Upper Niagara Report (with PB)

stasbrute

What a great afternoon on the Upper, the lake was rough at Crystal so we launched at Fort Erie. The Smallies were on!! typical baits, tubes (dark colours). Around Strawberry Island I decided to put on a small Muskie bait (small Grandma lure) and troll for a bit, maybe pick up a small ski or a large walleye or bass. Just as I am taking a bite of my sandwich SLAM!! something hits the Grandma!! It was heavy, I am thinking ski or large walleye, it's not coming up. I get it up to the boat and its a monster smallie. John hoists in the net, its aboard, and we giggle like school girls. It measured 22.5 inches long and an incredible 19 inch girth, what a pig. Lots of bass were caught in the 2 to 3 lb range by both of us and to cap the evening off, I picked up a 22 inch Wally at the river mouth before getting off the water at around 9pm.

here are the pictures

DSC05222.jpg

DSC05223.jpg

DSC05224.jpg

DSC05225.jpg

DSC05226.jpg

DSC05226.jpg

DSC05228.jpg

DSC05230.jpg

DSC05232.jpg

DSC05235.jpg

DSC05236.jpg

Nice Smallie that was a hog. I was out on Erie today trying for smallie but it was way to wavy so I headed home before any thing horrible happened nice work on that smallie though and congrats on the PB.

Errrr....ahhhhh.....the lake calmed down as the morning went on but it wasn't really that bad at all.......fished Waverly Shoal which is about 5 miles out from where I launch....didn't do great but at least OK on walleyes....talked to a couple of Canadians that were fishing for bass but they weren't having any luck today...

Here's what I mustered up before it got TOO hot for this old timer....LOL...

LakeErieWalleye8-13-11002.jpg

LakeErieWalleye8-13-11003.jpg

LakeErieWalleye8-13-11004.jpg

Edited by Billy Bob