Barrie Police Boat

NAW

Same thing that would happen if they wrote off a cruiser

Ah yes,I believe I heard of such a case today.7 DAYS SUSPENTION WITH NO PAY.LMAO.

The charge was for stunt driving. :dunno:

Edited by BrianB

The new adventures of the Keystone cops? Cops investigate the public, the public should be allowed to investigate the cops.

But,,,,it would be a ,,,,,,,,We,ll get ya back.

The days of the good cop are gone. You know,the ones that would talk to ya and work it out and say ok,dont let me see you again.Now it,s just power trip cops.Here anyways.Guess they recruit what ever they can these days.

Same thing that would happen if they wrote off a cruiser

My BIL did that I believe. In fact I think he pranged up two cruisers in one year. Then they made him a desk sergeant. Seemed safer I guess. :clapping:

JF

Under the highway traffic act an insecure load is a minimum 6 points on the driver's license. NSC 10 , which is the regulation for load securement, clearly outlines the minimum requirements for a secure load. Any load must have a minimum working load limit of 0.8g to resist forward movement, .5 g backward, .2 g upward and .5 g side to side (1 g = the weight of the load). The operator is requiired to check and verify load securement at the time the do their pre trip inspection, and every 3 hours or 50 km thereafter. A secondary means of securement is required on several types of load securement.

Cleary these guys didn't do any of the above, and from a guy who has been in the provincial court defending due diligence cases - I'd like to see them defend this one.

Charges under the Police Services Act may be more punishing from an employment perspective, but IMO charges should be laid under the HTA, and, assuming this vehicle was over 4500 kg GVW, against the CVOR of the Police Force, as it is a CMV. Most transport companies would terminate a driver who was so negligent.

I remember a few years ago when flying wheels were an issue and the MTO's sanding truck lost a set of duals while out on duty. Didn't hear much fall out after that one either

As a guy who has spent the last 30 years ensuring my vehicles and drivers are safe and exceed the requirements, I'm fed up with seeing OPP and local police put on lights and sirens as a way to get back to the office at 150 K + so they can clock out, ignore the rules of the road because it is inconvenient and then blast someone who makes a rolling stop at an interection when no one -- other than them hiding in a bush 200 meters away -- was around. I'm not saying that all officers are like this - but I see enough of them that I feel its an issue. And these guys in Barrie - well they need to be hung out to dry -- cause they sure can't handle something that goes in the water whistling.gif

OK soap box, down 1 step, 2 step....

going to have a beer now and rest, well vented.....

Lol! The picture of the boat was on front page of the Advance yesterday. They had righted the boat by then so it looked like it just slipped off the trailer but I had a closer look at it and you can see the console is messed up. Must have rolled.

I will try and get the pic scanned.

She must not have rolled all the way over, or those blue lights would be smashed. But the railing around the front is all messed up on the starboard side, and the console as a good lean goin on.. Notice the clump of sod on the motor!

What do you guys think. Write off?? Another $25000 down the drain?? I would think if the fiberglass hull, and rubber is still good, they should be able to repair it for less the $25000..

I guess it also depends on the motor, and if it hit anything during the crash..

Edited by F-is-H

This quote is a load of crap!

"the rear safety straps released causing the boat to fall onto the street."

I'm not even sure that, that is possible? Especially if the safety chain was attached as Wayne already mentioned.

maybe they should take the boater exam again lol

Unfortunately, I don't think that would do them any good for the correct way to attach a boat to a trailer, then trailer it from point A to B without destroying the boat..

Edited by F-is-H

not sure what happened but am glad every one is Ok and they did not have a live well full of fish to go bad all over the road <_<

Not to change the subject and I am one to fully support the OPP Local Police and MNR to be out there but they need some MAJOR training for safe boating. I will try and make this a short story.

Two seasons ago I was up at Lakair with a bunch of ONFers we were heading for shore lunch with Kevin (he was in his own boat) and had just talked to the MNR and OPP they were in a boat just ahead of us the boat I was in was Brand new well the OPP boat comes right over to use at a high rate of speed he could not stop we had my self my daughter My VERY OLD friend and his young wife on his boat I had to lean way out over the boat to try and stop this OPP from bashing us it did not stop them all the way I did hurt my back and yes it was stupid to try and stop them but they turned around and came in to us very fast again I was not pleased at all WTH were they trying to prove? I could under stand if they saw us breaking the law or trying to run away we were stopped to wait for them to pass by in a narrow section of the lake.

Sorry for the rant I like to see them out there but feel that they need to have some major training before getting out on the water.

