Forecast: Cold, Snow And The Chance For Giant Pike

solopaddler

Haha wow, so when we saw you in Nakina and you told us about how tough the fishing was, this was what you meant ;) just amazing, We certainly missed those big gators, but you've wet my appetite and i might need to slide in on a sept trip to beteau if eddies got some room. The mini lodge looks great, almost luxury compared to what we started with, I was talking to eddie at beteau last night on facebook and he was talking about his satalight internet and big screen tv for the hockey games. lifes tough for that guy. Great post though love the scenery shots, and if youve got any more videos get them up! we all love to see those mosnters!

I doubt you'll need ............... a variety of 3/4oz spinnerbaits.

You and I fish 'em very different Mike except for that old standby Johnson eh... and orange stripes rule too. ;) Agree about the bugs later on, they really are a non-issue except in bed some nights. Gotta love river breezes that take care of them. On the Moose I always liked fall pike fishing better than spring. Spring was for eyes and trout, summer for vacations and fall for pike.

Knowing the place is a factory, I still wasn't sure you'd necessarily peg 'em all that good. Early ice out and for about a week after on the Moose, alot of years were tough... live bait or meat on a hook was sometimes the only way and still not all that good of a one. Did have to deal with nets alot too though... First ice in November the pike would slooooow right down too and fish kinda like they would at ice out... Your weightless reapers and the flies were a solid idea for slowing down. We should swap trips some time or go up in the fall... ;)

Hey Mike,

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but check you PMs.

Regards,

Slayer

Nothing there Simon. :dunno:

All I can say

ONTARIO

Yours to Discover.

Mike, your a one man tourism attracting dude! Your reports sure help us out.

HAHA! B)

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

Seems like the place to go if you want to catch a lot of big pike in Ontario. :Gonefishing:

Seeing that one fella went there before major surgery makes a somewhat disabled guy think that this is possible in future.

Incredible report as usual. :thumbsup_anim:

Seems like the place to go if you want to catch a lot of big pike in Ontario. :Gonefishing:

Seeing that one fella went there before major surgery makes a somewhat disabled guy think that this is possible in future.

Incredible report as usual. :thumbsup_anim:

Erik, if my buddy John could do it you can too! If you ever think you might want to go get in touch.

Amazing!

Knowing this report was coming I was excited to see it! Only one or two Solo shot gun/rifle poses! I was expecting more rIfle/shotgun pics lol

In an effort to reduce strain on the fish I was trying to abstain from the shotgun poses LOL!

Thanks for all the replies guys!