Ice shack is out!

limeyangler

Hi all,

My 2 good buddies came round today and helped me get my ice shack out to he ice road, straight off the lawn and a mile or so away on the ice road.

I decided to put it on the ice road as the fishing on our lake in the winter (around where we live anyway) can be very slow. I figured if i aint catching too many fish....might as well be social and meet some more folk.

First job was unsticking the runners from the lawn....4 wheeler first....nope,........truck next......nope,......jacked it up on one side and it popped off the grass and back to the 4 wheeler with the truck following behind to stop the whole thing sliding down the hill on top of poor Tyler.

The ice is as slick as newly Zambonied ice (is 'Zambonied' a word even?) so we had to push until momentum built up a couple of times until Tyler just gave the throttle heck all the way!

We ....well....Carmon and Tyler even did me the favour of getting the Shack Christened with walleye slime and i got a supper.

My wife and son visited on the way back from town...but it was a bit dark and cold to hang out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gr6abLw0xyw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

</iframe>

IMG_5487.jpg

IMG_5492.jpg

You're out having all this fun and I'm a couple of miles away working 12 hour days, huh Simon? Anyways, have fun this winter Bud. When I get a day when I'm not so burnt out after work, we'll get together for a chin wag.

You're out having all this fun and I'm a couple of miles away working 12 hour days, huh Simon? Anyways, have fun this winter Bud. When I get a day when I'm not so burnt out after work, we'll get together for a chin wag.

LOL...drop in to the shack...then i'll cook you a walleye supper!

Thanks again for the replies folks.

Its actually really nice having the shack on the ice road....has already become a focal point for a couple of my buddies. Jack is still a bit unsure of it, but he seemed a bit more relaxed in it last night when we visited a buddy who called to say he was down there chillin' after work.

Still some stuff to do. Got the metal sheeting and some copper pipe to do the 'spacers', trying to figure out how to re-arrange the interior to accomodate one more hole for fishing.....its really a 2 man set up.

All in all fun times for sure...i had never even heard of an iceshack let alone an 'Iceroad 5 years ago!

Truck quality ice??... and I'm planning on trolling for 'skis come Friday !

Good luck Wayne...report please.

Just past half way is best Simon----not too close to Parker Point though

in case you move it :whistling:

Saugers will keep ya busy an hour before dark there for sure

few gators as well

I know exactly where you mean, in fact i caught my first ever Pike right there...its actually just off to the right of my Uncles house. But we set up where we are for 'social' reasons,,,,a few people i know in our little circle of wagons.

I am so jealous. Have a great season.

Ahhh...Grimace...you'll be out soon enough.

Simon

Good for you, Enjoy

Here in the Banana Belt there is Zero ice on Simcoe!!

Rick

LOL...@ banana belt.

That's awesome man! Lookin' forward to some reports from the SHACK

Oh, and zambonied is totally a word...zamboni-ing is the present tensebiggrin.gif

Should have an awesome report from the shack on 'Family Day' this year....the whole of the town decends onto the ice road....should be great having a semi permanent residence there!

I like the word 'Zambonied' too :thumbsup_anim:

very nice ...

whats the ice thickness up there ?

10- 12" and forming quick....no snow so far this year! Better get some soon...i'm a bit worried about my septic field!

YOUR SO LUCKY...I'M COMING OUT OF MY SKIN RIGHT NOW...IT LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE A LATE SEASON FOR GB AND SIMCO...BLODDY HELL

Hang in there CB...hang in there...i feel your pain....i know what its like waiting for the ice too.

Simon, have you been told lately? :whistling: j/k good for you and I hope the season is a good one.

No Geoff i haven't...come on...talk dirty to me...LOLOLOLOL

Jealousy. I tried to go softwater fishing yesterday night, only to find everything iced over...But with our weather coming up for the rest of the week, I don't think I'll be on the ice for a long while.

LOL...ive done that too...bittersweet...no fishing for a while...but ice season very close!

How far north are you?

I'm in Dryden Freshtrax

Great stuff, Simon! Enjoy!!!!!

Will do Frankaroonie!