TV Fishing Show Survey

craigdritchie

Ontario shows yes. The shows reflect the type of fishing done in the area. I used to really like Sporting Fishing on the Fly when I lived in Alberta. I think that was the name of the show. They often had Brian Chan on explaining rainbow biology. Great stuff. Really miss that fishing. Enjoy Adventures North for the dreaming.

Check out this vintage Lee Wulff vid amazing outdoorsman Wings for an Angler

I did my survey Craig, and I know this has no relevance, but I really like to catch Kim Stricker's Hook N Look. I know, I know, it is American, but I learn the most from his underwater filming!

I used to Love Bob Izumi's show in the early days, but it is just one big infomercial today (as are most of the others in your list).

Ontario shows yes. The shows reflect the type of fishing done in the area. I used to really like Sporting Fishing on the Fly when I lived in Alberta. I think that was the name of the show. They often had Brian Chan on explaining rainbow biology. Great stuff. Really miss that fishing. Enjoy Adventures North for the dreaming.

Yep ,you remember correctly.

It's one of my favorite shows and is extremely informative.

Another good Western one is Sport Fishing BC with Mark Pendlington.

Thank you... Great film

I did my survey Craig, and I know this has no relevance, but I really like to catch Kim Stricker's Hook N Look. I know, I know, it is American, but I learn the most from his underwater filming!

I used to Love Bob Izumi's show in the early days, but it is just one big infomercial today (as are most of the others in your list).

Rattletrap - there are a whole bunch of other good shows I didn't list (Kim's included). As I've mentioned, those ones are there for a specific reason.

Sharkbait22 - the Lee Wulff video is awesome, thanks for that.

FishingBill - I hear you, but the idea with this is to force you to pick one of the options. I did take the test too, and there were some instances where I would have liked an opt-out answer too.

For what it's worth, I've created this little survey on behalf of someone else who is trying to gain some insight into Canadian fishing shows, primarily serving the Ontario market. I didn't come up with the questions, I just built the survey and am trying to get as many people as possible to complete it.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to do so. If you haven't yet done so, please do. And, please pass the URL along to other anglers you now.

Cheers

As someone who has watched fishing shows right from early childhood to now (more than 30 years, heck I remember Craig fishin' with Bob many moons ago) I look at the shows through much different eyes now.

I am more likely to be looking for a little bit of entertainment and escapism much like here. Less interested in "new" stuff now because by the time the shows air the net has already provided me with most of the information I need to make a decision on yay or nay. This information often starts with the companies web site but always finishes with independent testing sites and forums.

That makes two of us Rob. Sometimes, on a winter day, I just like to kick back and watch some fishing.

As far as Craig on Bob's show, I still chuckle to myself when I think of the episode on the Ganny where Craig finally landed a bow out of a certain hole...after sliding down the bank, and soaking the heck out of himself, lol!! Sorry, Craig :lol:

Craig, done my friend, having worked on shows too I wonder if you had an easy time answering as I did on some of those questions.

I am not assuming a new show is on the horizon, but tough to imagine someone coming out with a new show nowadays. I would think the internet/web based would be where to look for the future moving forward and a solid (ground level)investment for potential "sponsors".

For example the Surely episodes, I really enjoy them and believe they are on to something.

Edited by Harrison

That makes two of us Rob. Sometimes, on a winter day, I just like to kick back and watch some fishing.

As far as Craig on Bob's show, I still chuckle to myself when I think of the episode on the Ganny where Craig finally landed a bow out of a certain hole...after sliding down the bank, and soaking the heck out of himself, lol!! Sorry, Craig :lol:

There is a difference between famous and infamous. :w00t:

For what it's worth, I've created this little survey on behalf of someone else who is trying to gain some insight into Canadian fishing shows, primarily serving the Ontario market. I didn't come up with the questions, I just built the survey and am trying to get as many people as possible to complete it.

Cheers

Although your client may want to live the dream with a fishing show I personally think we have enough serving the Ontario market. And for some of them, I think too many. But if he or she can get enough support (read sponsor money) to move forward then have at 'er and good luck.

Although your client may want to live the dream with a fishing show I personally think we have enough serving the Ontario market. And for some of them, I think too many. But if he or she can get enough support (read sponsor money) to move forward then have at 'er and good luck.

I never considered that this was someone looking to start another fishing show.

Terrific. I spend 25 years writing for fishing magazines across North America, I write a fishing book, I win a bunch of awards for my work, I set two IGFA line class records, I appear on several nationally-syndicated fishing programs .... and I'm remembered as the guy who took a header off the bank and nearly drowned a $6,000 wireless microphone.

LMAO!!!!!!

Yes, the fame and glory of life as an outdoor writer! Or is it "outhouse writer?" I can never really tell.