Too darned hot for fish'n

lew

I headed over to Lower Buck this morning to see if I could scare up a musky or 2 but after a couple hours in that blazing sun I called it a day and headed back here where it's far more humane.

Must be getting soft in my old age :D

I headed over to Lower Buck this morning to see if I could scare up a musky or 2 but after a couple hours in that blazing sun I called it a day and headed back here where it's far more humane.

what u call soft, i call smart

In theory, I'd figure the increased metabolism rates of fish after several days of high temps would make 'em hungry, and active, no? Unless the musky seek colder waters during heat waves.

I don't blame you for also seeking "colder waters" Lew, this mugginess sure taps your energy.

Edited by Rod Caster

I love this weather...

Lots of water and ice and a pit stop at a waterfront restaurant and your good to go...

I'm with you on that one.

I also love the heat. I feel like it's easier to catch fish since they are under mats and in the shade. This is why I tend to fish alone allot. No one wants to do 8-12hour days in the blazing sun and humidity with me :(

Well, seeing as I'm retired, living in the Heart of the Kawarthas, infact Clear Lake is 200' away, and many other lakes within a very short drive, I can and do fish any time I want.

Therefore, I have no need to be on the water on a day like today, frying my feeble little brain when I don't need to be :lol: :lol:

Well, seeing as I'm retired, living in the Heart of the Kawarthas, infact Clear Lake is 200' away, and many other lakes within a very short drive, I can and do fish any time I want.

Therefore, I have no need to be on the water on a day like today, frying my feeble little brain when I don't need to be :lol: :lol:

I like your way of thinking Lew. :good:

You gotta think like TJ. I'm sure he could figure out some way for you to rig an air conditioner to your boat Lew :D

Just need the air conditioner and a generator. Put the top up for shade and good to go. Great idea Joey. :D Now what stores have any AC units left???

My sentiments eggactly...I was thinking of trying for carp after my cystoscopy at P'boro hospital but halfway across the parking lot after my procedure I came to the conclusion that it was too damn hot even if I was sitting in the shade...carp biting or not...so I headed home and parked myasshat.gif in front of the airconditioner and had a nap...

I'm in agreement too. I pointed out to the light of my life what the forecast was for tomorrow and she just said "We'll have to get out earlier so we can get back in time to beat the worst of the heat". I love that woman!

LOL Lew, were the heck are those Canadian cold fronts when we could use one? They are calling for temps to hit 96 here today, could break the record of 97, and a heat index of 105-115.

Cleveland got like 3 inches of rain the other day, Akron almost 6 inches, and I didn`t get enough to leave a puddle on my patio. As wet as the spring was by me it sure dried out in a hurry.

I'll second that one Lew, too hot, too cold, too windy, too wet, when you can walk out your door and fish anytime you want, you can aford to be choosy!

I hear ya!! At least next week when I'm on holidays the weather is supposed to cool down a touch and maybe I can get into a 'ski or two. But to fish today, NO WAY JOSE!! Best to sit somewhere where it is air conditioned or at least somewhere in the shade with a cool drink.

Anybody else thinking of ice fishing??? I remember not long ago that everyone was complaining it was too cold. I guess we need something to complain about :whistling:

I must say it is hot and I am heading for the cottage tomorrow afternoon. I think I'll head out early Saturday morning before it gets real hot for some smallie action.

Edited by motion