People Are Pigs

asdve23rveavwa

Just got back from lunch. Sitting in my truck at a Walmart parking lot in Kitchener, watched not one, but two, people just toss their garbage on the ground.

The first "person" (I use the term loosely) bought a couple of car mats, tore the packaging off then proceeded to just toss it. As he was climbing into the vehicle, he reached into his pocket and pulled out what looked to be a receipt AND threw that as well!!!

Second "person" got out of his Jeep with his better (let's hope so, anyways) half, reached into his vehicle, pulled out a Tim Horton's cup, AND (YOU GUESSED IT) threw it on the ground under his vehicle. Now there are only about three garbages in front of the Walmart that he proceeded to walk into.

So for all the garbage we see "anglers" (I use the term loosely) leave lying on riverbanks, lakes, etc, it doesn't just happen there.

By the way, I wish I could have stayed to see the look on "Jeep Boys" face when he came back to find his Timmies cup under his windshield wiper!!!!!!!!

Rant done, AMEN!!

and you are surprised by it

I take out the camera/ phone and snap photos then tell them I am posting on the internet their photos and car and plate......

most pick up the garbage...

some yell and scream at me and I say oh do more the camera is recording and will make for an interesting youtube video............

and I am still alive to tell about it..LOL

I take out the camera/ phone and snap photos then tell them I am posting on the internet their photos and car and plate......

some yell and scream at me and I say oh do more the camera is recording and will make for an interesting youtube video............

Not so much surprised, just reinforces my opinion of alot of people...I hate to say.

Funny, but, I was going to use the same tactic, had I had the camera or phone with me.

That is indeed horrible. I live in the gta and see this on a daily basis. One can only shake their head and wonder what, if anything, is going thru their heads during this senseless act. I am avid outdoorsman who loves the peace and beauty of nature. On more than one occasion I have stumbled upon make shift dumps in our provincial parks from some lazy camper not wanting to pack out what they pack in. Im not sure how some people can go to enjoy the pleasures if nature whether it's fishing or canoeing and destroy it at the same time. I can only hope to come across one of these sub humans in the act. There is no excuse for littering period.

Bill

:jerry::jerry:

Years ago my aunt worked at a restaurant and one time she walked into the bathroom and saw a woman who had just changed her baby, holding a diaper full of crap about to spread it on the bathroom wall. My aunt just said to her "Go ahead and do it, but you're cleaning it up!" She preceeded to walk over to the garbage can and throw it in before leaving.

Timmy's cups are really annoying though because you see them everywhere.

It's part of the "disposable world" we live in. Just toss it out. Nobody notices. Nobody cares.

Prior to downsizing to an apartment, the puppies and I had a great sideline. On our morning walks we would pick up all the cans and beer empties littered all over the neighbourhood, and at regular fishing holes. That was over 1000lbs of aluminum a year. Would pick up enough beer empties in a year to pay my gas for a round trip to Florida.

Truth is the problem has been around a long time, but there are more people littering and fewer caring.

On a side note, the tally of beer empties to date, in the neighbourhood and fishing spots, is $175

If humanity did not discard things blatantly and without regards, The science of Archaeology would not exist.We learn about our ancestors by the type of garbage they leave laying around all over this world.

It is an unfortunate and disgusting by-product of mans superiority complexwallbash.gif

lolz I was joking aside... but honestly I saw few people that been here in canada for few years and still adapt what they left off back home... throwing garbage outside their car, pee in street, etc... lolz :) Im not saying all of them, I myself was imigrant before but thru experience... Do I have a point here?? sorry if its to much to say.. my apology :(

lolz I was joking aside... but honestly I saw few people that been here in canada for few years and still adapt what they left off back home... throwing garbage outside their car, pee in street, etc... lolz smile.gif Im not saying all of them, I myself was imigrant before but thru experience... Do I have a point here?? sorry if its to much to say.. my apology sad.gif

I hear ya B

Its not just imigrants though.Its a global problem.Same as relieving oneself on the side of a road, or in a pristeen backwoods lake. We take for granted, the place we live, and think nothing of littering our home.

I LIKE that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Jewelbee

If you want to see a real nasty mess, go to Union Station. Look on the tracks at any platform and you will see a sea of McD's garbage all over the place...

It truly makes one wonder what, if anything, goes through their minds as they do this. No care for their world whatsoever.

I guess being brought up the way I was, in a family that camped, fished and enjoyed the outdoors, definitely makes a difference.

Here is the result of people not littering in Eldee, Ontario.

Why do people on the street not care? Because those in power don't care either....this is downwind of the Eldee municipal landfill, no more than 50 meters away from a large creek that flows into the Ottawa River 200M downstream. All it takes is a tall fence on the windy side to stop this, I found this looking for trails, you can't tell me the MOE doesn't know about this. This mess covers an area of approx. 500 square meters, if not more. I've seen some disgusting things in my days and have become a little apathetic (unfortunately) but my GF was completly floored by this mess. Now she hates landfills and tries to recycle everything...hahah even things that aren't recyclable. Bless the girl for trying.100_0007.jpg

100_0009.jpg

Edited by Rod Caster