Mice !!!!

walleyejack

Anyone have an idea how to keep mice from chewing my boat cover up? 2yrs ago they built a nice nest up front where my trolling battery goes,last year they returned and chewed a hole in the cover and chewed the crap out of one of the seats. Mothballs any good ?

I park it at a farm out back in winter. Any ideas would be appreciated

I store my boat outside as well. I wrap it up tight and put small mesh bags with moth balls throughout the boat. I use a lot of them. I also put a lot of bounce sheets in the boat as well - mice apparently hate the smell. Done this for two years and no mice !

Mothballs didn't work for me last winter when I used them with poison sticks to try to keep a car mouse-free. I'll be following this thread -- hopefully I won't be pulling the whole vent/heating system out again next spring...

I stored my last boat inside a barn for 9 winters and a bowl of mothballs on the floor kept it completely critter free.

I know another fella that stored his covered boat outside a couple years back and the interior was completely destroyed by racoons.....carpets, seats, upholstery and wooden floor.

Fox pee, douse a couple of cotton balls and lay them in an empty tin can. someone told me once a couple of dime store rubber snakes do wonders.

I used Fox Pee in my garden for years to keep coons & squirrels out of my sweet corn. I read about it in a gardening magazine once and gave it a try. Works better then anything else I tried to keep coons and squirrels out of my corn. I imagine it would have the same effect on mice.

Occasionally after several "pops" I would just go and whizz it the corn patch myself, but that's a whole other topic of conversation :whistling:

Moths have Balls ??? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: It seems the ones down South don't have them but I guess they could ...never really checked.

A bag of charcoal with a few holes in the top will get rid of odor and humidity. The bounce sheets works here just make sure you put them inside of the boxes, under the motor cowel and in the main area so they cant find a scent free place to set up house.

Art