Month Long Report Of Bassin

MCTFisher9120

Well good evening OFC! I just returned home from a very busy summer, working for 9 weeks at Kesagami Wilderness Lodge as a guide then home for a week and since then I have been camping for the last 4 weeks fishing here and there and having a blast. Same area as last summer visiting my great grandmother and family. Gram turned a big 103 this August, we are soo lucky to have her with us still. She is in good health and state of mind. She loves having us every suummer.

Anyway let's talk about the fishing. At first it was hard, I caught lot's of fish but for the life of me at first I could get nothing over 3lbs, they were all nice 2's and the bait's I threw were Snag Proof froggy's and jigs the odd time but as you will see many were on frog's. Here are some pictures to start before I show the bigger bass. I fished the main lakes and channel's this summer. The biggest of the bass came half way through the month.

ScreenHunter_06Aug271931.jpg

ScreenHunter_07Aug271931.jpg

ScreenHunter_08Aug271934.jpg

A little scenery of the water I was fishing

ScreenHunter_15Aug271937.jpg

ScreenHunter_17Aug271937.jpg

Tried some deep water ledge fishing with different baits

ScreenHunter_19Aug271938.jpg

ScreenHunter_32Aug271941.jpg

Drivin my boat

ScreenHunter_18Aug271937.jpg

My Dad with one of his nicer catches

ScreenHunter_27Aug271940.jpg

ScreenHunter_31Aug271941.jpg

This picture is funny, same weedbed same corner night to night produced two nice 3's

ScreenHunter_26Aug271940.jpg

ScreenHunter_25Aug271939.jpg

Here is a picture of a 4.1 on the froggy

ScreenHunter_29Aug271940.jpg

Picture two of the fish

ScreenHunter_30Aug271941.jpg

During the trip I decided to paint my boat...took 3 days off and did a nice paint job

Before pic

ScreenHunter_22Aug271938.jpg

After pic

ScreenHunter_24Aug271939.jpg

One of the memorable catches, a nice northern I slammed in the weeds behind me on a scum frog, what a pull I had to give to get this fish out of the cover

ScreenHunter_42Aug271946.jpg

There is a just under 4

ScreenHunter_38Aug271945.jpg

Picture of a morning 3lbr

ScreenHunter_48Aug271948.jpg

I had a great trip this summer and didn't experiment with different baits as much as I should of but like my PB 6lb 14oz I slammed two 5lb largies within 3 days in the same little bay over 8ft of water on the famous Rapala Skitter Pop(2")

First Picture of the hawg, loved the fight on the ML Croix Avid and the Stradic, was nice to get a big bass on a spinning rod

ScreenHunter_36Aug271944.jpg

Picture two

ScreenHunter_37Aug271945.jpg

This bass weighed a little more at 5.3lb's. No it's not the same bass as I suspected cause the tail is chopped a little but here she is. Such a nice bass

ScreenHunter_47Aug271948.jpg

Well that sums up my trip, I got my little bro out fishing and my Dad and uncles. I got to finally run a outboard and well now I want a 14 lumie with a 20 or 30hp :P

Well see what I do a year from now haha.

Anyway I got reports to applaud and read up on, thanks for viewing and hope the bassin has been good to everybody this summer!

Tightlines

MTBF

Every summer your bass reports get better and better....you should put a before and after comparo together of MTBF when he started on OFC vs. present day :lol:

Amazing bass....love that slop....and the last pic is a magazine cover....great work to whoever's on the camera.

I GOTTA know though....what paint did you use for the boat? Gotta do some touch ups, and yours look great....would love to know what you used and where you got it.

Looks like an awesome summer man, congrats on all of those beauty bass.worthy.gif

I remember slammin huge bass on tiny topwaters now, I almost forgot how good they can be!!

Nice job on the boat too, mine is only a 14' with a 9.9, I definitely need a HP upgrade, but then I need some numbers on the boat dry.gif maybe I will just stick with under 10 haha!ninja.gif

Every summer your bass reports get better and better....you should put a before and after comparo together of MTBF when he started on OFC vs. present day :lol:

Amazing bass....love that slop....and the last pic is a magazine cover....great work to whoever's on the camera.

I GOTTA know though....what paint did you use for the boat? Gotta do some touch ups, and yours look great....would love to know what you used and where you got it.

We just bought a can of Tremclad rust paint lol. He put it in his spray guns hooked up to a air compressor. Here are more pictures once it was done.

Upside Down

DSCF2024.jpg

Sittin

DSCF2027.jpg

I think he added hardner to it also

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher