Finally -My Eddie's North Adventure.

fishnsled

Well what does one say that hasn't all ready been said about Eddie North's Attawapiskat Adventures ? Just a truly magical place. Beautiful county, wildlife and lots of fish, BIG ones too. Our trip started off bright and early with an uneventfully trip to Nakina, well Ken and I almost hit a bear but no harm done. Eddie had suggested (as did Solopaddler) that we stay at the https://lowertwinlakes.com/Home.html for our stay over before our flight the next day. Clean cabin, comfortable beds, a view of the lake while having the evening beverage, nothing fancy but I'd go back again. Thanks John and Karin.

A6.jpg

A22.jpg

A59.jpg

A80.jpg

A85.jpg

A91.jpg

A106.jpg

A126.jpg

A127.jpg

B1.jpg

The next morning we were up early and off to check in. We knew that it would be a bit of a later departure but like kids on Christmas morning, who is going to keep you in bed till later. We got weighed in and then off for some breakfast and grabbed some bait.

B4.jpg

B10.jpg

B1116-1.jpg

B1121.jpg

B1123.jpg

By the time we got back to the airbase we were being loading and soon were on our way. That Otter has to be one of the more comfortable planes. Ken and I decided we'd have a hard time going back to a Beaver or smaller. Plenty of room to stretch out and snooze.

B1142.jpg

B1143-1.jpg

B1172.jpg

B1184-1.jpg

B1194.jpg

IMG_7005.jpg

The flight was smooth as could be and soon we were landing in our piece of paradise for a week. It didn't take to long before the bags were unpack and the fishing gear was rigged and ready to go. We ventured out for a few hours, grabbed some dinner and then back out for an evening fish. Nothing too big to brag about but some good fish were caught.

100_1863.jpg

100_1885.jpg

B13.jpg

B29.jpg

B54.jpg

Ken and I did well with the fishing the first couple of days but didn't take many/any pics of the fish. All decent fish but nothing we felt picture worthy - getting picky in my old age I guess. Lincoln on the other hand came up with 3 or 4 cameras and was snapping and videoing everything.....hence the 35 gigs of files to go through.

Later that day smoke rolled in from a forest fire that was in the area. First time I've experience that .

B56.jpg

B58.jpg

A couple shots from the evening fish.

Eagles nest.

B65.jpg

B83.jpg

Storm came in but was short lived.

B85.jpg

B92.jpg

Being completely exhausted (I was running on about 5 hours of sleep over 2 days) we opted for a bit of a sleep in the next morning and started with a big breakfast. Then we hit the water hard for the rest of the week. You know they say a picture is worth a thousand words so let the picture do the talking.

B120.jpg

B169.jpg

B176.jpg

B199.jpg

B312.jpg

B313.jpg

B320.jpg

B341.jpg

B373.jpg

B380.jpg

B417.jpg

B430.jpg

John with our catch on the way to the fish cleaning house.

B502.jpg

B525.jpg

Evening topwater action.

100_1879.jpg

A very pleasant surprise, Caribou!!

IMG_7019.jpg

IMG_7018.jpg

Chilly mornings.

B538.jpg

We did eat very well. John was a master at the skillet. :good:

B588.jpg

B639.jpg

B664.jpg

IMG_7024.jpg

IMG_7027.jpg

rotateIMG_7032.jpg

IMG_7047.jpg

IMG_7057.jpg

IMG_7061.jpg

continued.....

Edited by fishnsled

B677.jpg

For the last couple of days we switched up the teams as Ken was suffering from some heat stroke and John just wanted a couple of days to sleep in - with young ones at home I don't blame him.

Lincoln and I were up at 4:30 and on the water shortly afterwards. Sunrise over Eddie's camp.

B745.jpg

B763.jpg

B791.jpg

B798.jpg

B826.jpg

B829.jpg

We also had our resident caribou come by for a few pics.

IMG_7094.jpg

IMG_7095.jpg

IMG_7099.jpg

Certain it had to have seen us but it wasn't until it smelled us that it went back into the bush.

IMG_7102.jpg

B872.jpg

IMG_7114.jpg

We saw one bear that morning as well but didn't get a very good shot. Eddie and the crew had seen one near camp the previous day that they figured went 500 pounds!

Our much smaller bear.

IMG_7115.jpg

Dropped Lincoln on shore to go chase the bear but he only came back with a pic of the paw print. (He didn't really chase the bear, it was long gone by the time we beached the boat.)

B8577.jpg

Ken and John did make it out and John got his PB walleye at 29.5". Beauty fish!!

100_1891.jpg

And of course we had to squeeze in a shore lunch.

IMG_7122.jpg

IMG_7120.jpg

IMG_7125.jpg

B86034.jpg

B876.jpg

B885.jpg

Lincoln and I ended up on the water for 16 hours that day before coming back to camp. Happy with the day but exhausted - still played cards till midnight though. A later start to the next day for Lincoln and I but still on the water by 6am.

