Hello OFN!

Fisherpete

Hi guys and gals,

It's been a while since I have posted, and since I have fished for that matter (over 2 months, yikes!)

There are many reasons for this, including some drastic changes at work, but more importantly, because of my biggest catch of the year...

On October 28th my son Tyler arrived weighing a healthy 7lbs 5oz! He's awesome... I'll let the pictures tell the story.

_MG_0026.jpg

_MG_0041.jpg

DSCF0177.jpg

DSCF0197.jpg

DSCF0309.jpg

DSCF0312.jpg

DSCF0460.jpg

DSCF0478.jpg

DSCF0494.jpg

It's been wonderful having a new member in our family.

That being said, I did manage to get out today on Simcoe for some ice fishing out of Gilford! Perching was ok, decent numbers but very small average size. Who cares - it was awesome getting out, and the weather was perfect to boot. 4 or 5 inches of solid black ice everywhere we went, with another inch or two of white ice on top. Saw 5 or 6 snowmobiles booting around, and a few ATV's too... a bit too early for that in my opinion, but that's how it goes.

Anyways, great to be back, I'll be posting ice fishing reports as they happen! Can't wait for the whiteys and lakers to start!

ps One of these days when I have some time I'll post my 2010 season in review... it was my best ever and one to remember! Lotsa great pics, from ice to panfish, big cats to 100+ muskies... stay tuned!

Edited by Fisherpete