The days of the good cop are gone. You know,the ones that would talk to ya and work it out and say ok,dont let me see you again.Now it,s just power trip cops.Here anyways.Guess they recruit what ever they can these days.

Guess we have the last of the good ones here then, in the ten years we've lived here I haven't had any issues. I have always been treated in a polite friendly manner. Even when Sue got a ticket just after we moved here (she was doing 85 in what she thought was an 80 zone), turned out she was actually in a 60 zone, they reduced it to 10 over.

Last spring I had an incident with my ATV: Riding two up, (not allowed) Riding on a public road (not allowed), my helmit was sitting on my front rack, (my bad) my wallet was sitting on my dresser in the house with my license, insurance, and registration in it. I got stopped not 20 yards from my driveway, I hate to think what those fines could have totled but instead, we had a nice chat and I was told not to do it again!

Sure glad I live in the Kawarthas!

maybe they should take the boater exam again lol

I don't want to beat up on these officers anymore than they already have been. But I wondering if they have boating cards or are exempt from them. I realize that wouldn't of help in this situation.

Here in NYS the police officers don't have to wear seat belts like the rest of us must by law. Makes no sense and again our law makers making laws that say do as I say not as I do. I have always had a problem with that, believing in lead by example.

not sure what happened but am glad every one is Ok and they did not have a live well full of fish to go bad all over the road <_<

Not to change the subject and I am one to fully support the OPP Local Police and MNR to be out there but they need some MAJOR training for safe boating. I will try and make this a short story.

Two seasons ago I was up at Lakair with a bunch of ONFers we were heading for shore lunch with Kevin (he was in his own boat) and had just talked to the MNR and OPP they were in a boat just ahead of us the boat I was in was Brand new well the OPP boat comes right over to use at a high rate of speed he could not stop we had my self my daughter My VERY OLD friend and his young wife on his boat I had to lean way out over the boat to try and stop this OPP from bashing us it did not stop them all the way I did hurt my back and yes it was stupid to try and stop them but they turned around and came in to us very fast again I was not pleased at all WTH were they trying to prove? I could under stand if they saw us breaking the law or trying to run away we were stopped to wait for them to pass by in a narrow section of the lake.

Sorry for the rant I like to see them out there but feel that they need to have some major training before getting out on the water.

The 2 MNR guys a few weeks ago on Lake Erie scratched my boat, they came in way too fast and did not put bumpers out until the boats were already touching. I tried to stop their boat but it was too heavy. I bit my tongue and they were super nice guys it was just that they did not respect my boat. I must also add that that is the first time the MNR has ever not been perfect around me and my boat. We have been checked a billion times and they are always nice friendly and good with taking care of the boats.

Edited by Grimace

I guess in the other mishap, police are exempt to use the tether cord. I feel so much safer now that we are being patrolled by the Canada's best Keystones :thumbsup_anim: . I'm good to go now because I have my operators card :clapping: . I wonder if they paid there Eco-fee for all the hazardous waste.

Seems to be a lot off exemptions here.

I got checked by the OPP last week on the river. They were very courteous and just wanted to make sure my paperwork was in order and that we had lifejackets that FIT. I had my 11 yr old nephew with me. I didn't have my vessell registration with me and played dumb and handed him my trailer registration. He explained what I needed and where to get it if I didn't have it. While the cop doing the talking was explaining things one of the others was writing like crazy. I asked him what he was writing and he said just general information. I was going to ask why there was for full time cops on board but thought I better not press my luck. We were drifting towards a submerged rock pile that I was about to fish when they rolled in and I told them and they were not aware of it and thanked me for telling them and they backed out and were gone. They didn't even mention the fine for not having my vessell registration but I have it in my boat now.

Guest Johnny Bass

I’m really not one to rant, especially about the Police. I have a ton of respect for police officers, and actually would like to be one some day.

HOWEVER..

Barrie Police just wrote off their THIRD boat in under 1 year!!!

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2668838

No wonder my tax keeps rising living in Barrie..

It has not been confirmed that the boat was written off, but I would imagine a rigid haul fiberglass boat can’t handle being dropped on an asphalt road.

If your taxes are going up in Barrie? I assure you, it has absolutely nothing to do with the Barrie police.lol Accidents do happen and although this particular case seems like it can be blamed on ONE officer's negligence? It does not reflect on the entire Barrie police force.

Why all the hate towards cops on the board lately? We've all met our fair share of bad cops, but I've personally met many good cops too. Like I said in last years post. Try walking a mile in their shoes and you will understand why some are the way that they are.