Our Spring So Far...

It's been a busy spring for me, which always seems to be the case. We have basement reno's on the go, a ton of yard stuff and exterior home fixes that seem never ending. But I finally managed to get out on the water May long weekend for a morning of fishing with the kids. Luke was nervous in the boat at first but warmed up to it and had a ton of fun playing with minnow's and catching fish.... he even managed a short nap in the boat! lol :sleeping_02: We did well with the rock bass and I caught a few big OOS smallies while trying for pike, but we came up short on the perch until my good buddy Dan Bouck found some perch....albeit little ones... :whistling: Anyways, it was a great morning out on the water with the kids.... Thanks for the perch spot Dano!

While I'm throwing out thank you's I have to send a big shout out to SHIMANO Canada! I was talking to some of the guys at Facts of Fishing LIVE, asking about smaller rods for kids. I haven't been able to find something right for Averie as she needed to upgrade from her ice fishing rod..and I live in the sticks so our selection around here is limited. Wouldn't you know a tube show's up in the mail with a 4 foot 6 inch Voltaeus not a week and a half later. She's used it twice now, and it's absolutely the perfect rod for her! :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: On to some pics...

In the yard ready to rock...

IMG_9001.jpg

Our country road...

IMG_9006.jpg

Saw this guy on our way so we stopped to take a pic...

IMG_9011.jpg

IMG_9016.jpg

Luke was a little nervous at first...

IMG_9018.jpg

But he was quickly distracted by the minnows...

IMG_9024.jpg

The perch bite was slow for us so we hit up a tried and true rock bass spot and Averie slammed some big rockies!

IMG_9032.jpg

IMG_9035.jpg

Here's Averie doing the "Mercer Hold" with her new rod!

IMG_9038.jpg

Lukes fish... he wouldn't hold it but was very happy to catch it!

IMG_9040.jpg

IMG_9043.jpg

Sorry bout the OOS smallie, but I thought it was to good of a picture not to post. Caught it while tryin for pike, with a 2 year old sleeping on my lap! lol

IMG_9049_2.jpg

After that we hit up some perch in Dan's spot...

IMG_9071.jpg

And the kids fell asleep on the ride home...

IMG_9100.jpg

So that was our fishing for May long weekend...

Last Night I took the kids out for a couple hours of friday evening Crankbait fishing for Panfish... Luke just played in the fish cooler, but Averie and I caught a few rock bass, crappie, bluegill and some OOS largies and enjoyed an evening on the lake...

Rock bass on the first cast...

IMG_9235.jpg

Nice dark Crappie..

IMG_9240.jpg

IMG_9242.jpg

Biggest Gill of the evening...

IMG_9247.jpg

IMG_9249.jpg

Played on the dock and enjoyed a quiet lake before callin' it a night..

IMG_9255.jpg

IMG_9258.jpg

IMG_9259.jpg

IMG_9264.jpg

Thanks for checkin' out our report... on to house work and until next time!

Cheers,

Ryan, Averie and Luke

[/size][/size]

Awesome Ryan! "Here's Averie doing the "Mercer Hold" with her new rod!" I think Mercer should call it the Averie hold for now on!! lol..Good job on the monster Bass with Luke sleeping on your lap...Funny stuff. Thanks for shareing!!

Great shots, all of them!

The sleeping tots in the car seat on the way home from their tough day is a classic.

I have to add that the shot of the pheasants is something I haven't seen in a long time!

Good on 'ya dad!

Edited by floatman55

Looks like you guys had a good time.

P.S. If I seen a kid twice the age of your daughter pose with a fish like that I would be impressed, looks like she really knows what she's doing :thumbsup_anim: Your going to have some real competition in a couple years :clapping:

This post will never get stale!! Great post! Love the pics. Beauty Rock bass! Good job on getting the kids out!

I've been looking for some smaller panfish rods too. I'll have to check out the Voltaeus. They are build as being "Ultra Durable". Perfect for the kids!

OMG.....at first glance of Picture #1 I thought it was you and your wife photoshopped into the picture shrunk down to make the boat look bigger... :D

GREAT PICS BTW....brings back memories of my two sons at that age.

Bob