What do you think?

johnny13

If your wife promised you that for the first 10 years of your life she got to choose where she wanted to live, but she doesnt live up to that promise and you wind up living at the same crappy place she wanted for 20 years. you want to live somewhere else but she won't move to where you wanna go.

what would YOU do?

dunno.gif

If she's happy, why rock the boatdunno.gif Is she truly happy? If so, then you should be a happy camper, because a happy wife means a happy familly life.So RENOVATE where you are and make it like a new place. IMHO

Paul

if your wife would promise you something at marriage wouldn't you want her to stick to it? and what if you dont have money to renovate. its not like you can renovate this town to look like where i wanna be. what if your son was on the other side of this country and you want to be with him.

Edited by johnny13

I'm kinda in the same boat. We live outside Red Lake, on the lake in a house we built in 1990. To me it's our little piece of paradise but to her, it's the bush and she's sick of living in the bush and want to move to the city. I'm ok with that if I can be near water and have fishing close by, She wants to go to Winnipeg, I would prefer Kenora.

Everytime something goes wrong health wise she says, " I hate this place, I don't want to live here anymore"

We are at a stalemate right now so it looks like i'm going to have another summer of good fishing but I'm not looking forward to the winter months and her complaining, maybe next year will be the time to move somewhere.

One thing for sure, If she isn't happy, I won't be either (she'll see to that)

Talk to a divorce lawyer. <_<

From the tone of your post, I agree with this statement.

Marriage is about compromise and making each other happy. Doesn't seem to be working that way.

Sorry.

Edited by Joey

If your wife promised you that for the first 10 years of your life she got to choose where she wanted to live, but she doesnt live up to that promise and you wind up living at the same crappy place she wanted for 20 years. you want to live somewhere else but she won't move to where you wanna go.

what would YOU do?

dunno.gif

I think you should have had a V8 wink.gif

All's I know is I'm the man of my house......

So if I want more hot water when I'm doing dishes and laundry---I darn well get it :whistling:

Just kidd'n--good luck with your issue

26 years for me---learned it's give and take and compromise

I think you know what you should do and or want to do

you just want someone here to say it for you.......it's ok say it out loud..say what you want to do

then say it again

then say it to her......

things will unfold as it should

buy a cottage to accomadate your desires...keep the property you already have...problem solved...

BOOM!!!! that will be 5 cents please...for my 2 cents of input...oh the profits...what to buy ...what to buy?

Man am I lucky. My wonderful wife pushed me to make the move I always wanted to do, but was always worried about. We have now lived on a lake for 26 years, have some trees around us and still close enough to a couple of larger centers yet far enough away from other family members.lol

Talk to her and start looking at places where you want to live, show her pictures and houses and it might grow on her. Approach it as positive as possible and avoid arguing if you can.

Like others have said, you only live once, so make it good and enjoy it while you're here!

Life's about tough choices sometimes.