Grammer police!

Headhunter

I can't sing, I can't dance, I can't play a musical instrument and I can't spell. The music side of it is simple, I have no sense or rythum and can't tell the differance between a C sharp and a D flat. God just didn't give my those abilities.

As for the spelling, well it just isn't logical. Words that sound the same but are spelled differently. Words that are spelled the same but mean different things depending on the context they are used in. Too many rules with too many exceptions and I have a problem with things that aren't logical.

Give me a motor that isn't running right, something that needs to be built or fixed, anything that requires a mechanical aptitude or logical reasioning and I have no problem working that out. Algebra, trigonometry, geometry, were all a breeze for me in college as were physics and science.

I also type at about 12 words a minute, so very often when replying to a post on here I spend a lot of time composing my responses. I suppose I could cut and paste and do the spell check thing, but for the most part I think people can understand what I am trying to get across even if there are a few grammer or spelling mistakes.

I do have a solution though, if my spelling, punctuation, or grammer are that much of a problem just don't bother reading my posts! :whistling:

I can't sing, I can't dance, I can't play a musical instrument and I can't spell. The music side of it is simple, I have no sense or rythum and can't tell the differance between a C sharp and a D flat. God just didn't give my those abilities.

As for the spelling, well it just isn't logical. Words that sound the same but are spelled differently. Words that are spelled the same but mean different things depending on the context they are used in. Too many rules with too many exceptions and I have a problem with things that aren't logical.

Give me a motor that isn't running right, something that needs to be built or fixed, anything that requires a mechanical aptitude or logical reasioning and I have no problem working that out. Algebra, trigonometry, geometry, were all a breeze for me in college as were physics and science.

I also type at about 12 words a minute, so very often when replying to a post on here I spend a lot of time composing my responses. I suppose I could cut and paste and do the spell check thing, but for the most part I think people can understand what I am trying to get across even if there are a few grammer or spelling mistakes.

I do have a solution though, if my spelling, punctuation, or grammer are that much of a problem just don't bother reading my posts! :whistling:

well said

and I will not check it for grammar or spelling..LOL

There is a hundred reasons why someone makes errors while conversing with others.

English is the hardest language to learn, for reasons that Big Cliff pointed out.

Maybe the have medical reasons as well. Like ADHD, bipolar,illiterate ect.

They may also be under educated.

The world in not perfect and that's what makes it interesting.

I only like to pick on the people who THINK their perfect.

Many of us have been out of school longer than some of you have been alive.

We may work in a "blue collar" job than doesn't test our spelling & grammer skills.I have no problem reading posts with incorrect spelling or grammer,most members get their point across regardless of their language skills.

Is this a fishing forum or a hangout for english teachers? :whistling:

If there are any mistakes in this post,TFB,I will not apologize for them.

For not being a good speller, you don't have any misspelled words that I can see and you used capital letters at the beginning of every sentence and even separated your thoughts into paragraphs. Now please tell me what's easier to read...the above posting of Cliff or this doctored one below.

i can't sing i can't dance i can't play a musical instrument and i can't spell the music side of it is simple i have no sense or rythum and can't tell the differance between a C sharp and a D flat god just didn't give my those abilities as for the spelling well it just isn't logical words that sound the same but are spelled differently words that are spelled the same but mean different things depending on the context they are used in too many rules with too many exceptions and I have a problem with things that aren't logical give me a motor that isn't running right something that needs to be built or fixed anything that requires a mechanical aptitude or logical reasioning and I have no problem working that out algebra trigonometry geometry were all a breeze for me in college as were physics and science i also type at about 12 words a minute so very often when replying to a post on here I spend a lot of time composing my responses i suppose i could cut and paste and do the spell check thing, but for the most part I think people can understand what I am trying to get across even if there are a few grammer or spelling mistakes i do have a solution though, if my spelling punctuation or grammer are that much of a problem just don't bother reading my posts

Believe it not I have read many posts like these and basically give up on them.

But to each his own.....

Like I have said before...just make a honest effort. :)

wallbash.gifI used to think that spelling, grammer, puncchuation and stuff like that was quite important, but now it all seams irreverent!wallbash.gif

Miracon,

Maybe you were a bit hasty dismissing the poor grammar guys. You could have asked them to send your their picture...........of their boat!!thumbsup_anim.gif.

You might try C & R for a little while.rolleyes.gif

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

I get it. only cause that's been going around for years...