Some Open Water Fishing (Report)

Joey

Paul and I decided to get a way for the weekend so we headed down to the lower Niagara for a fish.

After checking into our hotel and unpacking, Paul realized he had forgotten the removable seat for the front casting deck and had to sit on a bucket to use the trolling motor all weekend. He's got a bad case of ring around the you know what now, and I bet he won't make that mistake again :oops::lol:

gallery_17_7_18100.jpg

The temp was 6 and getting warmer and the wind was from the east. Nobody was catching anything. We saw the WFN boat while we waited for the bite to turn on.

gallery_17_7_41105.jpg

I played with my zoom lense.

gallery_17_7_38879.jpg

Then the weather changed and the wind started coming out of the West. The bite was on. We saw about 5 or 6 fish landed and Paul got into this nice 26 inch hen (and an entry for his team - Taper you have a PM).

gallery_17_7_44485.jpg

Then as quick as the bite came on, it turned off again. We fished until 5 p.m. then headed back to the launch. While putting the boat on the trailer, a shore fisherman got into a nice steelie. That was the second one caught on shore for the day.

We went out for a nice steak dinner at the Old Fire Hall and then back to the hotel for a good night's sleep ready for Sunday's fishing. It was 10 degrees Sunday morning and it called for thunderstorms, but it was just overcast so we headed to the launch. Aaron was launching when we got there and we had a quick chat and then headed out.

gallery_17_7_3579.jpg

We weren't out long and it started to rain. We were fine with that, but then the thunder started so we headed in. I fished from shore for a bit until it really started coming down.

gallery_17_7_8627.jpg

We thought we'd wait it out in the hotel room and Paul was anxiously sitting outside waiting for the rain to stop.

gallery_17_7_27719.jpg

But it didn't stop and at some points was a torrential downpour. Check out was 11 a.m. so we packed it up and headed home. It was sure nice to get out in the boat and it was a nice relaxing time. Really good weekend away from the city. We'll probably be back there next weekend. Hope the weather cooperates.

Here's a shot of the escarpment and one of an ice flow, one of many we had to watch out for while out there.

gallery_17_7_38918.jpg

gallery_17_7_974.jpg

Cheers,

Joey

Nice report Joey thanks for sharing and nice bow and you did not get skunked .Too much ice here in Montreal to put a boat in the water.

Yes I am jealous I mean envious. :clapping:

Where ever you go there is a fishing camera crew??????????/

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Edited by Mike the Pike

Great report Joey, I got your PM and posted it but I also got one from ccmtcanada and he beat paul by.75 inches. I left them both up for now so Paul gets a little glory. :clapping:Way to go team 6.

Edited by taper

He's got a bad case of ring around the you know what now, and I bet he won't make that mistake again

Gives you a better target for kickin dear!

Thanks for the nice report. Good to see you two out for a weekend away from home...and fishin none the less as well.

We just stuck to the river Don. With the unpredictable weather we don't like to go out into the lake in our boat. Its only 16.5 ft and if the winds pick up its not fun. Some guys that had gone out to the lake on Saturday said it was too rough and came back.

Joey

Yes Don, it was the Queenston ramp. Its a pretty good ramp, its the parking that's the pits when there's alot of people there. Quite a long walk if you have to park back up the hill.

Wayne, bullseye for sure!!! LOL

Joey