I'm back in Ontario

GBW

Hey all.

Last week my family (10 of us) got together for a 7 Day Southern Caribbean cruise from San Juan, Puerto Rico to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St Kitts & St. Maarten.

My brother-in-law and I decided we would set out for 4 hours deep sea fishing in St. Thomas. The Captains name was Geoff too so we figured it was going to be a good day. :rolleyes:

100_3085.jpg

We got all set up and 6 lines in the water for the 5 passengers. We drew straws to see who would get the first 15 min in the chair and then rotate through the group. My luck would have it I was second! My bro-in-law got 1st crack at it.

100_3086.jpg

Well just as his time was about to be up, FISH ON! Then all of a sudden 2 other lines go off! Too bad for me I was the farthest from those rod’s to get my hands on one. :wallbash: So I help clear the other lines that were in the way. :mellow:

100_3088.jpg

The rest of the day was some HUGE swells and waves and not another hit was had by any of us.

So I took over being the Captain to see if I could change our luck, no dice…

100_3095.jpg

It was time to head in so we took a few pic’s of the caught fish and headed back to the shore.

100_3090.jpg

100_3093.jpg

We decided a ‘team 8’ lunch & beer was in order too. It was so fresh... :tease:

100_3092.jpg

One last pic of my bro-in-laws fish as we couldn't bring them back on the ship. :dunno:

100_3089.jpg

Um, how did that get in there?!?!?!

Either way it was a fun 4 hours and I’ll do it all again. Cheers.

WHAT :o No Bikinis... no Corona at the Sunset Bar and Grill in Saint Marteen? :wallbash:

:D

..wouldn't have minded seeing a stone oven pizza from St. Lucia either..

nope, the only camera I bring out is the fishing one. My bro-in-law may have some others I can add to this post too. :unsure:

Thanks all

Huge round eyes on those fish! :whistling:

:rofl2:

Cool Geoff!! Is that a small tuna?? At least you got out fishing for a few hours.

What are the temps like down there this time of year???

Yup, yellow fin tuna and the temps right now are mid to high 30's. Just like being here with SOME better things to try and look at.