Bush beans back!

tonka-toy

Just checked the walmart at eglinton&warden in scarborough, they never got any in and they are only sold in the states according to the "manager".

Even tried to argue with me when I told her about the morningside store.

I love that store, nothing but problems with them there... :wallbash:

Just got back from Wally in Woodbridge (27 location) getting " artichokes (small) to go with my BBQ lamb " on Sunday and they have rack full of Bush beans 'homestyle and vegetarian'. She (wife) looked at me kind of, what the . . . Do you want with those, hey since I'm paying don't ask, OFC thing I hope . . . Us and canned stuff don't go hand in hand but I'll try them eventually and will report the findings. BTW they were $1.57 a can.

YEP, George BUSH does make one hell of a baked bean......our pantry ALWAYS has at least a 1/2 case of BUSH BEANS on the shelves....my favorite is the "Country" style.....do you guys get all the varieties or just the original beans ?

With tomorrow being Good Friday Bush beans will be on the plate with some tasty Crappie fillets.... :clapping:

Why all the fuss over bush beans?

Take some chopped onion, sweet pepper, bbq sauce, brown sugar a splash of hot sauce and a can of any brand of beans you like or what ever was on sale at the store and you will have the best ever. Use your own judgement on the quantities.

Brown half the onion in a spoon of oil, add the rest and the pepper and cook till the onions are near clear. Add the garlic and cook a few seconds, oops forgot to mention garlic, dump in the beans brown sugar and bbq plus the hot sauce. That's it! Guaranteed to set of the the stink alarm anywhere and takes only a few minutes longer than just opening a can.

My son used to call it Dad's special beans when he was small :thumbsup_anim: