Mushroom Harvest

Dozer

Well, 'tis the season.

Been cleaning mushrooms for the last 6 hours which were harvested this morning. So many mushrooms we had to stop picking them. Back to the cutting board, not looking forward to back pain tomorrow but its well worth it.

Anyone else finding unusally high numbers of 'shrooms this year? We've been twice so far and hitting some serious loads, todays hunt yeilded 5 bucket fulls ( between two people ) of superb quality, fresh, firm fungi. The weekenders are sure going to be disappointed, haha.

for some reason.... mushrooms and ice fishing seem to go hand in hand... not that I have ever tried it...G

haha...isn't that true

anybody ever hear of fire morels?

grow in coniferous forests but they explode in burn paths following the 1-2 yrs after a fire....I'm not the biggest fan of shrooms in my food but these things are amazing and if you can't find any to pick IMO worth splurging at least once in your life to try them at a restaurant

Honey mushrooms.Yum.

Honey mushrooms are like N. American shitakkes. Very fine edibles!

Many, many excellent mushrooms to be found with a little research. Chantrelles are abundant and found in the early fall. Also Black Trumpets, Ceps, Sweet Tooth, Blewit and on and on this time of year.