Great Job by the MNR Enforcement Team

I always love to see the results from our hard working CO's in the province. :clapping:

Our resources are there for all to share but you must follow the rules.

Over Limit Of Black Crappie Costs Anglers $2,700

NEWS

June 6, 2011

Three anglers have been fined a total of $2,700 for catching and keeping more Black Crappie than allowed with an Ontario Sport Fishing Licence.

Zhong Dong Ye, Xiang Rong Huang and Ke Yong Yang of Markham pleaded guilty and were fined $900 each for possessing a total of 54 more than the permitted limit of fish.

The court heard that on April 15, 2011, a Ministry of Natural Resources conservation officer inspected the anglers as they were leaving Sturgeon Lake, just north of the town of Lindsay, after a day of fishing. The officer was following up on a call to the MNR TIPS line. The anglers had 144 Black Crappie between them, while the legal limit was 30 fish each.

Justice of the Peace Dianne J. Ballam heard the case in the Ontario Court of Justice, Lindsay, on May 27, 2011.

For further information on fishing regulations, please consult the 2011 Recreational Fishing Regulations Summary, available at ServiceOntario/Government Information Centres, licence issuers and at ontario.ca/fishing.

To report a natural resources violation, call 1-877-TIPS-MNR (847-7667) toll-free any time or contact your local ministry office during regular business hours. You can also call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

Derrick Humber Peterborough District, 705-755-3364

Kent Hodgin Peterborough District, 705-755-3365 ontario.ca/mnr

Get lost poachers! :asshat:

Over Limit Of Black Crappie Costs Anglers $2700.pdf

Edited by aplumma

Good to hear, although I'm curious about the technical implications. The 3 of them were all fined for 54 fish over the 3 person limit, which kind of implies party fishing is OK (ie if the 3 of them were caught with 90 crappie in one bucket, it would have been ok).

Good to hear, although I'm curious about the technical implications. The 3 of them were all fined for 54 fish over the 3 person limit, which kind of implies party fishing is OK (ie if the 3 of them were caught with 90 crappie in one bucket, it would have been ok).

well they really are not saying that

as in most cases they go after the biggest crime and drop the rest of the charges...

but whatever I am glad to see them charging them

Glad to hear it :thumbsup_anim: And Kudos to whoever called it in as well :clapping: I would have loved to see the fine be $2700 EACH though with a loss of there fishing license. Really make them pay and maybe a few other possible offenders might actually give it some thought before they try to rape our resources.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

Not only are the Anglers going to suffer Financially.............so is the Restaurant, that the crappie were intended for :stretcher::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Restaurant? Did you want to explain this comment? <_<

Nothing but a post about a few jerks being caught and fined. Poachers come in all shapes, sizes and colours. Poor taste jokes are not appreciated.

Edited by Michael Brown

Restaurant? Did you want to explain this comment? <_<

Nothing but a post about a few jerks being caught and fined. Poachers come in all shapes, sizes and colours. Poor taste jokes are not appreciated.

Perhaps the "JOKE" is based on the fact that many have seen crappie being sold at markets etc.. Truly, there is little or no reason to take 30+ crappie per person other than if you were going to sell them and unless you have a comercial license in which case you wouldn't be limited to only 30, selling them is a violation!

I have seen way too much abuse going on and it is about time some of these "JERKS" got caught and fined. These are only the tip of the iceberg.

Hey Cliff I agree. I have a very big issue with the fact that the sale of live crappie is allowed under a very limited number of commercial licenses in this province. This is a whole different issue and something I would love to discuss sometime with whoever makes these decisions. I have big issues with the pet trade imports as well but don't get me started. Place big restrictions on the bait industry but allow these other forms of invasive fish introductions to go unchecked.

A limit of 30 is very fair but some will always break the rules. With this kind of issue it is far to easy to pass the buck and say it was some other group. Fact is poaching is a problem all anglers oppose and I'm glad some took the time to call in the complaints to put an end to the abuse.

Credit paid where credit is due and the CO's earn the respect we have for them.

you know that these people are going to give people like us a hard time. i already got harrassed last year by some rude white trash IQ challenged. I dont blame him since every morning its all littered with garbage and he doesnt see me cleaning them up.

Oh well time to get a boat.

Oh do I ever hope that was one of the calls I made. :whistling:

Believe me I will be watching and calling every time I see that sort of thing going on. KUDOS to our CO's.

I was thinking the same thing. I think I might have even been there that day. I'm going to check my log and see for sure. There were 3 guys, and they kept every fish that came over the gunnels. I left a detailed message with detailed discriptions of people, boat and where they launched on an answering machine. I remember being upset that i couldn`t get thru to a real person.....maybe it did work??

The sad thing is, they were right back there the very next day, and every other time i fished up there!!!!! I guess its worth it when they sell for $8.99/lb!!

EDIT: Just checked, I called on the 13th and 14th. I hope it was the same, ignorant, pathetic guys I called on that got nailed. Looks good on them. They deserve a lot more than what they got too. Shouldn`t be allowed to fish in this country again. These guys blatently sat there and poached fish in front of a crowd of people, who were telling them it was illegal to do what they were doing, and told them what the limit was. They just didn`t give a rats ass. Then to see the same goofs there the next day, doing the exact same thing, in front of a crowd of anglers AGAIN!! Man, I can`t even say what i wanted to do!!! Its quite clear they don`t care, they were back there fishing on the 16th!! Shouldn`t have a license ever again IMO!!!!

S.

Edited by Sinker

its got nothing to do with ethnicity, its got everything to do with ignorant poachers. Sure, these guys were of asian decent, but I`ve seen my share of redneck `roundeye` poachers as well. I call them in too : )

I can almost guarantee these bozo`s are out there keeping under/over slot walleyes, and keeping more than thier limit of them too!! They don`t care, and apparently have lots of money to keep paying the fines!!!

S.