Some Pics from 05 Flyin

Whopper

Here's a few pics on our return flight to base camp after a week of fishing at Whiteclay Lake which is northwest of Armstrong

WhiteClay05032.jpg

WhiteClay05036.jpg

WhiteClay05037.jpg

WhiteClay05038.jpg

WhiteClay05039.jpg

WhiteClay05040.jpg

WhiteClay05041.jpg

Heading into a thunderstorm at base camp, just beat the rain after off loading gear.

WhiteClay05049.jpg

Some pics of fish from the trip

WhiteClay05011.jpg

WhiteClay05001-1.jpg

WhiteClay05003.jpg

WhiteClay05020.jpg

Sat and watched a cow moose and her baby feed in the water one morning

WhiteClay05012.jpg

WhiteClay05014.jpg

WhiteClay05013.jpg

Yes I have cabin fever

Whopper

Cool! I've got fond memories of Whiteclay and that very camp.

When soloing through there a few years back a group of guys from Ohio staying at that outpost befriended me and invited me over for a steak dinner and some cold beers :D

Good times, they were a great bunch of guys.

Great shots to help jump start me on a cooler than usual day. Did those dark gold walleyes come from deep water?

Thanks TG, most of the walleyes caught that week were in depths from 10 to 25 feet. Some were gold and some were silver and black or green and black, if you notice the one pic I have blue residue on my white tshirt from a few that were caught.

That pike had been harassing my buddy and bit him off twice fishing for eyes before I put the whammy on him. Wasn't a big fish but I called him and my bud couldn't believe it.

Lew they could drop me off and leave me there for a whole summer and it wouldn't bother me one bit.

Oh by the way this is one of the lakes that solepaddler has went through on at least one of his journeys.

Whopper

sorry solo you were replying while I was typing

Edited by Whopper

Great stuff Phil, thanks for posting that. Now I can't wait for the 3rd weekend in May, but I still have some ice fishing left, and a few steelhead trips, maybe an ice out(or still in) speck fishing trip to last me until then.