Lake Ontario Trolling

MCTFisher9120

Hey Guys, well my buddy Gone Fishin caught the bug and decided to put his boat and motor together last night so we could get out today for some fishing on Lake Ontario...It was awesome, we bundled up and had little trouble launching out boat, lot's of ice but we had maybe 6 feet on either side of the boat from shore to ice. Once out of the bay we got out on Lake Ontario and slow trolled Rapala hard baits behind the boat, both stickbaits and jointed ones. Didn't take long on the right stretch before I got the first and only fish for out outing but was well worth it. Here is my first brown and not my last, going to be doing this lot's more haha, was soo much fun.

Only had my frog rod but did it ever put it to work :P

Here's my PB and wicked fish

ScreenHunter_07Mar191650.jpg

Till next weekend's report comes

MTBF :)

nice fish! Time to invest in a survival suit if you are going to make a habit out of going out this time of year.

Ya I definitely wan't one man, I'll make due for the next little while but once work for me start's up I'll be grabbing one...after all the fall will be very long and full of trolling I hope!

As for the comment on the fish, this fish was great looking with a full belly still on it...Can't wait to get into some more of these fish as the trips pass by.

Actually I was only joking .. it could be an Atlantic .. but in that colour phase you really need to be counting pyloric cecae to know for sure ... and by then a live release is kinda out of the question :)

Edited by camillj