Grammer police!

Headhunter

Within reason who really cares. OK I've seen some posts that leave me shaking my head. :wallbash:

If spelling is slightly off or grammar not perfect I don't give a rats arse as long as I can understand the message.

For some posters English is not their first language (but their trying their best) and spell check corrections only make it more confusing for them.

Lets not forget the purpose of this forum is to share information with our fellow fishermen(fisherwomen).

Within reason who really cares. OK I've seen some posts that leave me shaking my head. :wallbash:

If spelling is slightly off or grammar not perfect I don't give a rats arse as long as I can understand the message.

For some posters English is not their first language (but their trying their best) and spell check corrections only make it more confusing for them.

Lets not forget the purpose of this forum is to share information with our fellow fishermen(fisherwomen).

This is what I was trying, very badly btw, to get at... but when the post is impossible to understand, it will get ignored and that doesn't serve anyone well.

HH

PS... did I mention that GBW has problems with the truth??? :whistling: Bah ha!

HH.....THANK GOD you brought this up....now, everyone can't spell everything perfect or have perfect grammar or punctuation but for the sake of the Fishing Gods...PLEASE put in some effort....and at least scan over your post before clicking on the green post button below.

LEAD BY EXAMPLE....

Now back to your regular nonsense programming.... :whistling:

I do spelling and grammar for a living! But I can't type worth a damn!

There is an Ontario website where people can ask for $ grants and Ontario ("Ontairo") is spelled wrong on an email link! great money saver!

A

Incidentally, we say "incorrectly spelled" or "spelled wrongly" not "spelled wrong". Wrongly is an adverb and it answers the question "how was it spelled". The word "wrong" is an adjective answering the questions what or which.

Incidentally, we say "incorrectly spelled" or "spelled wrongly" not "spelled wrong". Wrongly is an adverb and it answers the question "how was it spelled". The word "wrong" is an adjective answering the questions what or which.

This from a man who's better versed in his second language than I am in my only language. clapping.gif

Thats easy for you to say.

I had to read it 3 times before it made cents.mellow.gif