B956.jpg

B968.jpg

A few fish boated and the sun came out and hit us like a ton of bricks. We threw out the anchor and had a short nap. Lincoln's snoring woke me up and I noticed he was holding onto his rod (fishing rod) with a line in the water. So of course not being one to miss an opportunity, grabbed the line and tugged like hell. Never seen anyone jump up like that before. :lol: We pulled up anchor and were making our way out of the bay when a fish jumped. Linc is determined to get it and tossing in a line. We were thinking that they were whitefish jumping but were not sure. ( I did see a sturgeon jump the one morning right in front the the boat. B) )

Linc is suddenly setting the hook and brings in this.

B986.jpg

We dropped the anchor again and proceeded to slam walleye like crazy. Midday sun and in 4-6ft of water we must have caught and release over 50 fish in a couple of hours.

B992.jpg

B999.jpg

B1005.jpg

B1021goldenglory.jpg

B1025.jpg

B1040.jpg

B1081.jpg

Ken and John did well on the spot as well later in the day.

100_1904.jpg

100_1907.jpg

100_1909.jpg

100_1910.jpg

Lincoln and I went back to the pike fishing.

B109629.jpg

B1103.jpg

Linc's biggest of the trip.

B894425x175.jpg

Exhausted after another sun up to sundown day.

B1111.jpg

We certainly enjoyed the bacon wrapped walleye John had prepared that evening.

B1143.jpg

Just a fantastic trip. Way too many pics to include them all but I think you get the idea, a must visit place - add it to your bucket list. I've slapped together a video to get some more pics in but it still doesn't put a dent into the shots we (Lincoln) took. I've got to go through the video clips still and will see what is there when I have some time. Thanks for reading!

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allownetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid105.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fm240%2FFishnsled%2FEddies%2520North%2520Adventure%25202011%2FAweekatEddiesNorth2011.mp4" height="361" width="600">

Edited by fishnsled

Awesome report Will, looks like a fun trip with lots of fish caught and great company.

Cool pics of the caribou with the bullseye on its side :lol:

Excellent, glad you had a good time :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Joey

Great report Will!!! What?? Linc took a few pictures did he? I'm surprised you got the report up this quickly...LOL.

Some great shots and lots of smiles there. The fishing looked prime and it sure looks like you guys ate well!! :thumbsup_anim:

One thing I have to comment on though...

"Certain had to have seen us but it wasn't until it smelled us that it went back into the bush." - I'm sure that works on all kinds of animals...and people too!! LOL :D

Where the pic of your 40+ inch pike? :dunno:

Anyhow...wish I could have joined you guys on that trip...maybe next year!

Thanks for the replies everyone - it was just awesome!

Wow. Thanks for the great report Will. Looks like you guys had a blast.

I enjoyed every picture, but this one holds a soft spot in my heart. I had a lot of good times in there.

B1123.jpg

Ahhh - memory lane eh Dan? Isn't it great or is it a bit foggy? :D There was a for sale sign on it Dan if you were so inclined to rekindle some of those memories. ;)

nice. very nice and great job on the vid. Timed the pic changes to the beat - very cool

Just when I though my bucket list had got shorter

I just got lucky - I just don't have the time I'd like to put into the video right now. Basically just copied all the pics to the timeline and trimmed them to fit in the song. Don't just add this to the bucket list - move it close to the top! B)

Great report Will!!! What?? Linc took a few pictures did he? I'm surprised you got the report up this quickly...LOL.

"Certain it had to have seen us but it wasn't until it smelled us that it went back into the bush." - I'm sure that works on all kinds of animals...and people too!! LOL :D

Where the pic of your 40+ inch pike? :dunno:

Anyhow...wish I could have joined you guys on that trip...maybe next year!

Smart :asshat:. :lol: There is a shower at Eddie's camp, I think we all used it at least once.....:huh: The 40" pike eluded Ken and myself. We both had 38.5" as our best and it was Ken's PB. Linc and John both got a 42.5" (a PB for each of them)each and a couple others that were around the 41" mark. Would love to have you along Cliff - we were talking about 2013 but I can always have my arm twisted for a trip next year if you are up for it. :)

Great Report!!!

Just what I needed, a little more tuning up...we leave Friday for Eddie's, can't wait!

You will have an AWESOME time!!

I have been watching for this report.....Excellent! How many swim baits did you add after that trip? Seeing, those pike, add a few more! And Linc......tie better leaders! LOL

Yep, probably lost my 40+" fish when it bit though him fluorocarbon fishing line leaders. ( not made with the fluorocarbon leader material) :glare: I am in the process of stock piling swimbaits for the next trip. :)

It's about freakin time!!!!!

Looks awesome!

HH

Yep, long over do but I choose fishing many times over doing up this report. Have had to make up for some lost time earlier in the year. Broken truck kept me at home this weekend so the report got done. ;)