Tim Hortons

Lunker777

Hey everyone

This post is in part with the post a few months back about Tim Hortons over charging for things.

This morning, I decided that I wanted a Ice Cap ( I know.. Im keeping my man card though ) haha anyhow..... price for a small Icecap is $1.49..... after tax should be $1.68...... I was charged $1.98.... ?????? I was late for work and in a rush so I just gave the toonie and left before it hit me !!!!

Im gunna continue to do this and see how many different prices I get! asking for a receipt everytime... to keep track !

Any one else start paying attention to there Timmys prices since that post earlier in the year ?

Love Timmy's coffee but I noticed a medium in Canada is the same as our small here in the USA for about the same amount of money....does CN Timmy's have a small because if they do it can't be more then 4 or 5 ounces...

BTW I notice a small difference in price here depending on what Timmy's you go to....best bargain is getting a "Senior" coffee with your own mug.... :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Billy Bob

Yep....Timmie's has a small....basically a cardboard shotglass.

For the same price as their medium, I get a "small" at McDonald's which is the same size, along with a muffin. The McD's coffee doesn't taste quite as good, but the muffin sure makes up the difference :D

Love Timmy's coffee but I noticed a medium in Canada is the same as our small here in the USA for about the same amount of money....does CN Timmy's have a small because if they do it can't be more then 4 or 5 ounces...

That's the biggest part of the merican problem, they like to super size everything, hamburgers, pop, debt, fat hanging over the belt line, and yes we do have a small coffee. But just like the beer, ours tastes better by far. I've had Timmies across the border, it tastes like they ran the water through twice. :devil:

Edited by Fisherman

For the same price as their medium, I get a "small" at McDonald's which is the same size, along with a muffin. The McD's coffee doesn't taste quite as good, but the muffin sure makes up the difference :D

Good point, I was pleasantly surprised a few months ago, at how much better Mickey-D's coffee is compared to the days when it tasted like "arena coffee"!

Good point, I was pleasantly surprised a few months ago, at how much better Mickey-D's coffee is compared to the days when it tasted like "arena coffee"!

Mickey D's actually won the taste testing by Consumer Reports a few years ago....last place was Starbuck's that I like....I guess it depends on how strong you like your java.... :P

Do you have a car adapter for it? :lol:

Haha, nope, but I have a Starbucks travel mug that keeps coffee hot-to-warm for like 3 hours.

The McD's coffee doesn't taste quite as good, but the muffin sure makes up the difference :D

:o I think it tastes better than Timmies. It's the only thing worth consuming from McDonalds.

They probably accidentally hit medium instead of small on the cashier, it happens. I'm not defending anyone just saying drive-thrus make mistakes and I'm sure they don't have weekly team pep talks to tell their grunt workers to "accidentally" hit medium on people routinely to make more money.

Well, being in the coffee business has been a real eye opener for me! Tim Horton's secret; they use 18% cream in their coffee most people (not all) who like their coffee black don't like Tim Hortons. MD's did a really good job of coming up with a blend, not bad coffee if you like blends.

What would really kill you is if you knew the margins these guys make on the coffee. You think gas is expensive? Try a cost of WELL less than $0.30/ cup all in! (cup, cream, sugar, lid, stir stick, coffee).

Keurig; excellent product, good variety, about 1/2 the cost of a Timmies. Problem! A company called Green Mountian has bought out all the K cup manufactures. (they had an angle in that they licensed all the manufacturers, then threatened to pull the license if they didn't sell out to them)

They now own a monoploy and again, you are paying through the nose for what you get (our cost has gone up by 30% since last Oct. and we sell millions of them every year.

It ain't going to get better! All these specials you see on the brewer are the same marketing ploy as printer companies use. They will almost give you the brewer because the product you use in it is where they make their profit and they control the product.

What are your options? Well, there are several but I won't even try to go into that here, someone will accuse me of spam. All I can say is do some research. If you have a question I'll be happy to try to answer it for you, Pm me.

BTW I notice a small difference in price here depending on what Timmy's you go to....best bargain is getting a "Senior" coffee with your own mug.... :thumbsup_anim:

Seems every takeout joint in the states has bigger drinks (hence the growing population :whistling: ). Take BK for instance a small drink there is the size of a medium in Canada, a medium in the US is a Canadian large and a Yankee large drink is a 45 gallon drum with a length of 5/8" garden hose for a straw and doesn't exist in Canada. :rofl2::rofl2:

What are your options?

