Jack Layton

I wish him all the best. Breaking the choke hold that the Block Quebequois held was a huge move that made our country better IMO. One of the best things about moving were I did was that he is me MP. I hope he recovers and is able to help bring back a conscience to Ottawa.

Jack,or Bill,Sue, Alice down the street,it dosent matter. No one should have to go through this.His political matters dont concern me.It,s a back drop. Jack ,I hope you recover and live a long and happy life. :canadian:

well said Brian. :)

That's exactly what I said to my wife tonite Irish when we saw him on the news tonite.

He looks like he's in need of some fight right now

I am adding him to my prayer list which seems to be growing longer by the day

He has shown himself to be the consumate fighter---get better Jack

Exactly Brian... why I won't say anymore!

I'm just hoping his political campaign delaying this decision to step aside doesn't kill him!

Family health is the most important thing, all other stuff can be put aside, hope it all turns out well for him.

A

He is obviously very ill. I've never seen eye to eye with him politically, but have just gained profound respect for him and the way he has conducted himself not just now, but in the last several months. I am pulling for him.

I'm not a fan of Jack's political leanings, but I believe the man truly believed what he preached . . . , and he made a lot of believers this time 'round . . . . . I hope to see him have many more years to keep everybody in Ottawa on their toes! I wonder if he knowingly went ahead with his campaign, cancer be damned, and it will eventually cost him his life, a very high price, if so? I've been there . . . . twice . . . still givin' the ol' can another kick. It is truly a terrible disease, but CAN be beaten!

Best wishes for Mr. Layton to make a recovery from this terrible disease.

Say what you will about the NDP but the last election was historical and what he did was great for Canada. :canadian:

His party not only defeated and nearly eliminated the separatist Bloc Quebecois but trounced the old school Liberal party by becoming the official opposition.

Truly believe he is trying to help regular Canadians instead of widening the gap between rich and poor like the reform party castoffs in power now.

Get well Jack!

I don't wish cancer on anyone having lost my own Father to it and hope that Jack fights through it.

As a politician, he does not deserve to be where he is today and should have never been elected again after 1985. For those who do not know or do not remember:

From time to time he has been criticized for saying one thing and doing another, including being caught red-handed in 1985 living in subsidized housing in Toronto when his and Olivia Chow, then a Toronto trustee, were raking in a combined $120,000 year.

I don't wish cancer on anyone having lost my own Father to it and hope that Jack fights through it.

As a politician, he does not deserve to be where he is today and should have never been elected again after 1985. For those who do not know or do not remember:

From time to time he has been criticized for saying one thing and doing another, including being caught red-handed in 1985 living in subsidized housing in Toronto when his and Olivia Chow, then a Toronto trustee, were raking in a combined $120,000 year.

Anybody who follows the political scene knows Jack`s history and how I feel about the left for that matter.I did not really start this thread to slam the man or his politics, surely you can see this is not the time for that.

Sometimes it best just to say nothing!!!

Anybody who follows the political scene knows Jack`s history and how I feel about the left for that matter.I did not really start this thread to slam the man or his politics, surely you can see this is not the time for that.

Sometimes it best just to say nothing!!!

I want to say,but better to bite lip LFW. It,s not what he does,stands for,did,but that he is a human being. Some people just dont see that.

Castaway,STEP BACK.

Lets see---how does this go??

Let the one without sin cast the 1st stone

I know it's a religous quote but it kinda fits here

This started as a goodwill thread---hopefully it stays

I never voted for Jack but he always had my respect---still does