, 6-7 mill a year contracts... you gotta pay for the goods, and burke isn't willing.

to really know what this sens fan would have done different, you'd have to go back a few seasons to when burke blew the team up... personally, i would have rebuilt around a solid core of young players, and never sold the farm for a one dimensional "star" who doesn't back check and is scared to be body checked.

perhaps the leafs would have challenged the oilers for last place for a season or two, but in a year or two from now they would be challenging the oilers for first place.

instead, burke brought in a slew of over-rated d-men like francois beauchemin, mike komisarek, dion phaneuf, and stocked your forward lines with 2nd and 3rd line calibre players on your top line, and your record shows it. he also brought in an amazingly over-rated coach who couldn't get past the first or second round of the playoffs with one of the most stacked squads in the league (san jose).

enjoy mediocrity. burke's built a team around it.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

With 20 games left, considering the leafs have what 1 win in the last 8 games or something and they are only 3 points out with 3 games in hand on the team in 8th? I am fairly happy considering I had no expectations of making, and I was going to be happy with seeing everyone develop this year and challenge for a spot. The position they are in is exactly what my amitions were for the team this year.

....and stocked your forward lines with 2nd and 3rd line calibre players on your top line, and your record shows it.

The record shows that we have 2 top 10 players in the league with points, 3rd in the league with goals scored.

You Sens fans sure love opinions instead of facts.

Edited by BillM

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

oh wait, kessel is only +3 and doesn't work the penalty kill to bring his stats down... hmmmm... so at even strength or on PP he manages to let as many goals go in his own net as his line puts in the other... now before you say Jason Spezza is only a +7, realize that jason spezza is on our top penalty killing line.

stats can be used to prove any argument. the only stat that matters is wins. if your team is so loaded with talent and potential, why are you 10th in the east? ..... AFTER 3 SEASONS!

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

oh wait, kessel is only +3 and doesn't work the penalty kill to bring his stats down... hmmmm... stats can be used to prove any argument. the only stat that matters is wins. if your team is so loaded with talent and potential, why are you 10th in the east? ..... AFTER 3 SEASONS!

Why are the Sens 7th with all that talent ?

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Why are the Sens 7th with all that talent ?

in the playoffs in the first year of a rebuild. we're happy. quit being jealous.

factor in that we have mika zibanejad, mark stone, shane prince, and matt puempel, robin lehner etc. in the pipes and it's not hard to be excited as a sens fan.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Wow is right, it's funny when you Senorita fans ignore simple things like facts and just rant and rave all day. Keep at it!

here's a fact. we're in the playoffs right now, you're not. good luck ignoring that fact.

oh wait, kessel is only +3 and doesn't work the penalty kill to bring his stats down... hmmmm... so at even strength or on PP he manages to let as many goals go in his own net as his line puts in the other... now before you say Jason Spezza is only a +7, realize that jason spezza is on our top penalty killing line.

stats can be used to prove any argument. the only stat that matters is wins. if your team is so loaded with talent and potential, why are you 10th in the east? ..... AFTER 3 SEASONS!

PK and PP do not count towards +\-

So in this case, stats were used to tie your argument :thumbsup_anim:

Saying Kessel and Lupul aren't top line players is a horrible argument that you cannot win.