Ice shack baby.....yeah!

limeyangler

Hi all,

My nearest neighbour gifted me this today.

Jack and dad....and mum have a new winter home.

IMG_4591.jpg

IMG_4592.jpg

IMG_4593.jpg

IMG_4594.jpg

"I got me a skidoo it seats about 3 and we're headin' on down to the Ice Shack.....

ice shack....baby ice shack....... "

:thumbsup_anim:

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO When's the house warming? You guys are gunna have one heck of a nice winter! Congrats!

I'm thinking the house warming will be around 12th December.

That's awesome Simon...looks like a beauty>

That little stove will have you fishing in your short pants all winter long.

Is it going on your lake?

Cheers

Craig

Yes Craig....i think i'm gonna join our little ice shanty village on the ice road to town this year....Jack has already made some friends with some of the old timers there.

No need to go home til sunday now.LOL

Very generous friend.

Good thing it,s only 2 and an 3rd eh Simon. :lol:

LOL...they grow quick though....he is getting one of these next Xmas....another neighbour in the bay has put it aside for us at a great price (her son is too big for it now)

images.jpg

That is a thing of beauty Simon, very generous of your neighbour. Wow, you're gonna have a great hard water season bud :thumbsup_anim:

Cant wait for the season....fired up the snow machine today...3 pulls and she fired right up :thumbsup_anim:

Sweet, a couple of reclining high back bucket seats on swivels, popcorn shaker for the stove and you've got a fine hut.

lol... :worthy: :worthy:

Lucky for you! Too bad the snow has been postponed for this year. It will resume its regularly-scheduled stupidity in November 2012.

What the hell...yoiu trying to JINX it or what...grrrrrrr.

That's a heck of a gift! I wish I had a neigbour like yours.

I'm sure you'll have some good times with it.

"Tin roof...rusted!"

Yup...they are good neighbours who will be sadly missed.

They are moving further north for job reasons, and they have stored a whole heap of stuff behind the tree line of our property to get it out of the way as requested by the realtor...

the shack was his way of saying thanks for the temporary storage...really nice of them!

I want one too...The only ice shack I have is my survival suit...And my epidermis :(

If you paint the bottom of the hut white, you'll be stealthy on the ice and the fish won't be able to see you.LOL

have you ever ice fished dana?

Yep, years ago I went a few times.. Didn't enjoy it as much as real fishing. hahaha

In all seriousness, I want to get into it because it'll help make winter pass quicker and with company it could be a good time. I wish I had a snow machine but I need a truck long before toys like that. If I get a hut myself, it'll probably be a portable tent type I think, because then I can carry it to various lakes and it'll fit in my car and stuff... I need an auger and some other gear too, so this might not happen this year. I don't even know much about it all to be honest, like when is it safe for a fatty like me to step on the ice, or where to drill holes, etc. I have a lot to learn because prior to this year, almost all of my fishing was done with adults when I was a kid or teen, and I didn't pay much attention.

That's pretty sweet Simon, no doubt you'll get maximum use out of it.

Just a thought though, some rigid insulation between the studs will make it t-shirt cozy! thumbsup_anim.gif

Yes, one inch pink panther styrofoam works like a charm and is almost weightless.

I was thinking the same thing guys.

Would i not then need to put up board on the inside too?

I was thinking the same thing guys.

Would i not then need to put up board on the inside too?

No, but you may want to put some sheet aluminium (spaced off the frame a 1/2 inch) in the corner behind the wood stove or leave that lower corner free of insulation.

If you can't find aluminum as a heat shield for the back area of the stove, go and get the largest diameter round duct you can find at your local hardware store. An 8 inch diameter pipe opens to 24 inches wide and usually comes about 4 feet long. 2 of those are pretty cheap, galvanized and won't rust.

No, but you may want to put some sheet aluminium (spaced off the frame a 1/2 inch) in the corner behind the wood stove or leave that lower corner free of insulation.

If you can't find aluminum as a heat shield for the back area of the stove, go and get the largest diameter round duct you can find at your local hardware store. An 8 inch diameter pipe opens to 24 inches wide and usually comes about 4 feet long. 2 of those are pretty cheap, galvanized and won't rust.

Thanks guys...good tips!