Can someone ID this Jerk for Me?

EC1

Good Evening all,

Got quite a big question for lure junkies out there. I didn't particularly know this jerkbait until about yesterday, when its action and fish-slamming capabilities were exposed!

The only problem is, I have no clue what make or model this is, and I was wondering if you guys could recognize it? My dad actually snagged it when we were shore fishing a couple of years ago.

You won't be able to ID this via the hooks, because those were put on by myself, and if it helps, it says "SP" or Suspend at the bottom of it between the 2nd and 3rd treble. It has quite loud rattles, no weight transfer system, Half Oz., and is about the same size as a Vision 110. (110mm)

5762789013_d39c9e4a6e_z.jpg

This is a larger image of it in case you need more details. Larger Pic

Thanks in Advance!

Edited by EC1

rofl2.gif

Looks like an old cotton cordell Iused to have. They have tripple trebles like that. My bet is you get a hundred different answers!

Bowslayer could be right tho! The color is off for it to be a cordell, Matzuo has colors like that!

Edited by mattp33

the head of the bait looks almost like XPS design, but I'm pretty sure it's not.

Also looks similar to some Xcaliber stick baits, but it isn't

I'm not sure what the hell it is??? I have a crank with the exact pattern though, came with a crappy two piece from wal mart my son got a few years ago

My first thought, based on the eyes, was StrikePro. Perhaps that is what the SP stands for?

I think you're right. It looks very much like the Strike Pro Alpha Minnow, although I couldn't find anything on the net with that color and red eyes. Don't even think I have ever come across a Strike Pro minnow bait before.

My first thought, based on the eyes, was StrikePro. Perhaps that is what the SP stands for?

I was too quick on the trigger last night. I think you're right: it looks like an alpha minnow in Strike Pro's baby bass pattern. The Matzuo only has 2 hooks, this one has 3.

Thanks for the help! Glad you guys like the title! When I checked the strike pro alpha minnow it says it floats an dives about 3feet.

Mine suspends and dives about 5 feet. I guess it's some knock off then. Better not be losing it anytime soon!