This is my solution to the expensive cost of good coffee. :D

Sure the equipment was a little spendy and it took a while to get the grinding/brewing process down but now I make as good an espresso or moccha as any coffee house and it doesn't cost $5 a cup!!!

P5110052.jpg

257285_227714893921524_100000490442858_938976_6733746_o.jpg

I switched to MC D's a couple years ago when they started the FREE coffee to show off there new blend its great. I hate the free coffee weeks now as they are so busy I dont get my coffee to many people there just for the free bee but then again it works as I am hooked.

The price for a large coffee and muffin is $1.87 how can ya beat that the change always goes to Ronald McD house.

I have noticed some of the inconsistencies in the pricing, and in the quality of Timmies coffee. Hit the Timmies on the 400 service plex and it is the worst dish water I've ever tasted. Hit the Beamsville QEW Tim's and it often tastes burnt. Then there are some good outlets as well, but I don't want hit and miss quality.

I'll never forget the time i was visiting Canada and I saw a guy walking out to his car at 6:30am in his pjs through the snow to his car to be told he was going to get coffee. what the hell! i thought, just make some at home?!?!

I was told that he was doing this because 'Tim Horton's' coffee was just soooooooo good. I did not even know what tim hortons was....lol.

What makes me laugh is that i've put folgers in the machine at work and told all the timmies freaks that its timmies...they loved it!

I know thats kind of mean but i never told them and what you dont know wont hurt you too bad.

I also think McDs is better coffee than Tims, hope they dont trick me back....lol...but to be honest i would not really care.

Problem! A company called Green Mountian has bought out all the K cup manufactures. (they had an angle in that they licensed all the manufacturers, then threatened to pull the license if they didn't sell out to them)

Well, I used to have a Tassimo, and the thing was a bloody mess. I miss the Starbucks breakfast blend, but not for long. Starbucks is jumping ship to Keurig, so GMC must be doing something right. But you didn't explain why it's an issue that they own a monopoly on a product they also own, as Keurig is owned by GMC? It's not like they own Kraft and Nestle and every other coffee option in the world. In any case, the patents on the K-cup expire in 2012, so their evil K-cup monopoly won't go on for much longer.

I have noticed some of the inconsistencies in the pricing, and in the quality of Timmies coffee. Hit the Timmies on the 400 service plex and it is the worst dish water I've ever tasted. Hit the Beamsville QEW Tim's and it often tastes burnt. Then there are some good outlets as well, but I don't want hit and miss quality.

True that... In North Bay, you could go to any of the what, four or whatever Timmies and order the same thing and end up with four wildly varying coffees. I haven't had this problem with McDonalds, or Tassimo or Keurig for that matter. Making it the old fashioned way in a drip machine, however, I did. I guess maybe if I tried measuring... :)

For the same price as their medium, I get a "small" at McDonald's which is the same size, along with a muffin.

McDonald's is closer and i buy the $1.39 small coffee/muffin things. Much better price and quality than Timmies now frozen food or burnt/watery coffee.

Developed a hate on for Timmies when they didn't take debit(like everywhere else) over a decade ago but was all i had when coming back from fishing. Timmies=ripoff

A few observations....don't want to be holier than thou but when I see the size of the servings at Sonic Restaurants on the U.S. television, wonder how anyone can eat all that!

-Since McDonald's 'remodelled' the stores to appear to be more 'upscale?' service has slowed right down. Their coffee has improved from the days when their supplier didn't want it to be known who they were...

-The only Tim Horton's to go bankrupt to be saved by the parent company (at least at the time I was there) was in Yellowknife. For some reason, during -40 celcius temperatures, customers didn't want to wait in a long line up which stretched into the parking lot, while only one cashier was working and the rest signed off at the end of a shift which occured at 7:30 am. The busiest time of day for a coffee outlet? Between 6:30 and 9 am.

-The worst Tim Horton's I ever went to was the one in NOrth Bay by the tourism center at the junction of 11 and 17. Three cold cups of coffee in a row, once waiting 15 minutes while the only server finished cleaning the floor. I will never go back. I hope no one else does either.

-The Starbucks cup referred to earlier is definitely worth the $20 it costs.

-Be prepared for various prices for the same product....the summer help is heading back to school which means training new staff. At least this is the explanation in Gravenhurst.