Perhaps this is why Chrysler is in trouble...

Gerritt

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="video" width="600" height="490" data="http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/video/videoplayer.swf?dppversion=4350"><param'>http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/video/videoplayer.swf?dppversion=4350"><param value="http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/video/videoplayer.swf?dppversion=4350" name="movie"/><param value="&skin=MP1ExternalAll-MFL.swf&embed=true&adSizeArray=300x240&adSrc=http%3A%2F%2Fad%2Edoubleclick%2Enet%2Fadx%2Ftsg%2Ewjbk%2Fnews%2Fdetail%3Bdcmt%3Dtext%2Fxml%3Bpos%3D%3Btile%3D2%3Bfname%3Dchrysler%2Dauto%2Dworkers%2Dbusted%5F20100923%5Fdk%3Bloc%3Dembed%3Bsz%3D320x240%3Bord%3D4799641867486382%3Frand%3D0%2E3745209634089707&flv=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emyfoxdetroit%2Ecom%2Ffeeds%2FoutboundFeed%3FobfType%3DVIDEO%5FPLAYER%5FSMIL%5FFEED%26componentId%3D133351983&img=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia2%2Emyfoxdetroit%2Ecom%2F%2Fphoto%2F2010%2F09%2F23%2F640480swigincar%5F20100923070730%5F640%5F480%2EJPG&story=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emyfoxdetroit%2Ecom%2Fdpp%2Fnews%2Fchrysler%2Dauto%2Dworkers%2Dbusted%5F20100923%5Fdk&category=news&title=5P%2DCHRYSLER%2DWORKERS%2DUPDATE&oacct=foximfoximwjbk,foximglobal&ovns=foxinteractivemedia" name="FlashVars"/><param value="all" name="allowNetworking"/><param value="always" name="allowScriptAccess"/></object>

Edited by Gerritt

Ya gotta wonder sometimes Eh?...

Especially with the U.S economy as it is...You'd think people wouldn't risk a good paying job by drinking at work and not waiting until after their shift..to drink a little drink and smoke a little smoke.. :dunno:

I know I do.

Randy

:canadian:

Ya gotta wonder sometimes Eh?...

Especially with the U.S economy as it is...You'd think people wouldn't risk a good paying job by drinking at work and not waiting until after their shift..to drink a little drink and smoke a little smoke.. :dunno:

I know I do.

Randy

:canadian:

Its impossible to get fired from the CAW or UAW. Trust me I seen guys push it to the max and still have their jobs. Getting laid off......well thats another story LOL.

Because its a huge brain buster working like a monkey on an assembly line...

Give it a break guys.

Talk to anyone you know @ GM and they'll tell you the guys who do coke on the line get the over time shifts...... because when you are high/drunk that boring crap is fun....

Don't get me started on construction workers.... and I mean we all trust our lives daily to things built by construction workers...

Everyone's just mad that their job sucks more and they get paid less.... I know I am!!!!!

Just so you guys know... These guys didn't manufacture the parts (they just assemble them like Lego) and they also had no dealings with the science behind the automobile they are building...

Do you want the guy who takes your trash to have a university degree?

My father has been a diehard Mopar fan since the fifties. He has never bought anything but Mopar products. I have asked him numerous times why he continues to buy them, I think they are junk. He has a Dakota truck that needed new brakes all the way around after 4000km. The reason for this from the dealer was he doesn't drive it enough. He has a new top of the line mini van that needed a new rear end after only one week of ownership. The dealers response was the rearend was missing a part on inspection. Maybe his vans rearend was put together by the guy puffing on the lefty at lunch. I can't wait to show him this video clip. He's an ex military man that has no use for people that abuse drugs and alcohol. This is not an isolated case in the manufacturing industry. Society has gotten pretty pathetic hasn't it.

Well I am a construction worker, and I do not drink on the job.. In fact to do so would be foolish given I use power tools all day. Don't get me wrong I like my beer.. but when I get home! Given the inherent dangers of being a carpenter, one must have his wits about him... and Alcohol/drugs dulls those wits pretty quickly.

If I caught any of my employees drinking/doping on the job, their next job would standing in line at the HRDC looking for a new one.

G

My father has been a diehard Mopar fan since the fifties. He has never bought anything but Mopar products. I have asked him numerous times why he continues to buy them, I think they are junk. He has a Dakota truck that needed new brakes all the way around after 4000km. The reason for this from the dealer was he doesn't drive it enough. He has a new top of the line mini van that needed a new rear end after only one week of ownership. The dealers response was the rearend was missing a part on inspection. Maybe his vans rearend was put together by the guy puffing on the lefty at lunch. I can't wait to show him this video clip. He's an ex military man that has no use for people that abuse drugs and alcohol. This is not an isolated case in the manufacturing industry. Society has gotten pretty pathetic hasn't it.

