What a Great Mornin!

Usually around this time of year I've caught my share of bass for a while and take some time to target carp. I asked Averie if she wanted to try for carp, or chuck around some baits for bass and gills while I did the carp thing. She's not one to sit still very long, but to my surprise she said she wanted to try for her first carp. So I took her to a spot that typically only holds 5 to 15 pounders but still wasn't sure if she, or her little 4.5 foot rod would be able to handle them. Last night I did some drag tests in the living room with her to see if she could handle having line peeled off and she seemed to do alright. So this morning, off we were, a late start at 9 a.m. but we were headed for some carp action!

On our way down the hill and through the bush, I managed to tangle my rod all to heck so while I was screwing around with that I set her up, and of course... she yell's FISH ON before I even get my line in the water!!! :thumbsup_anim: It was all her, I just grabbed the camera and snapped away while she fought her first ever carp, and by far her biggest fish to date like a pro!!! I was so proud!!! :thumbsup_anim: Luke watched and screamed for her to land it the whole time! lol

IMG_1219_2.jpg

IMG_1223_2.jpg

She worked it perfectly with her little 4.5 foot Voltaeus!

IMG_1228_2.jpg

Just when she thought she had the fish whopped it'd take off like a bolt peeling her 5lb Power Pro off like nothin haha

IMG_1231_2.jpg

Check out the bed in that rod! lol

IMG_1236_2.jpg

Finally after probably close to 10 minutes of her fighting the fish we had him in the net and realized he was missing an eye!

IMG_1240_2.jpg

Here she is with her prized catch!

IMG_1244_2.jpg

IMG_1247_2.jpg

IMG_1249_2.jpg

Release...

IMG_1252_2.jpg

A few minutes later Averie's rod goes off again but she had a lap full of snacks so being the class act of a dad I am I pounced on her rod and punked her for her second fish of the morning! :w00t:

IMG_1261_2.jpg

Once the sun got up high the carp bite died right down... we had a few bumps but missed them... I toughed it out but Averie switched modes....she managed a mixed bag of fish and a new PERSONAL BEST largie... man did she ever whop on me today! lol

Here's just a few of her fish...

Smaller Largie..

IMG_1278_2.jpg

decent rockie..

IMG_1294_2.jpg

I don't seem to remember fishing with a Stradic and Crucial combo when I was four and a half...

IMG_1283_2.jpg

New PB Largie...friggin' kid...

IMG_1285_2.jpg

luke holding one of his sisters fish... lol

IMG_1282_2.jpg

After that he wouldn't hold his own fish...

IMG_1296_2.jpg

IMG_1254_2.jpg

This was the closest we could get of him holding his own fish... lol

IMG_1310_2.jpg

feeling like a broken man I had to at least catch one fish on my own rod before I left... and here it is! lol

IMG_1312_2.jpg

Averie on the other hand had her first case of Bass Thumb!! wasnt' a problem for me today.. :wallbash:

IMG_1331_2.jpg

Well that was our morning.... on to some house work and hopefully we'll get out again before the end of the weekend!

Thanks for readin....cheers,

Ryan, Averie and Luke

Edited by The Urban Fisherman

Fantastic report!! Little Averie is quite the angler already...and I know the feeling well at getting shown up by your own daughter lol. Keep up the great work Dad...you make memories with each outing with your kids!

Thanks Cliff! Good thing she can handle it on her own at this age cause she has two younger siblings that need help!

Wicked stuff Ryan!! Congrats to Averie on kicking your butt as usual!

Ya ya ya thanks Frank!

Thanks for the report, and for bringing up the next generation of anglers.

Anytime! Thanks for reading!

That's great!, can't wait for that too be me in a couple years (the father, not the daughter) lol

Doesn't take long! Start em young and get them hooked! Averies first time out was pike fishing the GTA at 7 days old in her stroller!

Beauty, just wonderful pictures. Your daughter is going pro soon I know it :clapping:

Thanks Joey!

Awesome Ryan congrats looks like the perfect day for you guys.

Thanks buddy! It was awesome watching her battle her first big fish! Musky next? lol

enjoy them while ya can........kids grow up way to fast!!!!....great report!!

I know... We have a 5 month old girl who reminds me just how fast Averie has gotten to where she is!!! Scary stuff!

Another,"best Dad"!

Thanks man just love spending time with my kids!

Great report Ryan - fantastic pics - that's one proud girl. If she's anything like my son - you'll never hear the end of how she whoopped ya today - and love it everytimethumbsup_anim.gif

Thanks I'm just as proud as she is.... Maybe even a little more! :clapping:

Averie's "clinic" sure brings back some fond memories. Cherish every one of those moments. She sure is something to be proud of.

Memories of you gettin whopped on to? lol thanks! Much appreciated!

Nothing better than seeing the kids get out and enjoy some fishing.

Great report.

Thanks Carp! It's my fav thing to do!

Awesome stuff Ryan, and I can relate to how Luke feels...lol

Thanks for sharing the adventure with us :)

Maureen

Haha Thanks Maureen!

Another girl hooked for life, nice JOB Dad & there is always tomorrow for you lol Don't take it to hard lol

SBK

lol thanks SBK in my defense I was helping them more than fishing myself! That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Thanks for sharing Ryan. Your pictures are awsome. How can you not smile and giggle when looking at them. I always look forward to seeing your posts.

Thanks dude! That's why I post them! And because I'm a ridiculously proud dad! I'm on holidays in a week son expect a bunch of reports!

watch out there is a new girl in town. Bob beater watch out she don't take his job.lolthumbsup_anim.gif

Great report there is nothing like being a part of youth fishing keeping the sport alive, and what a champ.clapping.gif

Thanks PG! I don't think Bob has to worry to much.... Yet! :whistling: have a good one!

Wow! She holds fish like a pro - with a look of pleasure and not "ick!" - especially impressive with that big ol' carp! :thumbsup_anim:

She's been holding fish since before she could walk or talk! She did impress me holding that carp though... Now she's got the big fish bug!

Hey great report that's a nice carp the little one got there. And some nice bass to. I love the picture with your little guy holding his sisters fish lol. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks bud! In my defense she makes every fish look huge! haha the boy was apprehensive about holding fish before and that bass flopping out ofnhis hands didn't help!