Fishing Shows

manitoubass2

There are some good ones out there for sure. Some of these guys are multi species fishermen....they just know what they're doing. My favorite is probably Pete Maina... he comes here to fish with Marc Thorpe and sometimes even stops by my place for a chinwag and a bite to eat. Sometimes John Gillespie even shows up. These are probably the greatest muskie guys in the world. You might want to look for a video called "Day of the Giants". A 57" and a 58" in 30 minutes. They've got some really funny footage out there too! I'm just honoured to be able to call them friends.

And then a visit with me.....blew me away.

and he is coming back

Roy,your friendship is honored by many

I think I speak for all with this statement

I have to say, fished with many of em

Bob and Big Jim prob the most caring ,generous ones I know

Pete,just an awesome person and a gas to fish with

Gillespie and Mercer probably the 2 hardest working dudes in the business

Jp offers technical info like no other

Aaron most pleasant to be around and very dedicated to the resource

In a way they all are very special in their own way

Its what I have admired in each and every one of em

Edited by marc thorpe

Bob, is that the one with Binkelman?

I really don't remember.....I didn't buy it that often because I had a subscription to In-Fishermen....but they did give a LOT of detail for structure fishing before anyone else. I believe they used Buck Perry's theory a lot.

Bob

I really don't remember.....I didn't buy it that often because I had a subscription to In-Fishermen....but they did give a LOT of detail for structure fishing before anyone else. I believe they used Buck Perry's theory a lot.

Bob

Yeah, I think it was Bill Binkleman...not the same as the Babe. Babe was good too.

Yeah, I think it was Bill Binkleman...not the same as the Babe. Babe was good too.

Actually Babe Winkelman was a skirt chaser that's why his hot wife "Charlie" divorced him.....We use to make a weekend in Ohio at the HUGE Sportsmen show there...I think it was held at the IX Center that was at least 4 times the size of Buffalo's....we stayed at the Red Roof in Middlebury Hights and it's parking lot area was shared with another big hotel that had a night club. Babe was always there with what looked like 2 hookers, one under each arm as he left the one night....my cousin said, "look for Herpes sores on the mouth during his next show... :w00t:

This new wife Chris is..........errrrr not good looking at ALL.... :(

I remember Charlie coming to Buffalo to sign her cook book and all the guys were drewling over her as she was wearing a slimsly white low cut blouse while the twins were poking out. :worthy:

I will watch all fishing shows. I don't care. I do like some more than others. I love the PTTS series. Dave is the best fishing host for sure. Real fishing is great because Bob is the man. Any saltwater fishing shows are great. George Palmerano catches big fish. Linders are great. I even like those crazy Aussie shows where they randomly catch weird fish.

99% of todays fishing shows suck!!! The hosts are just schills for their sponsers and it shows.

With that said there are a few I can watch and enjoy. Shows like Sportfishing BC, Fishing WA, Alaska Outdoors (kinda biased on this one :whistling: ), I also like to watch Adventures North. :D

I can still watch Bob and the Linders, but what gets turned off immediately are any shows that have anything to do with bass!!! Don't have 'em up here and don't care if I ever fish 'em again. <_<

That putz Italo gets totally ignored and I won't even look to see what is on his show. :rolleyes:

I can't just pick one.... Facts of fishing, Jp Derose, Fish'n'Canada,Next bite, Musky hunter, Lindners angling edge,Lost lake ( it be alot better if it be a multi-species show tho not just bass ) , Real fishing, Canadian Sportsfishing and Big city fishing gets my attention also... There's one thing that bothers me tho when I watch a fishing show is that when you start watching a show and they start saying our guide, our guide, our guide.... blah blah whistling.gif I never used a guide... Don't wanna use one unless I would get invited by friends on a big charter or something, because it wouldnt be my fish it would be somebody else bringing us there wich in my book isnt called fishing, and I would definitely not take a guide to make a fishing show?? What does this say about the show? That the host can't find fish? worthy.gif Shows would be alot more interesting if they wouldn't use guides at all... If I'm watching a fishing show and they keep talking about our guide, our guide blah blah blahblah1.gif I ussually change channels Because it might as well be the Guide's fishing show not the hostswallbash.gif

The fun is finding the fish , it's not interessting if the host keeps talking about the spots they found and they have a guide whistling.gif haha Find your fish ! That's what fishing is all about! That's when I would watch even more fishing shows jerry.gif

Edited by AverageJoeFishing

Any body remember Weekend Fisherman with Frank Papineau.

Used to watch that one all the time Kelvin, it was a great show and really down to earth.

I also remember from the same time period there was a lady that had a pretty good show but can't think of her name...Monagan or Magnason, something like that ?? Seems to me she was also from the Ottawa area.

I can't just pick one.... Facts of fishing, Jp Derose, Fish'n'Canada,Next bite, Musky hunter, Lindners angling edge,Lost lake ( it be alot better if it be a multi-species show tho not just bass ) , Real fishing, Canadian Sportsfishing and Big city fishing gets my attention also... There's one thing that bothers me tho when I watch a fishing show is that when you start watching a show and they start saying our guide, our guide, our guide.... blah blah whistling.gif I never used a guide... Don't wanna use one unless I would get invited by friends on a big charter or something, because it wouldnt be my fish it would be somebody else bringing us there wich in my book isnt called fishing, and I would definitely not take a guide to make a fishing show?? What does this say about the show? That the host can't find fish? worthy.gif Shows would be alot more interesting if they wouldn't use guides at all... If I'm watching a fishing show and they keep talking about our guide, our guide blah blah blahblah1.gif I ussually change channels Because it might as well be the Guide's fishing show not the hostswallbash.gif

The fun is finding the fish , it's not interessting if the host keeps talking about the spots they found and they have a guide whistling.gif haha Find your fish ! That's what fishing is all about! That's when I would watch even more fishing shows jerry.gif

Are ya havin a ruff day there AJFmellow.gif I love the shows, but they make me crazy to get out there on softwater.whistling.gif

Fishing with John is my all=time favourite. He's done shows with Dennis Hopper, Matt Dillon, WillemDafoe and Tom Waits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUCuAgFjcM8&feature=autoplay&list=PLD13759ED87A71880&index=6&playnext=2

Tom catches a fish and puts it in his pants because he's depressed.

Edited by jediangler