Great customer service

lew

My wife and I go out for dinner every Friday night and try to hit a different place every week. Last night we decided on Montanas down in Peterboro as we've been there before and the place is really nice with good food.

Last night I ordered the BBQ chicken and my wife ordered a steak.

About 10 minutes after placing the order, the manager came over to me and said there'd been some sorta mix-up in the kitchen and the chickens wouldn't be ready for quite awhile. He was really apologetic and seemed genuinely sorry for what happened and would I like to order something else. I'm a pretty easy going guy and understand that things happen sometimes and told him not to worry about and just bring me a steak instead.

The food arrived shortly afterwards and was a good as I'd remembered.

After we finished supper they brought the bill and when I looked at it I saw where they hadn't charged me for my steak. I asked the waitress why and she said they were very sorry I couldn't have the chicken I wanted and my steak was on the house.

That's great customer service in my books. :thumbsup_anim:

In the end the restaurant would have broke about even as far as dollars go...

The profit from your wife's plate would cover the cost of yours to the restaurant...

Not many managers/supervisors understand this...

He did a great thing for the chain of Montana's and it didn't cost a thing...

Glad you had a nice date Lew

I agree its as important to mention the good/great service along with the bad.

I can only imagine the fear that fella felt approaching Lew to tell him there was no BBQ CHicken...We all know you're a nice guy and real easy going...I don't know if you know this Lew...But you're pretty intimadating looking! :angry:

We haven't been there yet but we have a gift certificate, I know where we will be using it! You know Lew, might be nice to send the manager an email with the link to this thread. I'll bet he'd be really happy to know that his actions have resulted in so many positive posts!

Drifter ordered steak! And got free chicken!

Actually I ordered chicken and ribs.

My ribs were about 1/3 gristle so I left them.

The waitress asked me what was wrong at the end of the meal.

She asked if I wanted another order and I said no thankyou.

She went and had a word with the manager.

End result was free dinner. :D

That is great customer service Lew. I like Montanas, they have great food.

I went there one time and the waiter spilled someones pop on my jacket that was on the chair. There was really no damage done and we wiped it off, but I got a free ticket for dry cleaning when we got the bill :thumbsup_anim: