Tim Hortons

Lunker777

The coffee is the same at all the Tim Hortons, the reason that it tastes different is because of the water. Water quality has a huge impact on the flavour of the coffee, chloriene, hard, soft, iron, sulpher, mineral content.... they all affect the flavour.

Perhaps it's the people running the establishment that's the problem (Which was I was hinting towards :) )

I've had bad coffee, then I've had the coffee from that place. I don't think they live by the '20mins and be brew a new pot' It tastes like ass every single time.

Cliff

Not only the quality of the beans but the quality of the roast are important.

I have seen too many places serve expresso made with inferior quality beans (bad roasting job) that I am very picky about my beans. I have been buying imported beans (from Italy) recently as our only local bean roaster has changed and the beans are no longer up to my standards. Can't remember the name of the beans I've been getting but I don't have a clue what the packaging says as it's all in Italian.

They are packaged in a good thick foil package and make a pretty decent cup of expresso.

I am looking forward to the day when I can upgrade my grinder and machine. I want a Rancilio Silva expresso machine and Rancilio Rocky grinder.

I'll gladly take one at wholesale if you gots. :whistling:

Could it be Lavazza Crema E Gusto? I'll ask around on the grinder and espresso machine for you, we have over 4000 items and I can't remember them all LOL.

When did the Tims in Yellowknife go bankrupt?

The Legend goes....Once long ago, in the Land of the Midnight Sun, long before the Walmart, the Canadian Tire, the McDonalds, the Boston Pizza, the smoke free hotel on Airport Road...hmmm they could make one of their sentimental TV ads about it...

Actually was rescued before it closed. What is now popularly known as 'an intervention'.

There was also another flap about their huge inflatable coffee cup not conforming to local sign bylaw regulations. It was time to move elsewhere....Yellowknife was following the customs of places in the south....you were even required to license your cats....

Could it be Lavazza Crema E Gusto? I'll ask around on the grinder and espresso machine for you, we have over 4000 items and I can't remember them all LOL.

I don't know what the name of the beans are.

I have to go and buy another bag so I'll let you know Cliff. ;)

I transfer my beans into a coffee can when I open the bag to keep them fresher.

That would be grate if you guys carried the machines. :good::good:

It would be nice to save something off the nearly $1,200 pricetag on the combo. :w00t:

Just need to auction off my first born to pay for it!!!!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: