Grammer police!

Headhunter

I really don't want to get everyone's underwear in knots over this, but come on guys, can we not spend an extra 10 seconds before we post and check your spelling and or grammar?

I don't want to nit pick, but of late I have seen some horrendous spelling and grammar from some folks posting and frankly, the impression it leaves on the reader is one of "huh"!?

As a reader of your post, we can only equate who you are and what you are saying, based on what you type. If you type/spell badly, that is the impression we the reader will have of you, as a person. It is very simple to use "Word" to spell check, just cut and paste your post into Word and check it. Then, cut and paste your post back into OFC... tada, you're done!

It aint pretty, but it is what it is!

Thanks folks!

HH

I can back up what HH is saying with a great example!

I met Rob (usually the worse half unless I've had too much wine!) on Plenty of Fish (pretty ironic now! Hehe!). As a female on a dating website, you get a lot of messages. So many of them contained horrible spelling and no punctuation that I couldn't understand them at all! The nude pics were starting to go from annoying to more preferable as at least I didn't need to try to figure out what they meant! :whistling: It got to the point I didn't bother looking at their profile if they couldn't take the time to use a simple spell check. I figured if they aren't going to put any effort into that, what else are they not going to put effort into! :rofl2:

I am sooooo totally NOT high maintenance as this post might suggest (in fact, the complete opposite!)...but communication is key! Of course most people aren't Shakespeare (I can barely make out half the stuff my son writes!). It's just about making the effort to correct what you can when it's so easy now so you are better understood.

Rob's spelling and grammar were perfect in his first message to me that I replied. And we went on a blind date and have been together for 3 1/2 years since! :thumbsup_anim:

I have really bad grammar. And to top it off, I try to type to fast, and thus make lots of stupid typo's.

If I'm starting a new topic, then I will spell check it, but that doesn't catch everything.

If I'm replying to a post that already exists, then I don't bother with the spell check..

Spelling errors, and minor grammar things don't bother my. I'm not a hypocrite. But if you can't understand what the person is trying to say.. Well that can be frustrating..

P.S. I spell checked this in MS Work, how many grammar errors did I make?