Sweet package in the mail today!!

danc

After returning home from Red Lake last night, I thoroughly enjoyed sleeping in today for the first time in two weeks. But things got even better when I got up today. A package was delivered to me from Dewalt. I had a feeling what was inside before I opened it, and I was right. It was my autographed Phaneuf jersey. Man, is it nice!!

dewalt1.jpg

dewalt2.jpg

dewalt3.jpg

There was another unexpected surprise inside the box as well.

dewalt4.jpg

So this is the first part of my contest win. I'll be flying to Toronto Friday, spending three nights at the Royal York, wearing my Phaneuf jersey to the Bruins game Saturday night, having drinks and wings with the nice folks from Dewalt at Real Sports before the game, meeting with Phaneuf at the ACC after the game, and flying home Monday.

Now I have a question for anyone that can answer. Can I bring a camera to the game and take pictures while I'm there? Or is there some sort of copyright law against this? I plan on bringing an slr with a big 70-300mm lens, so this is not something that I can hide in my back pocket. I wouldn't want to be turned back at the door with this hanging around my neck. Thanks..

I've had my camera in there a few times. never have been stopped or asked about it. Just walked in carrying it in plain view. If there is a stipulation about cameras or recording devices it would be printed on your tickets

Edited by Fang

The short answer about the camera is: It depends.

A point and shoot digital is not likely to be a problem at all. Although you are not supposed to take video with it.

SLRs and DSLRs, and the lenses in particular are looked at with much more scrutiny. Because you are part of a promo you may have a better chance to get in with a DSLR and long lens. The rep from the Leafs or the company involved in the promo should be able to help you with that. You'll get a special coloured band to put on you camera, or camera bag to say you're "checked-out" and good to go.

I have been to a couple of games as part of a special promo and went through this process. I have also gone to a game with a regular ticket and had my long lens put in a secure lock-up because it was deemed too long, but not every time :wallbash:. The security people, and then a MLSE rep when you complain, will tell you it is a league (NHL) policy, however when I've gone to Buffalo and Ottawa for games I've had no issues at all and have been told that it is the individual arenas to set the policy. In Buffalo the only thing I was told was that I was not allowed to use the Camera holes in the glass down in the corners that the pros use.

The choice is yours, but I say bring the big stuff and have a point and shoot has a back up.

Pregame warm-up from the penalty box November 2009

IMGP8895.jpg

IMGP8926.jpg

IMGP9082.jpg

Toscala stops Ovie in the shoot-out for a Leafs win.

IMGP9094.jpg

Leafs v Canucks October 2010

DSCF0513.jpg

Edited by kickingfrog

That is great information Brandon and Rob. I wouldn't feel too badly about having to put my lens in a secure lockup rather than being turned away at the door because of it. I have a nice little 40-150 lens thats not much bigger than my 14-42 that I can bring with me. I'll probably leave the 70-300 at the hotel. Thanks guys.

what happened to that big plan to meet at house of pancakes and have hordes of fans come in and ignore Dion in favor of Dan ???

Leafs GM Brian Burke screwed me out of that. With the recent playoff run, he put a "no public appearance" ban on the entire team. Maybe he's an OFC'er?? Anyways, I'm supposed to meet with Dion after the game in the ACC somewhere instead of the public meeting.

Leafs GM Brian Burke screwed me out of that. With the recent playoff run, he put a "no public appearance" ban on the entire team. Maybe he's an OFC'er?? Anyways, I'm supposed to meet with Dion after the game in the ACC somewhere instead of the public meeting.

Wow! Sounds weird to me. I know you'll have a good time Dan.

Fabulous !!! Have a great time Dan ... hope they kick butt ... Go LEAFS !!!! Make sure you bring your OFC cap so when they put you on TV we will all recognize ya :)

And yes, from what I know tons of the fans have cell phones with cameras going at all times ... I think the issue (as has been pointed out) is more with gerat big bulky cameras.

Edited by camillj

I don't watch hockey and have no idea who Phaneuf is Dan, but congrats on the win and it sounds like your gonna have a fun weekend.

And your definetely in for an eye opener heading from T-Bay to the Big Smoke and not necesarily in a good way :lol: