Lost my wallet..** UPDATE FOUND!!**

Muskieman

Lost my wallet..

This is the first thing I remember losing since my virginity, other than countless fishing lures. :wallbash:

I searched high and low for it and so did my wife... I retraced my steps from yesterday and to no avail.

Now, I went to get a temporary driver's permit, bought my 2011 fishing tag and ordered a new Outdoors Card and temporarily suspended my Credit Cards. Went to get a new ATM card.

At the provincial level all went well... :good:

Now I'm legal.

I'm gonna give this another 24 hours before I go to the federal side.

Operators Card, SIN, Birth Cert, etc...

What am I forgetting?

Has this ever happened to you?

Randy

:canadian:

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

Randy, I hear you. One thing I learned is to photocopy/scan everything front and back.

It happened to me, I looked everywhere I could possibly look, then I went for replacements, My health card wasn't in it and haven't had SIN card for ages, It's in my memory. The rest of the stuff was simple.

After going over what I may have happened I figured it out. I came home and put my wallet on the coffee table on top of previous day's newspaper; I finished reading that day's paper and put it on top of my wallet, since it was recycle day I wrapped every thing up and into the blue box it all went. York Region boys told me they would look for it just in case :wallbash: :wallbash:

Hope it turns up.

Wow, that really sucks.

As a friendly tip to you and others - you should NEVER, NEVER, EVER carry your SIN card in your wallet.

If you lose it, thieves have everything they need to steal your identity. Conceivably, they can now become you. SIN number is a key document that should be in a safe at home.

Sure, you have cancelled your current cards, but there is nothing stopping someone from getting another one. They can also open cell phone accounts and countless others.

I suggest calling Transunion and Equifax to alert them to stop any credit bureaus and not issue a report until the requestor verifies identity of the applicant.

I lost mine a couple of months back. About 48 hours later I got a knock at my door and some guy handed it to me. I'd dropped it in a convenience store parking lot. It was short the $60 or so I had in it when I lost it, and it had clearly been gone through...all the stuff not where I normally keep it. I was still happy as heck to get it back. I offered to give the guy a reward, but he declined. It's possible he's the one who liberated the cash from it, but it was still good of him to bring it to me.

Hope you get it back.

Edited by Fishnwire

Sorry to hear that Randy. Couldnt have happened to a nicer guy. I was stupid and left my wallet in my trucl one night. Some little bugger broke in stole all the change from the ashtray and scopped my wallet. I had a knock at the door from the local police. They had a ziplock bac full of wallets and cards. I had to go thru the bag and pick out what was my stuff. They found all the wallets on somones front lawn 2 blocks down in the snow. I got everything back except for all my credit cards. I was able to cancell them b4 they were able to use them. Good Luck Randy. Hope it turns up for ya

Lost my wallet..

I'm gonna give this another 24 hours before I go to the federal side.

Operators Card, SIN, Birth Cert, etc...

What am I forgetting?

:canadian:

Unfortunately the federal government won't be able to help you with your operators card. You will need to contact the private company that gave you the card in the first place. If you can'f find them you will probably have to take the test over again. The government doesn't keep any records on the cards... wonderful system :angry: