Fishing Shows

manitoubass2

Thanks Chris, that's the lady I was thinking of. She had a pretty decent show for a couple years.

Way back in my foggy memory I seem I remember she was somehow caught up in all that trouble with Henry & Italo, but hopefully I'm wrong on that one.

Nope. She was an employee of Canadian Sportfishing and her show was created and produced by Italo.

As was there hunting show, Outdoor Sportsman with Dave Kraisosky.

I'm sorry, but there is only one great Canadian fishing show. Some have come close, but none equal Red Fisher and his tales.

I realize half the folks on this board weren't even a twinkle in their father's eyes when his show ran, but it featured not just the fishing but the great outdoors as a whole.

I'm sorry, but there is only one great Canadian fishing show. Some have come close, but none equal Red Fisher and his tales.

I realize half the folks on this board weren't even a twinkle in their father's eyes when his show ran, but it featured not just the fishing but the great outdoors as a whole.

I have to agree with this ^

And I'd probably pay to watch the show again, if they removed that background music and allowed us to hear what was actually said during the filming.

Having met "Red" a couple of times, I would guess that a show like that would probably be sequestered to late night viewing!

Language would have been colourful to say the least!

HH

I'm old enough to remember watching Red with my father and grandfather, is was a Sunday afternoon ritual for years.

Worst fishing show ever IMHO, couldn't stand it.... wallbash.gif

Fishing with John is my all=time favourite. He's done shows with Dennis Hopper, Matt Dillon, WillemDafoe and Tom Waits.

http://www.youtube.c...ex=6&playnext=2

Tom catches a fish and puts it in his pants because he's depressed.

YES!! I was going to post this! The very best. My fav is the the ice fishing with Willem Dafoe. So funny...

I like Angling Edge, minus the preachy stuff, Next Bite, FoF, Fishn' Canada

Shows that are tiresome:

Dimestore Fisherman - This guy excitedly talks too much. Why use one word when 30 is more? From the Wolf Blitzer school of Verbal Diarrhea.

Big City Fishing - Jamies' fine, it is just the Girl who appears totally out of her element. I wonder if that is Executive Producer Henry Waszczuk's Hire.

Getting schooled (J.P.'s) - The seemingly endless filler on this show("Lets check out Icast"...ten minutes later...Icast, "Lets take it to the water"...ten minutes later...actual fishing, repeat, repeat, repeat.

Cheers,

Mark

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

If I had to pick one it would be the Linders et al because they always seemed to lead the industry in cutting edges techniques for ALL species of fish.

The rest of the pack are just talking heads for their sponsors who spend 99% of their airtime bass angling.

Stay Tooned...

100% fishing (sure we want to learn new things, but we also want to be multi-species entertained). If you want details on the how, where and with what... you can go to the website if you choose.

All in the works.

But, I vote for the Linders for best ever.. simply because they are multi-species and do most of it on their own.

You got that right!!!!

I wish it was still running.

I blame Red for me living where I do. <_<

If it wasn't for Red doing all those awesome shows about Great Bear Lake and all of his other great locations I might not even be into fishing. Darn you Red!!!! You cost me a freaking fortune!!!!!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Red Fisher like his booze... :whistling:... that's why he always had those binoculars with him...it was his flask.......he showed everyone on his last show how the eye lense screwed off and he drank from them.

Red Fisher like his booze... :whistling:... that's why he always had those binoculars with him...it was his flask.......he showed everyone on his last show how the eye lense screwed off and he drank from them.

The man was a pioneer, he invented beer googles too.

I catch myself watching shows like the Next bite, Musky hunter, simply fishing, lost lake, linders fishing edge, extreme angler. If you can look past the endorsements, I like these kind of shows better than others because they seem to concentrate more on technique and patterns. I like the tourny shows too besides that guy that commentates and does those hardcore Berkley plugs, I don't think it gets worse then him.. "just tie-on your berkley flikr shad people, throw it out there and if there's fish in the lake, you will catch them folks, a lot of them, and have a GREAT day fishing. Make sure you get a bunch of colours to try and see whats working to maximize your time on the water, increase your chances to win BIG money and have a great day on the water". I know from first hand knowledge Bob Izumi is a great guy and I'm proud he's been in the spotlight for so many years. Can't stand Fish TV or Italo's show. Mercer throws one endorsed product all show and the show is seriously lacking the technical side but is a good guy to promote the industry to newcomers. The more technical shows get the nod for sure.

Like most other people, I tend to enjoy the shows that focus on technical aspects and teach rather than shows that just show fish being caught(often with the help of a guide) but offer no redeeming knowledge.

My favs are:

Linders et al - IMO the best, most informative fishing shows ever made. I am not a religious man so the last segment doesn't interest me much, but the rest of it is the most polished, informative fishing show currently on the air.

Lost Lake - I enjoy seeing the pros breakdown a new body of water.

The Next Bite - The walleye shows are really good but the Musky episodes are amazing.

Musky Hunter - Great tips and info. I am hoping to attend Musky University one of these years

Real Fishing w/ Bob Izumi - Not as informative as the shows on my list but I have been watching Bob since I was a kid and he really is the greatest ambassador for fishing in Canada.

Classic Patterns - Good technique specific knowledge.

I am not going to post the shows I dislike because last time I did that I had the hosts of the shows come into the thread to defend their shows which is......:whistling:

personally my fav is fly max. great show, they dont pound you with sponsors and theres not a whole lot of talking.. great camera work too..it does help when april vokey is on. love that chick!!

i cant stand fish tv..... "NICE FISH BUD!" " NICE ONE BUD" " THATS A PIG BUD!" "WOW BUD!"

Here's a new show coming out this spring.

looks decent but I'll probably not watch someone get so enthusiastic over 4-10lb fish. Looks like he'll be promoting the blue zone.

fav show would have to be Gillznfinz but fav Canadian show would likely be Big Coast.

Edited by nomad

personally my fav is fly max. great show, they dont pound you with sponsors and theres not a whole lot of talking.. great camera work too..it does help when april vokey is on. love that chick!!

:thumbsup_anim:

Yup, wicked camera work with little to no talk....April helps too!

TDunn

Edited by TDunn

Similar to others -- I like the Lindners Fishing Edge and In Fisherman shows. I also enjoy some of the Canadian shows -- Fishfull Thinking, Fishin Canada, Bob, and Canadian Sportfishing. However, the Lindners get much more indepth with their techniques and specifics...Charlie does more than some of the others also.

On the negative side -- I like Extreme Angler at times, but I really enjoy Mark Kulic, and he isn't on much anymore. Also, I find the cameras change around way too much...hard to watch. I don't like Going fishing...very limited techniques...I get bored watching people catch 1.5lb walleye one after the other on their free trip up north.

Not a big salt water fan...my 2 cents.

Used to watch that one all the time Kelvin, it was a great show and really down to earth.

I also remember from the same time period there was a lady that had a pretty good show but can't think of her name...Monagan or Magnason, something like that ?? Seems to me she was also from the Ottawa area.

Yes I know what you are saying Lew, Use to get lots of info off that Show, Another Show was Inline Fisherman I believe it was called With Steve & Gus Jojo's, Leo's x partner from his Fish TV show that The other guy is now running with him in it. Can not stand that show... Still miss Old Red though,, What a hoot he was Drunk or Sobber

I like the new fly fisher with bill spicer or some of the other hosts. I learn a tonne in each episode and if its an episode on an area of water i plan to fish in the near future i save it on the pvr so i can review it again. Maybe its cause i am new to fly fishing and still suck but they break it down nicely. Like flymax for the pure fishing aspect.