Habs - Bruins Game - Awful Hit

Leecher

When we go on our trip in September we are going to have to agree to no hockey talk! :)

Might get awful quiet. :thumbsup_anim:

Safer topics will include:

Religion

Politics

Money/banks

Topics to avoid:

hockey

tiller v consol

hockey

molson v labatts

hockey

brand x motor v brand y motor

hockey

Who's your favourite mod and why?

Hockey

Why Tigercat fans are hopeless :whistling:

Did I mention hockey? :stretcher:

:Gonefishing:

This is really hard to judge... I know almost any Chara hit I've seen looks the same with the left shoulder/arm shoving guys. That's essentially how he hits. It doesn't justify smoking a guy in to the turnbuckle but it makes me think he didn't intend to injure him, it's how he naturally throws guys in to the boards. I sure hope it wasn't intentional, I can't imagine too many guys thinking "I'd love to smoke this guys head right in to the post and break his neck"... As for Max, I just hope he can make a recovery and end up back in the NHL. He'll probably never play the same again sadly.

If you have ever played you know as well as I do that he knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

He should be out for as long as Max is, plus tax.

yup, 100%

and yeah that would be fair but it will never happen.

Look at the picture - it doesn't lie. It wasn't a shoulder hit. Chara DELIBERATELY used his hand to push the other player's head into the stanchion.

Chara deserves a Bertuzzi suspension.

Agreed 100%

He did push....nothing clean about it.

There will be no suspension:

Statement from NHL Sr. V.P. of Hockey Operations Mike Murphy on Chara hit

Wednesday, 03.09.2011 / 3:25 PM / News

NHL.com

TORONTO – National Hockey League Senior Vice President of Hockey Operations Mike Murphy today issued the following statement on Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara's hit in NHL game #996 last night against the Montreal Canadiens:

"I conducted a hearing with Boston Bruins' defenseman Zdeno Chara with respect to the major penalty for interference and game misconduct that he was assessed at 19:44 of the second period for a hit on Max Pacioretty of the Montreal Canadiens.

"After a thorough review of the video I can find no basis to impose supplemental discipline. This hit resulted from a play that evolved and then happened very quickly -- with both players skating in the same direction and with Chara attempting to angle his opponent into the boards. I could not find any evidence to suggest that, beyond this being a correct call for interference, that Chara targeted the head of his opponent, left his feet or delivered the check in any other manner that could be deemed to be dangerous.

"This was a hockey play that resulted in an injury because of the player colliding with the stanchion and then the ice surface. In reviewing this play, I also took into consideration that Chara has not been involved in a supplemental discipline incident during his 13-year NHL career."

I don't think he is gonna get a big suspension. In fact he may not even get one at all. The media have already dismissed this as a normal run of the mill rub you out of the play and finish your check with a very unfortunate ending.

Yah he rubbed him out, yah he probably rubbed him out into the turnbuckle on purpose but its been done a billion times before and never been suspendable.

I doubt he will get anything more than a 5 game suspension. My guess is he will not even get a suspension.

Chara needs to get his on the ice.

Good luck finding volunteers to take on that task... the man is not only huge, powerful and possessing a bit of a mean streak, he also practices Olympic style wrestling in the off season with his Czeck buddies... anyone remember the McCabe incident?

HH

Good luck finding volunteers to take on that task... the man is not only huge, powerful and possessing a bit of a mean streak, he also practices Olympic style wrestling in the off season with his Czeck buddies... anyone remember the McCabe incident?

HH

LOL Just like my grand daughter whiping around her drag doll. That was halarious.McCabe would go down,Chara lifted him back up to deliever more punishment. :lol:

Edited by Misfish

like i said, the only people that think it's dirty are habs fans... league officials included. :good:

Actually I am far from a Habs fan, but, I still think it was dirty, and, that he knew exactly what was going to happen. Oh, well...the decision has been made. Makes me laugh when I see the 10 game suspension that was handed out last week for a hit that was 1/10 as vicious. Chara has been walking a fine line lately, his will come...