Just because someones high they forget to put a part on.... I'm sure it wouldn't happen to someone who's just bored doing the same repetitive task over and over again.... that couldn't happen eh?

Has to be the drugs.

Also... what about Quality Assurance? They don't ask the guy screwing nut A on bolt B to make sure the car is 100% at the end of the line...

come on...

I can ensure you this is not exclusive to Chrysler and is more wide spread than you may think at all levels of employment!

Just because the manufacturer is in the U.S. doesn't mean it isn't occurring in you own back yard folks. Drugs and Alcohol has long been the choice substance/beverage of the overwhelmed masses world wide for many years in the past and I am sure in to the future...

Art

, one must have his wits about him... and Alcohol/drugs dulls those wits pretty quickly.

G

Especially in your case..... :tease::tease:

When I was a young foreman in the landscape industry, my crew, (45 - 60 year old men), would have some of their homemade wine with lunch. I asked my employer about it and he said to ignore it. These were men who did the best work I have ever seen. Sometimes it just is the way it is.

Now we need to worry about them smoking crack. That is the line that I draw.

Especially in your case..... :tease::tease:

When I was a young foreman in the landscape industry, my crew, (45 - 60 year old men), would have some of their homemade wine with lunch. I asked my employer about it and he said to ignore it. These were men who did the best work I have ever seen. Sometimes it just is the way it is.

Now we need to worry about them smoking crack. That is the line that I draw.

how about the oxie's ? * (hillbilly heroin)

Just because the manufacturer is in the U.S. doesn't mean it isn't occurring in you own back yard folks. Drugs and Alcohol has long been the choice substance/beverage of the overwhelmed masses world wide for many years in the past and I am sure in to the future...

Art

I know for a fact the GM workers love to go skiing while on shift.

Every once in a while, the employer gets back in a big way. I've sent numerous fellas packing when i've caught them soused on a jobsite. Drunks operating equipment are a hazard to everyone on site. And when house starts are slow, contractor crews are dime a dozen.

In reference to plant substance abuse. The Scarborough van plant had to be one of the worst facilities on record. The union dug it's heels in and refused to address the problem. Any vehicle built on a Friday or Monday was a lemon. There was also a practice called red-balling that employees were engaged in. A red ball on the dash meant the vehicle was due for some "special attention". In the end the plant was shut down and a lot of jobs were lost.

and these same guys cry when they lose their jobs...they made north america the most expensive place to produce anything...go cry to a union rep about ANYTHING, go cry wolf to a doctor and get a letter for light duty or stay at home, steal as much as they can, claim a drug problem(when they get caught) and get paid for it, have the union fight for max benefits and sick/vacay days so they can stay at home, abuse the system any way possible...

what a JOKE

my old man worked in the ON auto industry his whole life...I grew up around this...I worked epoxy flooring through college, GM, honda alliston plant, ford, did big jobs in all of them....I've worked the plants in the summer....obviously there are guys that work hard and it's a shame they get looked at in this manner...but factories have the worst work ethic I've ever been exposed to

and these same guys cry when they lose their jobs...they made north america the most expensive place to produce anything...go cry to a union rep about ANYTHING, go cry wolf to a doctor and get a letter for light duty or stay at home, steal as much as they can, claim a drug problem(when they get caught) and get paid for it, have the union fight for max benefits and sick/vacay days so they can stay at home, abuse the system any way possible...

what a JOKE

my old man worked in the ON auto industry his whole life...I grew up around this...I worked epoxy flooring through college, GM, honda alliston plant, ford, did big jobs in all of them....I've worked the plants in the summer....obviously there are guys that work hard and it's a shame they get looked at in this manner...but factories have the worst work ethic I've ever been exposed to

These guys are funny.Im glad the union didnt protect them this time.looks good on them.I often wonder why the unions are so tollerable with loosers. It seems the unions are for the lazy people anymore. Im in the trades (non union)and I can honestly say I have never seen anything like this before. There was this one time when the road in front of my house was torn apart being replaced. The guys installing the new gas lines up to the houses were all drinking while on the job and were not afraid to show it! I called the city right quickly and reported them.. The city offical was there within minutes. Then followed the local police!!! The police had them leave the site. As they drove away there was about 6 beer cans right under the truck. Unreal. I wonder if any of them were charged with impared as they were using all kinds of equiptment.

I know for a fact the GM workers love to go skiing while on shift.

You were a little vague so I am guessing you mean Coke if I am wrong then it does not make sense to me... Lots of people do coke it has nothing to do with GM. Drugs and alcohol have no boundaries It will mess up the Millionaires life just as it does the Factory workers life on both sides of the borders. Don't do drugs is a good mantra in my book.Use alcohol responsibly works also.

Art

Edited by aplumma