Did a bear leave this ??

lew

Ask T.J. find out if he was in your neck of the woods.

Art

Oh the meaning"yer going to burn in hell for that one" comes to mind. :tease:

Dont get me wrong,that was too funny not to laugh at. :clapping::clapping:

Guess I,ll be meeting down there now to Art. :angel:

Edited by BrianB

Looks like Bear scat to me Lew. We had it (of all places!) on the deck beside our bedroom window! last year. It appeared on several occasions. I washed it away, and it was back within a few days. Strangest thing we ever could of imagined. It was full of berries and such.

Nothing this year.

More than likely bear dung...As for the deer poop bucks dung looks more like a solid pile and the doe dung looks like larger size pellets so if thats a buck its gonna be a big one and seeing that you have a good population of deer there it wouldn't suprise me if you have a big buck or two hanging around in the area...

Cheers !

Billy is correct.

I've seen nuggets like that in the rouge valley in north scarborough.. unless there is a population of bears living in the rouge i'd say its a large buck.

http://books.google.ca/books?id=k4oLmXx80jIC&pg=PA15&lpg=PA15&dq=buck+scat&source=bl&ots=ki5SCXz38t&sig=Py35CBNc33KTkB-i48t_9NI1FtA&hl=en&ei=T27sS8DQKIOKlwf4rei0CA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBQQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=buck%20scat&f=false

Edited by Shore_Lunch

Wife came home from work and I made a nice spaghetti dinner for both of us leaving my computer terminal for about 2 - 2.5 hours only to return and find 32 email notice about a bear that shiat in the woods....think about that...LOL...now did I tell you the joke with the pope...LOL

BTW...AGAIN I will guarantee that is NOT deer droppings.I don't care how much you taste it and or like it it's not venison. :whistling:

Bob

I was out on the lake earlier today and just got back in awhile ago and was surprised to see this thread still going strong, but lots of good opinions here along with the links.

I'm no expert on animal poop but I'm still going with a bear just from the shape and size of the droppings, which are actually much larger than they appear in my original picture.

Someone mentioned possibly a dog but I've owned dogs my entire life, including a very big St. Bernard and nothing compares to this. I've never seen a coyote big enuff for it either, but I spose it could be a large wolf but to be honest I don't even know if we have wolves around here....15 miles north of Peterboro. I've been hanging around these parts for more than 50 years and have never seen a wolf. I did hear alot of howling after sunset last night, which isn't uncommon, but I'm pretty sure it was a bunch of coyotes.

Anyways, it makes for an interesting discussion, thanks for everyones opinions.

Guest gbfisher

I was out on the lake earlier today and just got back in awhile ago and was surprised to see this thread still going strong, but lots of good opinions here along with the links.

I'm no expert on animal poop but I'm still going with a bear just from the shape and size of the droppings, which are actually much larger than they appear in my original picture.

Someone mentioned possibly a dog but I've owned dogs my entire life, including a very big St. Bernard and nothing compares to this. I've never seen a coyote big enuff for it either, but I spose it could be a large wolf but to be honest I don't even know if we have wolves around here....15 miles north of Peterboro. I've been hanging around these parts for more than 50 years and have never seen a wolf. I did hear alot of howling after sunset last night, which isn't uncommon, but I'm pretty sure it was a bunch of coyotes.

Anyways, it makes for an interesting discussion, thanks for everyones opinions.

Ya sure know how to cause a stink Lew... :sarcasm:

Bears are definately around Youngs Point. I've seen one at the locks at Burleigh. I live east of Lakefield for 5 years and saw bears every summer. Some with cubs. One ate a bar of English Lether soap we had outside. So it is entirely possible they are in your area. That said, I'm sure I've seen spring deer scat like that. They are on grass right now and don't form the pellets well. Kinda mushy. Cut it open. If you find hair it is likely a bear.

thanks for the link Shore Lunch, i think im gonna have to buy that book, it's pretty funny

I just came upon it myself cause of this thread.. figured i would share it.

.. now lets see some more scat pictures lol :clapping: great post lew.

Edited by Shore_Lunch

Any deer poop I've ever seen looked like a pile of black jelly-beans.

I think it's from a .............SAMSQUATCH!!! :w00t:

I'm with you on this one. I am willing to bet it is one of them Saskatchewans.

Lew,

Here's a good link to different animal scat..... you be the judge

Poop Images

Jacques I am still trying to figure out why all those animals would carry coins around and drop them beside there poop piles. I've heard of Paying toilets but give me a break. They'll have to start pooping at night when nobody is around.

Edited by wallyboss