A sad anniversary

lew

My kids are 22 and 25 and still fumbling around with who they are and what they will become. Hell I could say the same for myself on a lot of days. But your son recognized his passion early and made it a reality. I have a ton of respect and admiration for such individuals.

I can feel your pride come through in every word and picture. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us in your beautiful tribute.

I too remember when Lew and Gerritt both lost their son's.

Although the anniversary of what happened brings sad memories, I am sure the happiness of remembering the good times with them gives you great joy.

Tom

AKA: Spider2blue.

Sadly I remember that day well also. I'm glad you posted some of the work he did, some fascinating jobs Jim was involved in. My question is, where in the world did he get the smile! That picture of Jim and Kirk in China is a great one, but we never see a smile like that from dad, must've inherited that one from mom.

Lew your pride of your son shines through from your font and pictures....my deepest condolences on this tragic anniversary...there isnt a day that goes by that i wish my son would choose a different profession but the discription you portrayed of Jim is identical to mine (now 25)...so i can relate on what were probably your biggest fears at the time...im truely sorry that they came to fruition...but like my son...they do what they love and lived to do.... and that is not a sad thing....sadness would have come from caging these free spirit men from being who they are in life...

Much respect to you and your wife on this day from a father who fears to a family that knows the only feeling a human isnt designed to feel

Gerrit - my condolences to you and yours aswell

Dave

Wow, sorry to hear about your loss. You have a lot to be proud of. The things he helped build will still be standing long after we're gone and will be enjoyed by countless people. I can't imagine the courage it takes to do that kind of work every day, either. You certainly would never catch me up that high.

Lew ,if, when, you can get past the time of hurt and can talk about yer lost ones, that make it so much easier.Not for some,but it can. I well still am at peace right now.

I too remember the day you posted, along with G. :angel:

My question is, where in the world did he get the smile!

It,s comments like this that make you say,,,,,,,,LMAO. Im sure it made you laugh aswell.

God bless.

Lew, I'll never forget that day. I was brand new to the board at the time ... man I can't believe its been seven years already - and so much more water under the bridge.

Great job on the tribute, I'm sure you think of him every single day. Gone but never forgotten.

Be well my friend.