Family Weekend - Report

Leecher

Hey all,

Been a while since my last report.... fishing wise this year been very slow for me :wallbash: Only been able to target speckle trout and for the most part, been on the small size (not picture worthy)... but this weekend, was invited to the in-law's cottage (my wife's side) and what a blast we had B)

It's been almost 20 years since we set foot in that part of the country and let me tell you, we all had a super time. The plan was for my wife's brother to meet us at home this past Friday after work, then follow him to destination B) The drive was only an hour a half from my place and while driving.... plans of fishing was already being processed in my head :lol:

I was pumped to the max since I knew there was small mouth bass and lakers in the lake.... when we got there, it was kind of late..... but I had a plan :) Meet & greet the in-laws :) then setup the rod with an old school Jitterbug and let her rip on surface B)

This is what was waiting for us when we arrived B)

DSC06241.jpg

Then my daughter joined me on the dock for some action...

DSC06240.jpg

My wife and her brother were quite pleased to be sharing the fire pit along the shoreline

DSC06245.jpg

My first smallie on the third cast B) My daughter took the pic with her Blacberry B)

IMG-20110805-00007.jpg

Jitterbug shot... Release B)

IMG-20110805-00006.jpg

At this point I was very pleased with the results since my goal was reached but I wasn't done yet :blink: I wanted more :lol:B)

I decided to hit the beach area and cast into the shallows in front of the cottage.... this is the results

Lac-Simon-20110805-00008.jpg

Another smallie on the Jitterbug B) Releasing the beauty :)

DSC06247.jpg

Man what a rush to fish in the dark and hear the sound of a feisty bass break surface and chomp on your lure B)

The next morning, I woke up, bright and early (5:30am) and went to the dock to see if I could get another beauty to commit to the old school Jitterbug but it wasn't meant to be :(

Here's the view of the office while I waited for the captain of the vessel anchored at dock side B)

DSC06264.jpg

Some more shots of this lovely place B)

Water front

Duhamel-20110806-00015.jpg

Daughter and wife

Duhamel-20110806-00012.jpg

DSC06274.jpg

DSC06275.jpg

Random shots

DSC06268.jpg

DSC06270.jpg

DSC06271.jpg

Duhamel-20110806-00013.jpg

DSC06267.jpg

That morning we went in search for some smallies and got a few B)

DSC06249.jpg

DSC06250.jpg

Inside views

DSC06255.jpg

DSC06256.jpg

DSC06257.jpg

DSC06259.jpg

Supper time

DSC06277.jpg

Cottage owner and Mélissa

DSC06269.jpg

My wife and I

DSC06261.jpg

The owner and me

DSC06260.jpg

I ain't into swimming much but manage to dip them old feet of mine since it was so hot :lol: Wife got a shot of that :lol:

DSC06253.jpg

Sunday morning was not looking to good but we got out and found some decent ones

DSC06280.jpg

DSC06281.jpg

All in all was a great time setting foot on familiar grounds B)

Hope you enjoy

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

nice smallies, beautiful family, thanks for sharing. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thanks Pikeslayer8!!!

Amazing report! Especially because i grew up fishing smallies on that lake! My grandparents had a house down at the other end of the lake for 15 years. Haven't been up there for a few years, really miss it!

Thanks lovetofish!!! I don't know any body on that lake except for the in-laws.... What a small worls :canadian: It's a great body of water filled with smallies.... they sure put up a great fight B)

Really great report, that looks like an awesome cottage. Some nice smallies there. :thumbsup_anim:

Your wife looks like Bonnie Franklin :)

Thanks Joey!!! Didn't know who Bonnie Franklin was and looked her up on the net :w00t: Some look a like but I still prefer my Mrs :whistling::)

Great to see you getting out, Jacques! Some nice smallies, love the night fishing!

Thanks for the report! :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Frankie!!! Top water fishing for bass is awesome B)

Jacques !!!! Ata boy !

Nice fishing, great company. What a life, eh?

Thanks for showing us your world

Paul

Merci mon ami Paul!!!

What a beautiful place Leechman. That's what summer in Canada is all about.

Thanks Dan!!! It sure is B)

Awesome report and looks like a great family you got there, those are some nice smallies you got there.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Chris!!!

Forgot to mention, love that old oven, that's really cool :thumbsup_anim:

Everything about the place is super cool to me... real nice to be able to stay for a weekend :)

Glad you got some time to enjoy yourself with your family.

Thanks Bruce!!! It was hard to leave the place on Sunday afternoon :(

What a weekend, envy here, thanks for sharing. All I can find so far this year are LMB, need some smallies with some fight.

Thanks registerfly!!! They sure fight hard for such compaq fish B) I lost quite a few on cranks & senkos during the fight when getting airborn :w00t:

Great report Jacques. It's wonderful to be able to get away with family. I also now know where Melissa gets her smile. :) Thanks for sharing your weekend.

Thanks Roy!!! She's such a sweet heart :)

Great pics of a terrific time!clapping.gif

Thanks NWO!!!

Looks like a fun time was had by all - thanks for sharing

Thanks spincast!!!

Wow, that is a beautiful little camp. Thanks for sharing

Thanks Joeytier!!! It sure is B)

thumbsup_anim.gif Great report Jacquesthumbsup_anim.gif

Everyone having fun and all, nice smallies btwgood.gif

Thanks Vinni!!!

Great pics Leechman. I love night time topwater hits. Thanks for the report

Thanks WeedLine!!! What a rush to fish blind in the dark and then hear a smallie smash your lure on the retrieve B) Can't get enough of it :D